Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2002 1:38:29 PM EDT
[argue]
Spelling has been corrected. Happy?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
..because not all of us beleive in the inherent genetic superiority of any race. Some races may have a superior attitude, but this would only be due to culture/upbringing. We ALL come from the same gene pool.

lib
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#2]
"superiority" has nothing to do with it...it is YOUR team, and if you can't stick with your own people you are weak and worthless...
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably we are all closet racist.

The worst racists are the Orientals and among Orientals the Japanese are the worst.

Many Japanese still can't figure out how a nation of Mongrels kicked their asses while simultaneously fighting another war in Europe.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:18:13 PM EDT
[#7]
if we're all so racist now, wait til aliens come.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:42:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
To be a good RACIST...one should know how to spell [:D]
View Quote
No shit.  Dictionaries are $5 at Walmart.  At least it wasn't "rascict".  Damn! [stick]
View Quote

www.dictionary.com is free!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
if we're all so racist now, wait til aliens come.
View Quote

They're already here:

[url]http://www.mexica-movement.org/A1.html[/url]

3) OUR HERITAGE MUST BE RECLAIMED: We must declare again and again that we are the true owners of the lands of Anahuac and Aztlan. We must work and struggle to take our lands back under our control.
View Quote

The greasers are doing a pretty god job of reclaiming the southwest.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"superiority" has nothing to do with it...it is YOUR team, and if you can't stick with your own people you are weak and worthless...
View Quote

Who is my "team"? My people are Americans; wether they are white, blacke, red or yellow. I hold no grudges against people from other coutries as well.

I am however prejudiced against racists and those who look down on others who are not of their "team".

lib
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe it only takes about 4,000 years for the skin pigmentation to adapt to a new environment and change color.  Not very long in the overall scheme of things.

Sooo if you want to be black (or make sure descendants are) head over to Africa - want to be white or whiter head off for one of the poles.  Besides your skin pigmentation not much more is likely to change.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#13]
There is no doubt that racism is alive and well and thriving in this country. White people are fed up with minorities having super rights. In time you will see the abolishment of Affirmative Action. It has started already. The Black race has had it's hand out for more than 30 years now. Enough is enough.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Let me clarify what I meant by saying that we should all be closet racists. I am new to this board and it is not my place to tell others what they should orshould not do at this site. However as a fellow gun owner and fellow AR-15 owner I believe that I should share my concerns. I have been on this site for a little while and have found a wealth of information that I would not have found otherwise. For that I am thankful. On the other hand, I have also read quite a few posts that were not so enlightening. Since this is a public forum anyone can read these posts much like when we go to anti-gun websites and mess with their polls. Anti's can come here and copy racial opinions posted here and use them as evidence that gun owners are a bunch of racists rednecks making them feel the need to further gun laws. These gun laws give me ulcers in my stomach and I don't need anymore. I do not like being classified as a fanitical racist. Essentially, I am saying that by making racist statements on a public forum, you do me and other gun owners a dis-service by reinforcing the notion that gun owners are knuckle dragging neanderthals that wear white sheets and burn crosses. Although I am sure that none of us here engage in such activity, nobody knows for sure. Especially outsiders.

As for asians being the worst racists, I will have to disagree. If this were in any other context I would be offended but since this is public descussion I will let it slide. Being asian raised in America I will say that many asians are racist, but no more that whites, blacks, hispanics, etc. So don't give me any crap about one group being more racist than the other.

This isn't a "love everybody because we are all equal" post. I ain't no goddamn hippie and I have my own prejudices. However, I choose not to spout them for the world to read and soil the already tarnished reputations of my fellow gun owners.

So what I mean by "be a closet racist" is to keep it to yourself. And if you must vent somewhere, go to www.kkk.com. Don't do it here. Thats like shitting where you eat.

I think I've caused enough trouble here for one day so I'll be back tommorow.

Oh yea, as for minorities having "super rights", I am going to have to disagree with that one too. I haven't gotten a damn thing for being asian. I've had to work just as hard as everyone else for what I have. The beneficiaries of minority rights are BLACKS, HISPANICS AND NATIVE AMERICANS. Affirmative action is actually against asians in many cases. Certain Universities in California are considering limiting the number of asians allowed regardless of qualifications. Asians with higher scores on their SATs will be passed over for blacks or hispanics with lower scores. Now that I have thoroughly pissed everyone off, I'm going to go have a beer. Care to join me? [beer]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As for asians being the worst racists, I will have to disagree. If this were in any other context I would be offended but since this is public descussion I will let it slide. Being asian raised in America I will say that many asians are racist, but no more that whites....
View Quote

I have no statistics to prove you wrong here, but personal experience (grad school in a technical field) has led me to think that asians are far more likely to be overtly racist than whites. This is doubly true for asians who were not raised in america. When I say racist, the only thing I'm meaning is that they tend to dislike non-asians simply because they are non-asian. Many of them also liked to quote statistics (test scores, university admissions) as evidence for asian intellectual superiority. I'm not sure what to make of this. Liberals would scream racism right away, but hey, the statistics are there, so by one measure the average asian in the US is more intelligent (as measured by these tests) than the average white american. Is pointing that out racism? I don't think so.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#16]
AlClenin, I will not deny that there are Asians out there who are a bunch of stuck up snobby pricks. I am sure that the anecdote that you point out is the truth. In fact, I have had similar experiences in college with fellow asians who were exchange students. It was more than them not liking whites. They didn't like anyone unless they were from the same clique. I think that if you take any group of people from a different country, they will stick togeather and exclude others from that group. I mean hell, the canadians did the same thing at my college. What the hell do the canadians have to be proud of? huh? Oh wait, beeeeeer. [beer] Time for me to get another.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
AlClenin, I will not deny that there are Asians out there who are a bunch of stuck up snobby pricks. I am sure that the anecdote that you point out is the truth. In fact, I have had similar experiences in college with fellow asians who were exchange students. It was more than them not liking whites. They didn't like anyone unless they were from the same clique. I think that if you take any group of people from a different country, they will stick togeather and exclude others from that group. I mean hell, the canadians did the same thing at my college. What the hell do the canadians have to be proud of? huh? Oh wait, beeeeeer. [beer] Time for me to get another.
View Quote

In undergrad school I saw what you're talking about too. I got to be really good friends with a guy from Malaysia, and he was often complaining about how the international students would not interact very much with american students. They even snubbed him a few times because he tended to not hang around with other "boaters".

