Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2002 6:30:33 AM EDT

HB 3
Alcoholic Beverage Consumption [b]or Possession of Open or Unsealed Container[/b]

Expanding a prohibition against consumption of an alcoholic beverage while driving a motor vehicle on a highway to include the driver's
consumption in a motor vehicle that is not being driven; prohibiting a [b]passenger[/b] from possessing an open container containing an alcoholic
beverage or consuming an alcoholic beverage under specified circumstances; providing that specified violations are civil offenses; providing for the issuance of a specified citation; providing for the jurisdiction of the District Court for specified violations; etc.
TR, Section 21-903, CP, Section 4-401(10)(x) and (xi), and CR, Section 10-101(a)-amended and CP, Section 4-401(10)(xii) and CR, Sections
        10-113 through 10-117-added
        EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 30, 2002
View Quote

So if I drive into Maryland with cooler in my trunk, containing say an unsealed bottle of vodka, does that constitute a violation?

I just love the Maryland Gov [whacko]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
wont they ever stop???? DAMN, glendenning! every other day he's signing a law more rediculous than the one before it!!! im so glad i moved out of MD. i have lost all faith in Md govt. because the state is so small all some asshole needs to do is win the poor/innercity/welfare/housing project/crackmomma vote and he wins the whole state. what do you expect out of a state that hasnt had a republican governor since Spiro Agnew!!! i still cant figure out why the citizens of MD would elect 2 non-MDers into the governors office!!! if sauerbrey had won the election things in Md would be a lot different!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top