Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2010 2:49:22 PM EDT
So.....on an impulse in the fun shop today, I put an ATI Compact (Commander) 1911 on layaway.  Seemed decently built, trigger was alright, Series 70, 4.25", GI-style setup.  I figure it could be a good candidate for a bobtail job, and make it a summer CCW piece (after reliability testing it, of course).
I know, I know, it's made in the Phillipines, and its probably cast instead of forged and whatnot.....but, what can y'all tell me about 'em?  I'm not expecting it to shoot like my tricked-out Kimber for the overall price (which I'll finish paying off next week probably), but in my way of thinking it has most of what I was wanting for a second 1911 (4.25, GI plug, beavertail, series 70, steel, and either with a CBOB or a candidate for it), for $600 cheaper than most of the Dan Wesson offerings I see.  If nothing else, it's a gun who, if it gets misappeared into an evidence locker forever, will not have cost me a cool 1K.

(ETA:  Why yes, I DID search).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top