I think Paul pretty much summed up the only good way to interact with other people. I tend to use slurs and try to be as politically incorrect as possible when I'm talking about groups in general or talking about racism (mostly to get a rise out of people {trolling?} but also to point out the hypocrisy of the people who most often complain about racism) but I always try to make sure that when I'm dealing with individuals I judge them based on what they say and do.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Closets are for clothes baby.

I saw that on the bumper of a car in New Orleans. The sissy driving it had a beefcake air freshener hanging on his rearview mirror.LOL!

Growing up in south Louisiana in the race riot days and going to high school in the first year of intergration, I can tell you that it's very hard for me to look at a colored person without some prejudice. Most of the time my prejudice is proven to be unfounded but a good part of the time is is spot on. The coloreds in my part of the world don't like most white people when they first meet them either. It is a hard won trust that is not taken lightly. Call me what you will but that is how I am. I wont appologize or be made to feel bad about myself for this tendency. I could no more change the way that I feel than I could change the tides.

Unless you are lying to yourself, you know you are prejudiced too. Just don't let it rule your life.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:01:36 PM EDT
[#19]
[left] Racism is bad. Refer to my sig line for how to live a life free of prejudice toward anyone![/left]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

As for asians being the worst racists, I will have to disagree. If this were in any other context I would be offended but since this is public descussion I will let it slide. Being asian raised in America I will say that many asians are racist, but no more that whites, blacks, hispanics, etc. So don't give me any crap about one group being more racist than the other.

[beer]
View Quote

I don't know about giving you crap but I'm certainly going to respond.

You responded as an American of Asian  ancestry.  My statement that Orientals were the most prejudiced related to Japanese citizens living in Japan or Koreans living in Korea not to Americans of any ancestry.
My statement stands.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#22]
as always, individual cases differ. I'm personally Chinese, but most of my friends aren't. I find that I get along with Russians especially well for some reason. I guess I'm just sick of the intellectual snobbery as some of your are. All I can say is that the really arrogant snobbish ones must not have been exposed to much of the real world and are just regurgitating their home made propaganda. I've met many very smart people in my life and race isn't even an issue. When you're among intelligent people, there are much more intelligent things to do than propagate ignorant stupid racist BS. (besides that, I guess stereotypes are hard to break unless you see material counterexample. There are actually homosexuals that are intelligent, non-exhibitionist and not morons chanting we're here, we're queer, blah blah)
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#23]
As Pangea states, we [b]ALL[/b] hold some kind of prejudice of one kind or another; it is, unfortunately, just an underlying part of human nature. However, when you lump all people of an ethnic, social or a religious group together and look upon them in a negative manner, that's when it is a reaction, with very little if any thought behind it. Each group, be it ethnic, social, geographic, religious or sexual, has its delinquents and degenerates. Hell, there are people in my own ethnic group that I would shoot on sight, if I could get away with it. The same applies for some other people that I have had the misfortune of meeting. [b]BUT[/b], I try not to let those few misfits influence my opinion concerning the rest. I'm not saying "...why can't we all just get along...". However, I don't think that it should be the central focus of a person's life; there are far too many more important things to be concerned with.
[soapbox]
Yes, dear, I'm getting off the soapbox now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#24]
There’s a difference between simply [I] knowing [/I] someone is different, and hating someone cause they are different.  Hatred and anger most of the time come from frustration.  Look at the cause of the frustration and there you have the issue.  
I wanted to backtrack some modern issues, so I studied history, archeology, Anthropology, etc outside of the circle of “established” education.  I learned many facts that would get me burned at the stake for mentioning them.
By the way guys, Asians (particularly Japanese) are not racist’s.  They are [b]separatists[/b].  Big difference.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:17:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok, this is getting a little off the subject of where I was taking this originally. I also want to make clear that this response and all of the replies above were made with very little emotion or passion so don't bother trying to get a rise out of me. The reason for the first post I made was to point out that I don't give a rats ass whether or not someone is racist. Just that putting racist remarks on a site that probably gets trolled by anti's fuels the concerns of the irrational punks. By the way isn't this a site for AR's or something like that?

I will reitterate: be racist all you want, just try to make it so gun owners and racists are not lumped into the same category.

5subslr5,

My remarks did not differentiate between american born asians or asian born asians. I have been all over Europe, Asia, and Central America and I can say that Racists in Cheju-do no better or worse than racists in Barcelona or Panama City. To judge an entire hemisphere of the world based on the experience of one person in a microscopic subset of the population is misinformed at best. I'm not fishing for an appology. I really don't care what you think. But to judge BILLIONS of people based on one persons experiences is quite truely faulty reasoning.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Personally, I have more disgust reserved for the White guilt Liberals who are the proponents of affirmative action than for the so called minorities that benefit from them.  I think that we can all agree that affirmative action is the worst form of racism.  Perpetrated by the government upon it's own citizens.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top