Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2002 5:16:42 PM EDT
So the man in the brown truck dropped off his latest delivery from the Ammoman, and inside were some M1 Carbine mags, new in wrap.
[url]http://www.ammoman.com/MAGS_CARBINE.htm[/url]
They are covered with this sticky, crumbling red cellophane.  Anyone want to take a stab as to how to clean these mags up?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Mineral spirits did the trick.  Theyre some nice lookin mags once you get the wrapper off.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#4]
send 'em to me..  I'll clean them up for you at the low rate of 1 mag for me for every 5 you send. (min of 25 mags) [:D]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm trying to get up the spare cash (just bought a car) so I can order some. I soak 'em in straight purple power for a while, then the cosmoline just rinses right off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top