Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2002 2:46:31 PM EDT
...is just the beginning for those of us raised reading Marvel Comics. In the works are:

Daredevil
The Hulk
X2 (X-men sequel)
The Fantastic Four
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
Silver Surfer
Sub-Mariner
Doctor Strange

It should be a cool couple of years for Marvel fans....

Scott

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I intend to collect them all on DVD as soon as they come out myself .
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#2]
There have been a couple of good original movies on Fox, too. Generation X and Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. The Captain America movie really sucked stale swamp water, I thought. But most of the Marvel comics movies have been pretty good. X-Men was VERY different than the comics, but hard to do all those origins in a two hour movie....

Scott

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:54:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I was a big Spider-Man fan so I'm looking forward to this movie. I just gotta relax and let it be a movie, it's way too hard for me to do that w/ the 'current event' action movies.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
There are a few detail changes in the movie, such as the webspinners are physically part of Peter Parker's body. The director felt it made more sense for the genetic changes to include that spider "power" too. Willem Dafoe (a GREATLY underappreciated actor) plays the Goblin...

[url]http://www.spiderman.sonypictures.com/[/url]

Scott

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:05:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
...is just the beginning for those of us raised reading Marvel Comics. In the works are:

Daredevil
The Hulk
X2 (X-men sequel)
The Fantastic Four
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
Silver Surfer
Sub-Mariner
Doctor Strange

It should be a cool couple of years for Marvel fans....

Scott

View Quote

Dude, they're making a movie about the fist? Cool! I grew up reading Spiderman and PMIF. I'm really stoked about the Spiderman movie, espicially since Marvel has learned that their movies get much better when they actually spend money making them...
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dude, they're making a movie about the fist? Cool! I grew up reading Spiderman and PMIF. I'm really stoked about the Spiderman movie, espicially since Marvel has learned that their movies get much better when they actually spend money making them...
View Quote

Tep,

Ray Park (Darth Maul & Toad) is set to play Iron Fist, according to the TV Guide issue for 27 April through 3 May 2002....

Scott

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Tep,

Ray Park (Darth Maul & Toad) is set to play Iron Fist, according to the TV Guide issue for 27 April through 3 May 2002....

Scott

View Quote

VERY COOL... He'll make a good Fist. Any word about wether Powerman will be in the movie or not?
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh yes...Been watching the hype for months.

I will be there when it opens. I will be there for all the Marvel movies...but especially Spider-Man. There's already a sequel in works for 2004 too...I'm stoked up about it.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

VERY COOL... He'll make a good Fist. Any word about wether Powerman will be in the movie or not?
View Quote

Tep,

I don't know about that. There is just a sidebar in the TV Guide article about the Spiderman movie that lists the other Marvel Comic movies that are coming out. I'll check other sources and see if I can find anything out....

Scott

P.S. IMDb doesn't have too much listed right now:

[url]http://us.imdb.com/Title?0202406[/url]

(EDITED TO PUT IN THE IMDb LINK)

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[b]GIGANTOR!!!![/b]

What ever happened to Gigantor????

Does anyone here remember him??
View Quote

The name is familiar, but i never read the comics.....

Scott

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
But are we ever going to see a GOOD movie about The Punisher? Don't talk to me about the horrible Dolph Lundgren mess.
View Quote

Aimless,

The only comic book-based movie WORSE than "Captain America". So bad, I forgot all about it.....

Scott

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top