Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2002 2:03:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 4:32:52 AM EDT
[#1]
That story is not right....They banned all the assault weapons that kill!!! All those gangmembers are happy little kiddies.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:40:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up "Colors" DVD today.

"The gangs of LA will never die, just multiply."
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:46:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Just relocate the honest people, and let the gangs have their turf wars. Hell, give'em full auto's, let them shoot it out. Then move in and clean up the mess.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#4]
During the 80's-90's thousands of citizens of South Central moved out. They moved to the quiet high desert city of Palmdale. Now in the 00's Palmdale is the murder capital of the state. It's worse than Dodge City. Worse than South Central ever was. It's like living on a shooting range. Local medics like to train there and then move away. After a few months working in Palmdale you've seen everything, they say.

Colors was true to life in the late 80's-early 90's but things have changed. They have spread.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:45:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
 Colors was true to life in the late 80's-early 90's but things have changed. They have spread.
View Quote

PMFJI, but why is there no attrition in these gangs? I would think that between shootings & getting arrested they would be whittling down the numbers a bit?

As an aside, any wonder why these gangs don't invade the Land of the Bubba's?  >evil grin<
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#6]
As an aside, any wonder why these gangs don't invade the Land of the Bubba's?
View Quote

Because they're allergic to buckshot?z
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:04:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

yeah, same here last night.
wal mart for 9.44 right?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As an aside, any wonder why these gangs don't invade the Land of the Bubba's?
View Quote

Because they're allergic to buckshot?z
View Quote

RIGHT ON!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

PMFJI, but why is there no attrition in these gangs? I would think that between shootings & getting arrested they would be whittling down the numbers a bit?

As an aside, any wonder why these gangs don't invade the Land of the Bubba's?  >evil grin<
View Quote

They tried that in Dallas back in the mid-1980's.  A splinter Jamaican group of Bloods called Shower Possee setup housekeeping in the projects near downtown off Hall Street.  Peddling crack, women etc.  Only mistake they made was not checking the neighborhood first.  See they moved in around the corner from the Scorpions.  Scorpions are a black and white affiliate motorcycle club.  Scorps didn't like the kind of crap the Possee brought to the hood.  Shower Possee got its name from signature fusillades surrounding its business deals.  They crossed the line when they opened up on some Scorps one night.  In a running gun battle that lasted three weeks the Scorps eliminated the local Possee.  The neighborhood still looks snaggle-toothed so many houses got burned down.  End result is the Scorps moved up to a bigger two-story clubhouse and drugs are a low-level nuisance in their area.  A little weed may get smoked every now and then, but if you want your kid in a drug-free classroom, see if you can get in a Scorpion kid's class.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
During the 80's-90's thousands of citizens of South Central moved out. They moved to the quiet high desert city of Palmdale. Now in the 00's Palmdale is the murder capital of the state. It's worse than Dodge City. Worse than South Central ever was. It's like living on a shooting range. Local medics like to train there and then move away. After a few months working in Palmdale you've seen everything, they say.

View Quote

Thanks to Mayor Tom Bradley.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

First, what's PMFJI?

Second, good question about why are gangs growing in size- part of the answer is that gang members procreate and have little gang members, just like the rest of us.  Where do little bubba's come from? [:)]

Also, you gotta ask yourself, what conditions and situations must exist for these kinds of people to survive and flourish?  I can't say, but I do know that one of the major attractions is the individual power gained by affiliation. People are joining voluntarily, and see some kind of advantage.  I wonder what that is?

Third, gangs already exst where you live, some are "imports" and some are "home-grown" I'm sure.  Any large urban center has their share... seen any in Memphis?

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

yeah, same here last night.
wal mart for 9.44 right?
View Quote

Circuit City

Colors- $9.99

Ocean's 11 ( 1960 )- $14.99
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

First, what's PMFJI?

Second, good question about why are gangs growing in size- part of the answer is that gang members procreate and have little gang members, just like the rest of us.  Where do little bubba's come from? [:)]

Also, you gotta ask yourself, what conditions and situations must exist for these kinds of people to survive and flourish?  I can't say, but I do know that one of the major attractions is the individual power gained by affiliation. People are joining voluntarily, and see some kind of advantage.  I wonder what that is?

Third, gangs already exst where you live, some are "imports" and some are "home-grown" I'm sure.  Any large urban center has their share... seen any in Memphis?
View Quote

Oh yeah Memphis has its share.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Poor people tend to breed like bunnies.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah main, we got crips-n-bluds.Yo dog recgonize!lol

The ones that I'VE seen are SCARED of armed
rednecks.(no bragging)the are only "tough"
when confronting kids or other/rival thugs.
All the mexicans in my neigborhood are scared
of the "crazy gringo"(sp)with all the artillery.
PISS ON 'EM
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:13:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

First, what's PMFJI?

View Quote

PMFJI= pardon me for jumping in. A polite way of saying, "HEY!" >gg<

Memphis? Judas Priest man, we normal folks avoid Memphis like Bill avoids Hillary's bed!!! >gg<

I'm sure there's gangs of sorts here in Nashville but they (I guess) seem to realize that most rednecks are, indeed, armed & know how to use them. Accurately.  >gg<

What conditions & situations are needed for a gang to flourish? It seems an extremely low level of IQ among the neighborhood is a common theme. Rampant use of the welfare system seems to be another common theme.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just relocate the honest people, and let the gangs have their turf wars. Hell, give'em full auto's, let them shoot it out. Then move in and clean up the mess.
View Quote

Yep, and then prosecute the last one standing for the "murders".  And let those folks who are on welfare, yet seem to feel that working at McDonalds is somehow below them, go in to clean up the mess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top