Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2002 5:10:30 PM EDT
Took my 17 YO daughter out this weekend to shoot.  Went through my new Mil-Spec 45, Glock (she's getting better than me with it) and the plinker 10/22.  But, when we finally got to the AR, she was psyched.  The big smile after the exploding milk jugs was the kicker!  At least I know what to get her for Graduation!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
great!  I'll be doing simillar with my 7yo daughter this weekend! [:)]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:54:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a few more years to go.  My daughter is only four.  I am looking forward to it already.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
My oldest daughter will be 6 in late may.  I already have her chipmunk 22 ready.  Her mom's gonna freak...but, hell, little one will love it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Took My youngest (10yrs) out on sat. I have been trying to get out to sight in My 24" heavy barreled flat top for weeks now. I was asked, by Her, if I would let her try shooting. I've always asked both of My girls if They wanted to try shooting, without forcing it on Them, and My oldest had tried it and wasn't too interested in it. Well I was quite happy to let her try her first shot. She, of course, was nervous. I've raised Them both with a healthy respect for all tools, and She watched and followed every step I had showed Her. I had brought out My 10/22 and single loaded it for her, gave her the all clear and She took her time and s q u e e z e d off a nice first shot. Then asked to do it again....and again, and again. She kept the target, and asked if(When She gets older) if She might "Get to Use" the 10/22? I told her that I'd be more than happy to buy her Her very Own. I wish My digital had worked(Dead batteries!) but I still am grinning from ear to ear! Ah! This is one of those good days My Dad always was talking about. [:)]

Tall(God! I Love My Girls!) Shadow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top