Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2002 12:29:37 PM EDT
... AR15 owners with either [b]Heavy Barrel[/b] or [b]M4[/b] barrels go here and enlighten me on the advantage/disadvantage (comparison) of either.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=112529[/url]
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question.
My Dissipator has a shorter/hvy.bbl., so, theoretically, it's more rigid, thereby enhancing accuracy through better barrel harmonics...I added the Hogue forend to 'free float' the bbl.  That's as accurate as I can make it.
Man, I don't know!
I like it, and that's what counts to me.

The one thing I'd like to know is why would anyone get the fluted version of an AR15 bbl. when the area under the gas block won't have the flutes.
This would create a temperature difference in that area, I would think.
The flutes are interupted, making them good only for saving a 1/2 lb. or so of weight and only slightly enhancing the cooling properties the fluted bbls. are noted for.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Seriously, do you not have anything better to worry about?
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I replied - did it help?

Tyler
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top