Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2002 9:32:07 PM EDT
Run this scenario through your Mind.  

The House of Saudi Arabia falls through internal disent. And Ultra Nationalist or Militant Islamic and Military Backed Dictator takes over?  Where Does that leave the Balance of Power in the Middle East???  Where does that Leave Israel??  

Ben

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
In a good spot to open a can of whoop-ass.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard Isreal has the capability to operate a full scale war on all fronts for 6 monthes without any oustide help. Their military is nuts, and in case SHTF, i think their last hope emergency plan is to launch the nukes. Kinda scary if you ask me, but what do you expect after the U.S. hooked the damn country up with so much.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 4:57:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd say the balance of power would pretty much be about where it's at now. Saudi is no friend of Israel and is basically kicking us out right now as well.  If the Stuff were to really hit the fan over there i.e. lebanon, syria and egypt and Iraq getting into with Israel, I think the saudi's would probably at least lend support if not being involved directly, so I think we'd be in about the same power balance as we are now.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top