Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/19/2010 11:39:37 PM EDT
cities get off easy.

Deep Impact (1998) had a couple scenes filmed on Virginia State Route 234 (bypass) near Manassas before it was opened to traffic. I regularly drive on that same stretch of road every week or two. In the movie it was where the big traffic jam was where the boy finds his lady friend/wife near the end of the movie.

What do you have?

eta: corrected movie title...I meant the dooms day movie, not the Dirty Harry movie.

Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Some vampire movie

eta: now I remember- Lost Boys
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm watching Sudden Impact right now.

I met Anthony Hopkins during filming for The World's Fastest Indian when they were filming at a restaurant near me.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
When they were filming one of the lethal weapons I got a notice on my door saying we will be hearing explosions and gun shots because of filming.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:47:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Grumpy/Grumpier Old men. Shot some in Stillwater,MN. Also Lorenzo's Oil. The house where they lived belongs to a friend of mine. Also in Stillwater,MN
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
War Games
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Planes Trains Automobiles filmed a few miles from my house.

The scene where John Candy is trying to read the lips of the couple in the other car, who are trying to yell he's in the wrong lane...
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I've seen a couple filmed downtown New Orleans. Most notably Deja Vu, Boomerang, Double Jeapordy and some others but I never found out what they were. They were filming a show about Memphis PD last time I was there. They also filmed Lawman there. I saw people I knew get arrested.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:48:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:49:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Well my area being a little Island, we have the biggest water Tank in the Mediterranean, brilliant weather for most of the year and centuries old fortifications. That means we got type cast and most films shot here are ancient epic Battles, like Gladiator, Troy, Agora and the original Clash of the Titans.

But we also have had some more modern type films like U-571 and Munich.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Most of "Kingpin"' was filmed in my neighborhood.  Also,
"Night of the living dead" in the same neighborhood.  Tons of others were filmed nearby, or at least had scenes done in the area.  "I Am Number 4" ruined a game of disc golf that I was playing in a park 10 minutes from home.

I normally wouldn't share so much info regarding my location, but I moved not too long ago.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm watching Sudden Impact right now.

I was too, it just ended on TNT...that's actually what made me think of it.

I named the wrong movie. I corrected the OP.

Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, all of "A River Runs Through It" was filmed in my home town.

"The Horse Whisperer"

"Cold Feet"

"Rancho Deluxe"

"Eveything That Rises"

"No Reservations w/Anthony Bordaine"

and parts of

"Legends of the Fall" - Jim Harrison lives in there.

Lots of famous people live in my home town.

Even though it's  only about 7.000 people.

Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#13]
A few things have been filmed at Camp Blanding.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh sweet!

Part of Independence Day was filmed in my county. It was the part where Will Smith drags the alien through the desert.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:55:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I lived near Pearl Harbor when "Tora Tora Tora" was filmed, and have memories and pics...I didn't see any famous actors though....
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:56:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I live in Los Angeles / Santa Clarita Valley. Used to live in San Fernando Valley. I see my local haunts on both the small and big screen all the time.  Lately it's just about every exterior shot of NCIS is filmed in and around Santa Clarita.   And just watched a CSI: Vegas repeat about a golf tournament / death, and the golf course shots where the newer course on the west side of town / west of the 5 fwy.

It's also kind of disappointing when they're claiming a spot is somewhere in my area and I can plainly tell it isn't. Recent example is in Independence Day where they drive up to put the hot stripper in the safety of 'El Toro' and it's a desert / dry lake bed. The real MCAS El Toro was a nice piece of green coastal turf / farmland. Not a dry lakebed within 100mi+ of it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:57:19 PM EDT
[#17]
The end of Cast Away.
Link Posted: 12/19/2010 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well my area being a little Island, we have the biggest water Tank in the Mediterranean, brilliant weather for most of the year and centuries old fortifications. That means we got type cast and most films shot here are ancient epic Battles, like Gladiator, Troy, Agora and the original Clash of the Titans.

But we also have had some more modern type films like U-571 and Munich.

Damn it sucks to live in Malta...   It actually sounds like the place I want to retire to...but house prices are crazy...
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Opening of Transformers 2.

Filmed at Bethlehem Steel, I went for some of the filming....

I was surprised they landed the Apache and two blackhawks where they did. The area is full of buildings and electrical lines. The landed them in an area with a two lane road and a small parking lot.

Link Posted: 12/20/2010 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#20]
In and Out.

Micheal Jackson music video.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 12:31:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Kid Rocks latest music video (beach parts) was filmed just down the road from our deer camp.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 12:32:18 AM EDT
[#22]
That hunk of shit whoopi goldberg movie, that hunk of shit madonna movie with wilam dafoe.
Leverage the tv show not to far from here, have met a bunch of the crew guys and all are good people.
down in town we have had tons of movies shot there, one of the worst city planned hatchet jobs that made me sick trying to figure out WTF they were half the time was the hunted.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 12:43:05 AM EDT
[#23]
The only things I can think of, are chick movies...

Sleepless in Seattle, and that abomination of a teenage-vampire movie series, in Forks...
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 12:46:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I saw them film a scene from JAG when I was @ Pt. Hueneme. I had such a crush on Catherine Bell.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 12:47:50 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

The only things I can think of, are chick movies...

Sleepless in Seattle, and that abomination of a teenage-vampire movie series, in Forks...

at least you had a hot meg ryan :)
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 12:59:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, My Cousin Vinny was filmed about 25 miles down the road in Monticello, GA.  The city square you see (and the front of the courthouse) is the center of Monticello.  The "Sac-O-Suds" is on the road between Monticello and Jackson, and is still there today.  The diner/motel is actually between Milledgeville and Eatonton.

