Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/29/2002 2:01:00 PM EDT
If the Supreme Court/Congress revoked your right to gun ownership today, and announced that all gun owners must turn in their firearms to their local law enforcement agency by May 1st 2002, what would be your reaction? If you hid your firearms you wouldn't be able to use them publicly (hunting, plinking, etc.) for fear of confiscation and/or fines/imprisonment. Would you revolt and if so, how would individual gun owners across the US band together to put up even a minutely effective defense/offense? Honestly...if it happens (and it easily could; Australia, England), what would be our recourse other than legislation to repeal such an amendment?

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Just what the founding fathers intended freedom loving people to do.

Fight for your rights!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:08:54 PM EDT
[#2]
That sounds like a baited question...

Question: if you appeal it, will the date of enactment be delayed until the appeal is decided upon?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:14:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We'd have to call out the NINJA'S of course[:P]
View Quote

[b]The Mall Ninjas, to be exact.[/b]

[img]http://www.sinistralrifleman.com/protesters1.jpg[/img]
[b]image borrowed from [url]www.sinistralrifleman.com[/url][/b]

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Where did that Congressman go?

[stick]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd wait until 02 May 2002, and find out who was enforcing this unconstitutional edict.

Then we'd find out how ineffective the 55grn FMJ round really is.

Please take note of the sig line below.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Gun ownership? That's silly. Everyone knows that guns were outlawed back in 1934.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gun ownership? That's silly. Everyone knows that guns were outlawed back in 1934.
View Quote

Only the suppressive fire type.
[;)]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:33:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Sounds like a plan to me! [;)]
View Quote

You, me and my wife makes three. We need one more for a regulation fire team.

Anyone? Anyone?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm with Jarhead, there are not enough leo and military personel avaible to enforce such a wide decree.  I too would wait to see who would be stupid enough to start trying to enforce this.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#12]
i sold all my guns to a guy at a gun show, mister occifer.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#13]
80 Million NRA members   VS   Mabye 4 million LE/Military (if none leave).

You do the math.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm with Jarhead
View Quote

DINGDINGDINGDING!!! [b]We have a fireteam![/b]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:42:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:44:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You do the math.
View Quote

yes but remember u dont have to own a gun to be a member plkus all the jr members.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#18]
They are already doing it in Kaili and NJ.

Is anyone there fighting back?

If you bury them, it says something about what you are doing to your RIGHT.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#19]
What firearms?

I dumped all of mine in the Pacific Ocean on December 31, 1999.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Punt.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:58:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What firearms?

I dumped all of mine in the Pacific Ocean on December 31, 1999.
View Quote

Dang, you beat me to it!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:06:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You do the math.
View Quote

Uhh, no.  Check your numbers again.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#25]
File a police report on 4-30-02 about my registered guns that were stolen- let the authorities try to find where I buried em.... and just bury the non-registered ones with the thousands of rounds of 55gr FMJ wherever I want.  The rights of the people...........[8P]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I would link up with Jarhead 22 and solicit all Marines, past, present, retired, reserve or active, to join us and fight such tyranny. JarheadGunner.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#27]
My answer to my question: I wouldn't turn them in, period. Like Charlton H. says, "you can pry them from my cold dead hands." I would do everything I could do legaly, but then I guess I should be doing that right now, before the fact.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Didn't this already happen in California?  Oops I am sorry is it still legal to mention CA on a firearm web site???  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#29]
It would be the end of the Constitution and thus the powers we vest in the government.  If the government no longer had legitimate power, can we guess what comes next?  Lawyer or not, I'm on the roof also.  

Will the military defend the corrupt government?  Its a question I ask my brother and his army buddies...if the 2nd Amendment were discarded and a revolution followed, would you fire on your fellow Americans if the government ordered you to do so?  Their answer was that the take their orders.  Seemed like a pretty mindless answer from West Point cadets.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:50:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd probably get killed, but I'd try to take some with me. Maybe blow myself up palestine style.

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#31]
[b]EVERYONE'S guns have already been banned, they're just taking their time rounding them up.

Incremental gun confiscation is already underway.[/b]

I'm already operating under the assumption they can be taken at any moment.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would link up with Jarhead 22 and solicit all Marines, past, present, retired, reserve or active, to join us and fight such tyranny. JarheadGunner.
View Quote

Oohrah!

"Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the American Marines."
--Captured North Korean Major
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:42:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Will the military defend the corrupt government?  Its a question I ask my brother and his army buddies...if the 2nd Amendment were discarded and a revolution followed, would you fire on your fellow Americans if the government ordered you to do so?  Their answer was that the take their orders.  Seemed like a pretty mindless answer from West Point cadets.
View Quote

Of course, they are breaking the laws anyway by passing laws against the constitution... but I don't think the military is allowed to enforce laws against the citizens.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If guns were outlawed?

I guess I'd be an outlaw then.
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'd probably get killed, but I'd try to take some with me. Maybe blow myself up palestine style.

View Quote

Actually, taking myself out would be stupid. I'd go on the run and leave the safe filled with explosives and locked. Torche this open thugs, hahaha.

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like a plan to me! [;)]
View Quote

You, me and my wife makes three. We need one more for a regulation fire team.

Anyone? Anyone?
View Quote

ill join you in that..
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Wrist Rocket
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Ok, part 2. Say this law was passed. What would be their first attempts at enforcement? I can imagine:

a)The feds paying a visit to all registered gun owners (of course).

b)Dealers would have to turn in their inventory and the feds would examine the books to see what was sold to whom.

c)Snitches would be paid to turn in friends and family (Gestapo).

d)Bye bye militia groups.

Imagine the thousands of factory workers who would lose their jobs and the ancillary industries (steel industry) that would be affected.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#39]
The government would have a really really bad day.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I wouldn't give away my game plan here.

Keep them guessing is my motto.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#41]
For Now: “What guns? I sold all of them at a gun show a couple months ago.”

When the time finally comes: Well, I think you all can guess which side I will be on.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I wouldn't give away my game plan here.

Keep them guessing is my motto.
View Quote

what he said
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Actually, taking myself out would be stupid. I'd go on the run and leave the safe filled with explosives and locked. Torche this open thugs, hahaha.
View Quote

[:)]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Are gun owners currently required to report lost/stolen guns to the police?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Oohrah!

"Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the American Marines."
--Captured North Korean Major
View Quote
Have to ask.  You want any squids with you?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Have to ask.  You want any squids with you?
View Quote

Squids are always welcome, shipmate!

Even Army dogs and airedales.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Thats when I'd go open carry and find out who has hair on their nuts. I aint backing up no more.

I wont claim that I sold my guns or dropped them in any ocean either.  Mine will be in plain sight and in good company. Try me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#48]
OK, just to stir the pot a little here. Think about the scenario in realistic terms.

To me, those of you who plan on saying "no sir, no guns here" are being a bit foolish.

1. The people showing up to your door aren't just going to take your word for it.

2. It is a flawed tactic. In many ways.

See, so few people will actually have "hidden" guns to make much of a difference for armed resistance after a full scale sweep of known gun owners. Unless of course you're just burying your guns to hunt with later.

Not only that, public opinion will probably be swayed by full scale media coverage of "lunatic's" resisting and killing "innocent" Feds.

This is of course hypothetical since it isn't going to happen like that, and unfortunately they're doing it inch by inch with virtually no resistance. 80 million NRA members? Well they've stopped how many gun laws? Hell, as long as they can hunt squirrels with .22's I think most of them are happy.

It's funny because California and other states are already test cases. People talk about non violent ways of combating gun control, and I'm all for it. But how many gun owners are willing to move out of states who have shredded the constitution? Not many. Lordtrader, hats off to you for having the guts to do it!

My wife had a very good job offer if we moved there, but declined because she knew how that would affect us, and didn't even consider it.

To get back to the subject, I'll take the fifth.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

CPL Bulldog reporting as ordered!!

Oh, and what my sig says!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Minman72,
   Your brothers and friends answers seem to go along with the famous Combat Arms Survey taken at 29 Palms several years ago. About a third of the Marines that took the survey said that they would follow orders to confiscate firearms. If that is consistant throughout the military(active/reserve/nat.gd.), then it would be very interesting to see the effect such an order would heve on unit morale and cohesion. What would happen to those that chose to resist/not comply? What would the, say, 8-15 year people do when confronted with the choice of following orders or following the Constitution? Would they possibly throw their pensions away? What would the legal people(JAG, area defense counsel, etc.) say about it? Would the top brass have the b*lls to say "NO WAY"? Would ANY brass have the b*lls to say "NO WAY"? Would lawmakers, cops, etc. worry about the many former servicemen with combat experience (see Unintended Consequences)?
Or would they (lawmakers)be content to continue the salami slice tactics that have worked so far?
Just some thoughts.
Any comments?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top