Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2002 7:01:27 AM EDT
Yes, I have one.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:06:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Mainline a shitload of this. You will feel better in no time...!

[img]http://www.samswine.com/images/img-beer-menupic.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#2]
2 cokes, 2 aspirin, and a trip to the shitter, you'll be good as new.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:18:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Have a big bowl of menudo.

If you keep it down, you'll feel better.  And if you puke it up, you'll feel better.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:19:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Or better yet...

[img]http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/mezcal.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.mexikaner-im-altstadtviertel.de/mezcal.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:33:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I am trying to help you Aviator. I am on a mission to get rid of all the beer in the world. It is evil. My mission is to consume it all for the good of mankind. Your hangover has inspired me to work harder!

[beer]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:37:12 AM EDT
[#6]
[b]*GROAN*[/b]

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw the thread title and seriously thought it was MarineGrunt again....

TheRedGoat

ps.  Anyone hear from MarineGrunt lately?  
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#8]
If you would drink a a little better quality alcohol than Boonesfarm wine, you wouldn't feel so bad.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:57:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you ever say to yourself, "I didn't have enough fun last night to warrent this kind of a hangover"
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:59:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Or better yet...

[img]http://www.foodsubs.com/Photos/mezcal.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.mexikaner-im-altstadtviertel.de/mezcal.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Yuck! Yer giving me flashbacks of a horrible weekend in Austin Nov 99 involving warm 7-UP, Jose Quervo, those little plastic motel glasses and a warm towell and a big dent in a rented Chevy Lumina
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you would drink a a little better quality alcohol than Boonesfarm wine, you wouldn't feel so bad.
View Quote

[personal attack] You SHUT UP [/personal attack]

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#12]
The Hair of the dog is a good place to start, but if you really want to get rid of that hangover you need to rehydrate. A person not posessing your intellect and charm would assume that this would be best done via drinking wateror gatorade. This approach is wrong in every sense of the word, you simply cannot drink enough fluids to replenish the fluids you lost in metabolizing the alcohol. (Or the amount of fluid you puked onto your shoes, on the fender of some guy's Cadillac, and on you prospective date's outfit.)
The answer is to somehow bypass the mouth and to get fluids directly to the inside of your very dry body. This can be accomplished most easily by the adminstration of 2 to 5 liters of Normal Saline or Lactated Ringers at a wide open rate via a 15gtt/min admin set flowing through a large bore catheter (at least a 14ga.). If you can get your hands on some pure Oxygen then administer 15 lpm via a Non-rebreating mask for about an hour. Now for the coup d' gras, get some vitamin B12 injectable solution and have someone give you a shot. This will eliminate a hangover in about 30 minutes or so.

But...., if you can't scrounge up all of this medical stuff then you could self administer a coffee/canola oil enema. It won't help the hangover, but it should give you something else to think about.

The above information was for entertainment purposes only and should not be follwed by anyone.YMMV
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

TheRedGoat

ps.  Anyone here from MarineGrunt lately?  
View Quote

No posts this week at all.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[personal attack] You SHUT UP [/personal attack]

View Quote

Now I understand while the little aviator is wearing dark shades.  Does that mean Old Sun hurt his wittle wed eyes?

ROFLMAO

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#15]
The [b]BEST[/b] cure for a hangover is:

1.  Plenty of water.
2.  Good Indian food, spice level at least medium.
3.  Toilet session.
4.  More water.
5.  If possible, nap.

This works every time.  I'm serious.  I have yet to meet one person who tried it and didn't feel much better...even without the nap.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
2 cokes, 2 aspirin, and a trip to the shitter, you'll be good as new.
View Quote

Negative, do not take asprin, it inhibits the release of alcohol form your blood stream. Rehydrate as the others have told oyu. I prefer ot drink as much as I can take right before I pass out if possible. Helps in the morning. Also some IB Profen (SP?) if you need pain relief
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:50:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The [b]BEST[/b] cure for a hangover is:

1.  Plenty of water.
2.  Good Indian food, spice level at least medium.
3.  Toilet session.
4.  More water.
5.  If possible, nap.

This works every time.  I'm serious.  I have yet to meet one person who tried it and didn't feel much better...even without the nap.
View Quote

This man has got it down, folks.  One other suggestion I might add - eat a banana first thing in the morning.

I've never had a hangover that an Indian lunch buffet couldn't cure.  Don't go for the spicy curries, because then you'll want more beer to kill the spice!

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This man has got it down, folks.  One other suggestion I might add - eat a banana first thing in the morning.

