Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2002 12:31:25 PM EDT
Skylight Explosives has just donated 7 cases of exploding binary targets for "demonstration" and "door prizes" for the convention.

5 cases will be used for demo purposes over the three days, and 2 cases will be given away as door prizes.

Lets all thank Daniel Tanner of [url=skylightexplosives.com]Skylight Explosives[/url] for adding a bigger bang to the BRC!

[img]http://skylightexplosives.com/exploding_targets_pic.jpg[/img]
[img]http://skylightexplosives.com/blowup_small.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Binaries are actually chemicals that are 100% safe, until mixed!

These targets consist of 2 chemicals that are mixed, and then set off via the "friction" of a bullet passing through it.

Take the time to read the [EXPLODING TARGETS] page on his website.  Very interesting, and 100% legal in all 50 states!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Louder the squeel the harder the bite....
Reactionary targets are the best.....
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Anti I have a GREAT mpg of a Tannerite charge going boom & "recycing" [:D] an old computer.
If ya want I'll email it to for posting so people can get a preview of how awesome(I still cant believe they are legal) thes are.
Echo6
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Please send it to me, so I can post it here!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#6]
anti- you have mail.
BTW the little voice you hear at the end saying "BOOM" is my oldest son. As I recall he was 17 months old at  the time. A future black rifle shooter for shure [:D]

E6
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!

Those things are cool.  Hopefully I will be able to make it to the BRC!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, here's the MPEG from Echo6...

[url]http://www.ar15-convention.com/pix/tannerite.mpg[/url]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:17:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Beekeeper- If I had a clue I would offer advise.
Words of wisdom will have to come from someone more technicly profecient than myself [:(]
E6
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:19:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Tannerite is awesome.  It is expensive so I haven't purchased any myself.  I thought I saw something earlier about no explosives at BRC. [:D]  Glad someone changed their minds.

I have a video of the 4/2001 VA shoot.  I'll cut out the binary explosions and create a link for them.  Give me a little while.

Thanks! Skylight Explosives.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:30:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone know of a place where I can upload this?   The file is about 2.2 Meg.

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#13]
CAn someone please send me the video as well
their site is down right now thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't find a place to dump it so I just emailed my video to Anti...  Maybe he will post a link.  It is around 2.2 Megs.

Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:49:46 PM EDT
[#15]
2.2 is way to large to post...  It would kill the bandwidth!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:53:33 PM EDT
[#16]
We changed our minds, simply due to the safe nature of the Tannerite Reactive Targets...

Anyone wanting to bring them, can feel free to do so, but no other type of explosives will be permitted!

Contact Daniel now, and order away!!!  [flame]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow, what timing.

I just got to play with some this stuff on Sunday.

HOLLY SHIZU BATMAN!!!

That stuff is waaaayyyy to cool! I have never had so much fun in all my life. I really wish I had taken a camera of some sort.

We went out to a quiet place. But someone had been there before and left a pile of shot up computers (system cases and monitors) which really bummed us out. Well we didn't know how this stuff would work, so we shot one container and just about pissed our pants! Big Bada Boom!!! We were just awe struck with the bang and HUGE grins came across our faces and ideas starting dancing in our heads.

First up, a left over computer montior. Stuck the Tannerite in the shell of the monitor, and put some leftover pieces on top. One shot, BOOM!!! Pieces went everywhere. We were laughing and giggleing like school kids.

We proceded to "clean" up all the things left by the sloths before us. We litterly blew things up into itty-bitty pieces. At one point we actually had pieces flying over 100 yards (stuff was going over our heads).

Thanks for posting the above URL, I believe I will be placing an order!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 4:22:54 AM EDT
[#18]
^ BTT ^
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:25:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Cool! Those things rock. I got a case last Fall before I moved to Iowa.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:31:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Correct me if I'm wrong but these are only set off by a high power rifle round, handguns, .22's etc won't do it.  How far should you be from the neighbors?  What do you tell the lawmen when they arrive?  Is there some kind of documentation that explains legality?  I want to play too!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Flashoveride:  You are correct!

All of the information you are needing can be found on their website.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I shot a couple here at a small local range last week. Shortly after the first one the neighbor came walking up. He asked if everything was OK. I said yep, and asked why he wanted to know. He said he had heard us shooting over here and that"I hear  bang, bang, bang, [b]BOOM[/b]" and thought I should come over and see what heppened.

I showed him the targets and explained that they were legal. He was pretty cool with it. I told him I would not shoot any more if they were bugging him. He told me to keep shooting them, that he was just worried something had happened.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:31:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I showed him the targets and explained that they were legal. He was pretty cool with it. I told him I would not shoot any more if they were bugging him. He told me to keep shooting them, that he was just worried something had happened.

View Quote

Do you have a good fence?  Because I would say that is a good neighbor! [;)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:40:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Boom
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
2.2 is way to large to post...  It would kill the bandwidth!
View Quote

It wont affect the site's bandwidth as long as it is not hosted by the site.  Posting a link to the file on anoter site wont be any big deal.  I have plenty of space.  If someone will send mt the file in email to [email protected] I will be happy to host it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top