Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2002 12:23:51 PM EDT
Hi, a friend of mine gave me a propane refrigerator and TV set out of his old motor home. I was able to light the pilot on the refrigerator and it works fine.
However, there is a little trouble with the reception on the TV. I have hooked the propane and I can get a “good” blue flame on the pilot light but when I attempt to turn up the burner the TV has poor reception and there is a lot of snow. I am just using the little 2 foot long V shaped antenna that came with the TV. Do I need to get a larger antenna or maybe a satellite dish?

thanks,

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
???
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I think your flue needs cleaning.

Really needs cleaning.

Badly.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
propain ,,,,,,,,, TV???????
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure the franjus valve is turned all the way open then back off one-quarter turn..also put a volt meter on the primary output cable making sure you are generating the necessary 1.21 gigawatts needed to synchronize the flux capacitor to the proper date. Run er up to 88 Mph and have some fun.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hi, a friend of mine gave me a propane refrigerator and TV set out of his old motor home. I was able to light the pilot on the refrigerator and it works fine.
However, there is a little trouble with the reception on the TV. I have hooked the propane and I can get a “good” blue flame on the pilot light but when I attempt to turn up the burner the TV has poor reception and there is a lot of snow. I am just using the little 2 foot long V shaped antenna that came with the TV. Do I need to get a larger antenna or maybe a satellite dish?

thanks,

View Quote
STEP AWAY FROM THE CRACK PIPE STEPPPP AWWWAAAAYYYY FRRROOOOOMMMM THE PIPE YOU ARE SURROUNDED[:O][(:|)]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#6]
"When I grow up, I want to sell propane and propane accessories. IF my grades are good enough."

Scott

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#8]
308wood...

Dude... check your serial plate on the TV.. If it says PPG, Then your all right and may just need the TV serviced.. If it says Nat on it then the Guy sold you a Natural Gas TV. You can get a PPG conversion for it, Any PPG dealer should stock them.    Good Luck !

Link Posted: 4/27/2002 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
i love people who are as crazy as i am.
[url=http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=006xBs]more propane tv[/url]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:11:34 PM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://www.bluerhino.com/images/1-comp.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine works on charcoal.  Have to be real careful not to use to much lighter fluid as the extra flames tend to cause a lot of snow on the screen.  

The only real problem I have with it is that it  just takes too long to get it going.  If forget to fire it up on time, the game is half over by the time the coals get hot.  Maybe I should upgrade to the propane model like 308woody.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 6:23:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not much on TV anymore, but I think it is a good idea to keep one of those woodburning Zeniths around for emergencies. Mine came in handy in the ice storm of '97, except that I ended up having to toss a couple of kitchen chairs into it to see the end of "Lawrence of Arabia."
View Quote

I laughed for 15 minutes strait after reading that.  That one will live in infamy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top