I've never had a hangover that an Indian lunch buffet couldn't cure.  Don't go for the spicy curries, because then you'll want more beer to kill the spice!

the_reject
View Quote

Dude, if you're ever in VA, look me up.

As for the spicy curries, when treating a hangover I substitute raita for beer.  This permits the free consumption of the medicinal, hangover-curing, ass-burning spices.  I just took one of my co-workers for this therapy at lunch today.  Now he feels great!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#19]
In college I used to down B-complex vitamins with a gallon of water before bed. Chips-Ohoy cookies help too.

If you wake up and you still feel like chit, drive your a$$ to Waffle House and order the All American breakfast.

Nowadays I dont take chit to combat the hangover because the hangover is what keeps me from drinking every night of the week.

Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:23:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
But...., if you can't scrounge up all of this medical stuff then you could self administer a coffee/canola oil enema. It won't help the hangover, but it should give you something else to think about.
View Quote

Wiggy762, if you keep making me spit my beer all over my monitor, I won't have to worry about ever drinking enough to get hung over.

In all seriousness, my approach is similar to Snorkel_Bob's...I drink enough water the night before to prevent even being hung over the next day.  Never been hung over yet (although I'm only 22, and I'm bound to fuck up eventually....)
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

TheRedGoat

ps.  Anyone hear from MarineGrunt lately?  
View Quote

Don't worry, I'm alive! I've been real busy lately, but I've been lurking every once in a while.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Trying eating 3 or 4 habanero peppers and wash them down with a pint of basalmic vinegar.  It may not cure your hangover, but odds are it will be your *last* hangover.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Water, water, water! No pills, bad, bad, bad.

Now listen again, water, water, water!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:42:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Dude, if you're ever in VA, look me up.

As for the spicy curries, when treating a hangover I substitute raita for beer.  This permits the free consumption of the medicinal, hangover-curing, ass-burning spices.  I just took one of my co-workers for this therapy at lunch today.  Now he feels great!!
View Quote

Same for you here in Georgia...  And if you ever head towards Alabama, I can recommend to you the absolute BEST Indian restaurant I've ever had the pleasure to eat at.  The tikka masala, the naan, the vindaloo, it is all the absolute best.

But you must learn the truth as spoken by Lister from the Brit-com [i]Red Dwarf[/i]:

[b][i]Of course!  A lager!  The only thing that can kill a vindaloo![/i][/b]

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#25]
First thing when you wake up....see if you can pull that ax from the middle of your forhead. If that doesnt work take 2 tynol sinus and as much water as possible.

Go back to bed.

If your still hurtin after you wake back up drink two beers, turn on the stereo and play Stevie Ray Vaughns Vodoo Child as loud as possible.  If this doesnt cure your hang-around at least you'll die happy!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#26]
The absolute best thing I've found to get rid of a hangover is an herb called Kudzu.
Some larger vitamin/health food stores have it.
Stuff is great. It also eliminates the desire for any alcohol. So, if I'm going out for a beer or two after work, and I don't want to be out too late, I'll pop a few. After a drink or two I'm through.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#27]
A guy I knew in St. Louis years ago was a  competing bodybuilder (natural only, no steroids) and he ate shitloads of vitamins. This guy also was ex-Navy and drank like a fish. He NEVER got hangovers, and credited it with lots of water and vitamins. During my 20's and into my 30's I had my "Bachelors Survival Kit" that consisted of two Advil and a good multiple vitamin before sacking out after a night of heavy drinking. Worked like a charm. You might wake up the next day physicly feeling like you were trolled behind a car, but you won't have Big Ben going off in your head. My girlfriend is an RT, and a few minutes of pure oxygen knocks the hell out of a hangover also.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:15:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't have a hangover when I drink. I just work it off at work.[<]:)]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#29]
i always make sure i have eating something before i start drinking even if it just a piece of bread or a glass of milk. the one time i didnt do it i felt like shit the next day
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Best cure for a hangover is Fruit Punch Gatorade.

Paper
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:20:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 8:52:23 AM EDT
[#32]
This still going? Wow, my hangover is gone by the way. I have to agree aobut the IV and O2. My roomate in Germany was a medic and on those real bad days he would "hook us up". Ringers clears you right up. If he was unavailable, we would climb into the C12 when we got to the hanger and sit and breathe O2 for about 10 minutes.

So, who is bringing the O2 and Ringers to the BRC?

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
A guy I knew in St. Louis years ago was a  competing bodybuilder (natural only, no steroids) and he ate shitloads of vitamins.
View Quote

Probably had really expensive urine too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top