Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2002 9:06:56 AM EDT
I was doing my usual browsing at a local shop today and noticed an evil rifle. I asked to see it and it had collapsible stock, bayo lug, flash sup. nice little bushy listed at 799.
Then I saw the stamping on the side LE or gov't only. It felt sooo nice.

This suks. When will this b.s. end? [:(!]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#1]
September 14 2004 is when it will end.  

We just have to keep it from being reincarnated as something WORSE...

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't wait for that day! [beer]
But... do I buy preban shit now and wait to assemble it or will it be cheaper to wait and buy everything after the sunset.
For all you naysayers who insist it the ban will not sunset or that it will be replaced by something worse, please refrain from posting and let me enjoy my fantasy!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
i would love to have a collapsing stock.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if it is realistic, but I hope to once again buy 25 and 30 round mags for my 10/22 under $10.  I bought a bunch when they got up to $15, and griped about the price then!  I saw them at a show last week go for $75 still in the box!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]
C'mon guys do you think that darn law will sunset and go away?  naaah, there's still a soviet republic of kaliforniastan (no offense intended, well maybe to the politicians)in this country.  It will most likely remain with the same strigent details or change to include other useless stuff, but what remains is our rights! I hope! So, I buy USGI barrels, mags, part kits, and just wait. Hoping, yet cautious.

I_run_with_scissors
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I imagine prices on Colt's may stay up...preban colt's that is, even if the law isn't replaced.  I don't see magazine prices dropping to preban levels, although I think they will be a lot cheaper.   I mean LEO mags are going for 15-20 new now...we'll just (maybe) be able to buy new ones instead of old ones....that will be nice (hopefully)  But, I'm going to try and buy a one more AR and AK before 2004 in case it goes the other way...just want a folding stock AK...and I'd rather pay 1200 now than 2400 after the ban again (probably).  I learned my lesson on hi cap mags...wish I would have bought 20 of em when they were cheap at only 50 a piece.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I can go to the range and shoot all day without having to stop to reload mags. Gonna get me a beta and load it up while sitting on the couch watching MASH.

Then going to shoot with a real flash hider wahoo. and maybe pick up a knife to stick on the end of the muzzle.  Because I can.  I would like to have a collapsable stock.  eaiser to carry through the brush. Then I can build me a little gun to carry around the farm.  Would cost 600 -700 bucks.  

Fantasy over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top