Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2002 5:47:42 PM EDT
Redoing my mower deck, what's a really tough paint to use?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
POR-15 is da bomb. See [url]www.por15.com[/url]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 12:41:43 AM EDT
[#2]
How about sand-balsting, followed by powder-coating?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:27:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Candy Apple Imron!
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:08:42 AM EDT
[#4]
could you have it parkerized?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:20:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
could you have it parkerized?
View Quote

That would be awesome. Or maybe just OD green with military mud tires??
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:21:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Before I got an air compressor, I had pretty good luck with Rust-oleom Industrial spray paint. The stuff wears like steel.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 6:31:19 AM EDT
[#7]
tractor supply stores sell "bps" (best paint sold) brand implement paint. i use it. it is, indeed, the best paint i have used.

Link Posted: 4/26/2002 8:14:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How about sand-balsting, followed by powder-coating?
View Quote

Powder coating would probably work really well, if you have a shop that does it nearby.  

If you go with an industrial paint with a seperate hardener, check to see if it contains isocyanates.  It probably will, and you need either a full-face or hood-type supplied air respirator for protection.  Cartridge respirators won't cut it with this stuff.  

Good luck and be careful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top