Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2002 10:44:54 AM EDT
Guys,
I had OCG 5.0 installed (yes I know, that's bad), and deleted it about 6 months ago...since then I have been banned from several servers who are still detecting OGC files.  
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT ELSE I NEED TO DELETE HERE!!!  I have searched for "OGC," and deleted everything I found.  What other files must be deleted???
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#2]

You are most likely being detected because there are files in your applog folder....You need to unhide all folders and then do a search for *OGC* and once you find it in applog...delete it
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#3]
If their ideas don't work, uninstall half life, delete the entire folder, and then delete all its registry settings.  Then re-install Day of Defeat.(100x better than cs)
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 3:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no clue WTF an "applog" is, nor how to alter it.  

Also, how the hell do I unhide folders in the applog???

How do I check my registry also???  
I need more help gents...
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure you check all your half-life mods.  I had a friend that was checking it out for TFC.  He deleted it but didnt check his CS folder and our pub server booted him for having the virus.  He did a complete reformat just to make sure he didnt have anything left.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 5:35:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks SuperChicken- I tryed what you said, and found 3 OGC files.  Hopefully, that is all...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top