Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2002 7:06:14 PM EDT
... I know its been said here before but I need to remind you that haven't watched it yet you gotta see [b]American Shooter[/b] on OLN.

Damn! Tonight’s episode has my buddy Robbie Leatham demonstrating the finer points of IPSC styled shooting for Jim Scoutten.  Had a bit about DSA FAL, sweet!!! He even referred to them as “black rifles”’. Mike Dillon’s mini-gun at the end of the show.  Even their commercials rock!

http://www.americanshooter.com/index.html (see special features)
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I watched it last night.  I have been watching it for years.  I did not know that it was Saturdays.  Do you have Satellite or something.  On cable it is on Fridays.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like they haven't shown the Knob Creek segment yet.

A few weeks ago American Shooter had a camera crew at the Creek.  Unfortunately they showed up early on Friday when almost no one was shooting or set up yet.  They were desperately pacing up the line literally begging people to shoot for them, and only managed to catch the tail-ends of a few bursts.  I spotted this and told my buddy Steve to get ready.

We waited until they were only a few spots away and then I stepped up to the line with a full mag in the G3.  They scrambled up to my spot as fast as they could, but they really didn't have to because I was gonna wait for them to get set up anyway.  I turned and asked if they were ready, and the guy with the sound boom nodded his head.  For some unknown reason that finicky G3 decided to empty the entire mag without a hitch!  (It was the only time it did that all week. [;)])  I turned toward the camera and the crew was smiling - I guess they got the shot.  [:D]

The crew stayed put when they saw Steve walking up to the line with his 9mm MAC-10.  He waited for them to get ready as they zoomed in close to the MAC's ejection port.  Steve let loose with a 32-round burst.  The camera crew was rewarded with an uninterrupted stream of brass flying out of the little submachine gun.

As we cleared the guns and walked back to lay them on the shooting benches, the crew came up and made a groveling, praying pantomime motion and I could read their lips saying "thankyouthankyouthankyou," then they turned and ran down the line to try and catch another shooter who had already started to run through his magazine.

So if you see the Knob Creek report on American Shooter, that handsome devil hosing the 7.62mm H&K is me.  I love being a Celebrity.  Have your people call my people.  We'll do lunch.  [8D]
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, a Great program!

Don't have OLN on CableAmerica yet.
Link Posted: 4/28/2002 10:29:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Sure rub it in!!  They do not show in on Canadian OLN!!!  I heard they had offered it but that OLN Canada did not take them up on it.

Now of course the Supreme court of Canada says that we are not allowed to use American Satellite dishes!!!

Free country my ass!
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes!

... and tonight on OLN - [b]Elk Hunting Journal[/b]

... How friggin kewl was tonights' show?

Again, quite possibly, the best TV available to good Americans!

Yeah baby!

(... my second bull is due this fall)
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
... Can YOU chop logs as fast as these dudes on [b]OLN[/b]?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top