Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2002 8:50:28 AM EDT
Went to the "Midland" gun show in Birch Run, Michigan. Midland kicked out the show because it had too many people coming to the City and spending money on motels, eating, and gas.
I have been attending the regular Birch Run shows, from the start there, and expected Midland to totally fill both side, since when it really was in Midland it filled their arena.
It did fill both sides completely, but there was a lot more crap than usual at the regular Birch Run shows. Tables and tables of knives, books, cowboy clothes, military boots. Lots of old men selling "springfield trapdoors" for 1k+. Lots of younger men selling "pre ban para trooper SKSs" with ram line stocks for 500 bucks. Lots and Lots of tables of 'ammo'--that being old boxes from the 60s and 70s of rifle ammo, all boxes beat to hell, that they must have bought from some gun store that went chapter 11. No good caseload sales. Lots of shot out turkish mauser and russian bolt actions, all in NRA throw in the trash condition, for $50.
Some good deals, not as many as usual. There was only one dealer selling bushies for $750, everyone else was in the 8-850 range.
The clip guy was there, but his wife had a less translucent blouse and lighter colored bra today, as well.
Advice? Stick to the regular show next month.
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I've always been told that the birch run show is the show of shows in Michigan.
maybe its not worth the 3 hour drive after all.

everybody keeps telling me they sell the older  rare stuff I have a weakness for over there
Link Posted: 4/27/2002 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Usually they are. This was the special Midland show. Go to the regular Birch Run show next month.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top