The campus scenes from Road Trip were filmed in Athens at the University of Georgia, and the stadium scene with Tom Greene in Sanford Stadium.  I remember seeing flyers asking for extras back when I was a student, and a few friends wound up in the film.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#27]
double tap
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 1:01:57 AM EDT
[#28]
"Navy SEALs" and a bunch of TV shows have been done around here oddly enough.  There was a TV production company that did those shows that would have a reenactment of the events.  Some kidnapping in OH, but oddly enough it's at the Pembroke Mall and all the cars have VA tags...LOL.    

When I lived in San Jose, they did a Kung Fu movie at SJSU when I was there.  I've seen the movie, and it's a really bad movie.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Part of an episode of Walker Texas Ranger was filmed in a church next to a house my family lived in.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 1:05:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Most of The Hunted was filmed in my old stomping grounds. (and will likely be my future stomping grounds)

That said, the editing is nothing like the real thing
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 1:21:04 AM EDT
[#31]
"Close Encounters of the Third Kind"

"Starship Troopers"

"Laramie Project"

I was an extra in the movie, "Prison" filmed in Rawlins in May of 1987. I am onscreen for about 15 seconds. Viggo Mortenson was one of the lead actors. I have a copy of the VHS tape. It went straight to video.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 1:31:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Zombieland, The walking dead, a bunch. They do a lot of filming in the Atlanta / North Georgia area.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 1:53:09 AM EDT
[#33]
"Never Cry Wolf" was filmed In Nome, AK. when I lived there

And for the record, "The Forth Kind" Was a retarded POS and not filmed anywhere near Nome
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 1:53:37 AM EDT
[#34]
jeppers creepers
was film right done the road from my house
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 2:14:28 AM EDT
[#35]
GI Jane
The Big Chill
Forrest Gump
Prince of Tides
Chasers
Forces of Nature
Full Metal Jacket
The Great Santini
The Legend of Bagger Vance

http://www.sciway.net/movies/all-sc-movies.html

Tom Berenger lives here..not unusual to see others walking around town.  

Quite a few movies filmed here...only listed ones that are well known
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 2:19:53 AM EDT
[#36]
If you go to IMDB.com and search for your hometown, it will bring up all of the movies/tv shows filmed there.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2010 2:22:08 AM EDT
[#37]
one of many

Link Posted: 12/20/2010 2:23:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Terms of Endearment, Places in the Heart, Pure Country, and some movie with Matthew Perry and that hot British chick who was engaged to hugh Grant when he was banging the hooker in his car in London.
and a number of TV shows.

Ellis County, Texas.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 2:33:30 AM EDT
[#39]
"A league of there own" was shot here.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 2:44:49 AM EDT
[#40]
They filmed Back to the Future in the mall next to my house. They just had the 25th anniversery showing at the theater here and they brought out the Delorian and Marty's girlfriend from the first movie introduced the movie. It was pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 2:50:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Fort Knox area Stripes and part of Goldfinger.

Elizabethown was shot is Versailles and other areas in KY.

Demolition man used some footage shot in Louisville. They demolished a building and use the footage in a chase scene.  

There is more I'm sure but I can't remember right now.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 2:57:30 AM EDT
[#42]
I live in L.A. ...nuff said
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 2:59:26 AM EDT
[#43]
While I was going to film school at Ohio State, they made a few movies in Columbus. I was marginally involved with two of them.

Nick Nolte, in Teachers was interesting to watch. He could come weaving onto the set after a night of binge drinking, shoot his scenes as if he was sober,
and then go back to being a stumbling drunk as soon as the cameras quit rolling.

Jodie Foster made Little Man Tate right on the OSU campus. I developed a tremendous amount of respect for her; never saw anybody work so hard for so long without let-up.
She was almost always surrounded by a group of stone-cold feminist assistants, but one-on-one, she was friendly and unpretentious. I came in at 5 AM one day to get our projection room ready to
screen dailies. and she was already there, even though she'd worked until 1 AM.  We shot the shit over coffee for a few minutes, and then she kicked into gear for yet another eighteen-hour day.
Watched this go on for weeks without a break. I don't care for her politics, but this woman works her ass off for months at a time, and you have to admire that kind of focus and drive.

Decades later, I had moved to Dayton, and worked at the Library of Congress film lab for twenty years. Got involved with the financing and production of an indy supernatural thriller, shot entirely in Dayton.
The film, True Nature, has already won a shitload of awards at film festivals and conventions. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a lucrative distribution deal, and hoping to see my shares in the movie
generate some substantial profits.

True Nature, film webpages
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 3:01:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Part of "Hi-Lo Country" was filmed near by.  Nothing to exciting tho..
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 3:06:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Part of The Last of the Mohicans and Jungle Book were filmed at nearby Fall Creek Falls.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 3:11:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Not since the silent era. Perils of Pauline and similar stuff. We were the Hollywood of the east til Hollywood was created.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 3:13:43 AM EDT
[#47]
This one was filmed at my cousins camp.  And that's me at the end of the trailer runnin like a big ole tard!
Gula
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 3:15:07 AM EDT
[#48]
They blocked off the downtown area in Springfield Ohio a few years back for some movie. Makes me mad that I can't remember which one?
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 3:18:38 AM EDT
[#49]
A Simple Plan and parts of Grumpy old Men was filmed in my home town.
Link Posted: 12/20/2010 3:25:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Way too many to list or even remember, but the most recent is all the dealership scenes in "Men of a Certain Age" are filmed at my work.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top