Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2010 8:32:19 AM EDT
I am going to get another pair of boots soon i got a pair of really nice Georgia boots last year and i am thinking of replacing the timberland hiking boots i have had for 9+ years now, they are still good to go but i would like another pair if they are still as good a quality as the ones i have now.
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 8:37:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a made in china pair of Timberland pitboss steel toe boots. They have been running strong for 4-5 years. I'll have them resoled soon. I wouldn't worry too much about where they're made after my experience with them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Son of a bitch just looked at my Georgia boots tag they are made in china..... anybody recommend a good boot brand made in the USA? that doesn't cost $2-300 starting out or am i SOL?
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Son of a bitch just looked at my Georgia boots tag they are made in china..... anybody recommend a good boot brand made in the USA? that doesn't cost $2-300 starting out or am i SOL?

Some of the Wolverines, not all.

Maybe Belleville?
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a made in china pair of Timberland pitboss steel toe boots. They have been running strong for 4-5 years. I'll have them resoled soon. I wouldn't worry too much about where they're made after my experience with them.

Yeah the ones i have now have been awesome they have vibram soles that don't show tons of wear but i have put some miles on those things.
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sorry you just missed the Danner sale.
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got some Danner boots on the 4th.
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im looking for some boots like these
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 10:53:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im looking for some boots like these

Red Wing might have something near that price range USA made, but I find it hard to tell what is imported and what is domestic on their site.
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most Danners are made in China now.

Link Posted: 12/7/2010 11:26:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Oakely boots are made in the U.S.A.

I don't know how much of this is crap, but heres a web site for you.

http://www.boots-usa.com
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most Danners are made in China now.

The "imported" boots outnumber their USA made, but they have about 50 styles of domestic boots.  Plenty more than most manufactures and they were offering 50% off Saturday.
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Just pulled one of mine off to check.  Made in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Oakely boots are made in the U.S.A.

I don't know how much of this is crap, but heres a web site for you.

http://www.boots-usa.com

thanks for the link that will keep me occupied for a few hours
Link Posted: 12/7/2010 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Bobs store by me has a large selection of boots,all made in China.Redwindgs might have a few stiil U.S. made but not sure.I used to have boots last for years,now months with all the China shit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top