Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2010 7:12:30 AM EDT
I have an hp laptop for approx 6 yrs now. It has been relatively problem free. This past weekend I was online and looking up some gift ideas and everything was normal, nothing unusual happened. Shut the computer down and left it for the rest of the weekend. It is my work computer also so when I got to work with it monday I went through the usual sites I visit, then I had to google search a problem I was having with a car. I typed the search terms into my google search bar on firefox and hit enter. The search happened, said done on the lower left corner of the screen but was left with a blank screen, then a couple maybe 30 seconds after the results popped up. It has never done this before. It is usually pretty instant.

I tried it multiple more times before thinking there was an issue. The internet here is horrible, usually less than .5 mb download speed and I thought that was the issue. Even though every other site including this was loading normally. I grabbed my droid and did a google search on it to see of it was a google issue and that also worked just fine. I am now assuming it is a virus on my computer.

I ran malaware, and super anti spyware both to no avail. No issues found. I also used cc cleaner. Same result. Tried IE google search and same results from that. I was using google search to look stuff up over the weekend so maybe it corrupted just a google search on my computer????? Not sure. All other functions of the laptop are functioning at normal speeds, nothing else is slow.

Any thoughts or direction on what to try to reslove this????
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 7:28:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Clear the browser's cache and cookies.

Go to www.eset.com
at the bottom of the page is a link for an online scanner.
let that run overnight.
I always use that as a second opinion to the antivirus software on the pc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top