Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2002 5:57:04 AM EDT
I combined Mos_590's posts, from another thread, into one.

Kind of poetic, I think...
[size=2]
if uall served in vietnam or any other conflict,and own an AR u should know what this post is all about u want ar"s cause there posh , they bring u closer to what u missed , well it sounds like this guy didnt miss anything, thats why all u like 16's and thats what its all about ' the ones that knows what is right and the ones who thinks what is wright."God Bless America; and General Patton just like all the crap uall put on ure 15;s when we saw combat it was me and my buddy with gi issue 16;s. against russian made ordanance . 16;s takin out 50;s . shooter and spotter simple stuff. when i was in there there wasnt time for sniper insertion it was u kill them or they kill u . " yeah comin in on a hot LZ and ure not countin on no body but your buddies . Chopper pilot hollerin get ure ass off. takin fire from all directions and lookin up and your world is takin off and dumpin ure but into a whole lotta hurt like u know blood and guts stuff , were u there did u see him fall , did u see his guts splattered all over the place ,did u rush to push his guts back into his stomach and try to tell him hes going to be ok while he looks into your eyes,and u can see all his lifes work and beliefs ;and him putting all his trust and beliefs in you and what u are telling him in his last moments of life u take 911 that is what war is , this is what ure underpayed military faces every day.its nasty and nobody wants to think about it but ,thats the way it is,outa sight outa mind dont work any mor like i said cinncann what ever ure the blood and gore typa person i described the black rifle represents a lotta things and if u own one of them its like guilt by association. ure a baby killer ure a draft dodger and so on ,its the one thing that has stood out decades after it was conceived,and thats why so many people want it u know its like nachos and cheese ps im like all of u on here i have a black rifle. so if im crazy what does that make u . the black rifle is what brought me to this site with all u sane people. so if im a war monger and look up my killing rifle it brings me to all u fine people[/size=2]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:02:05 AM EDT
[#1]
You dirty bastid.  You went and did it.  Just had to post it in all it's glory.

Oh god, the pain....  the misery...

You have no heart.  [;)]

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:06:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Very stream of consciousness, maybe a little "Beat" rush to it, although I don't think Alan Ginsburg would approve.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:07:23 AM EDT
[#3]
The punctuation is sublime...
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:09:45 AM EDT
[#4]
The overall lack of proper capitalization suggests a strong sense of disconnect, of angst...

Very Seattle-coffee-shop, with a twist of psycho-lunatic-in-a-mental-ward to top it off.

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:12:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, very e e cummings, mixed with a little James Joyce.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, very e e cummings, mixed with a little James Joyce.
View Quote

You know, I thought of "Ulysses" right away, but most of the words are intelligible here.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#7]
No, no, no, NOT ee cummings, but Don Marquis' Archy and Mehitabel.  Archy the cockroach is unable to operate the shift key on a typewriter, hence no punctuation and no uppercase. A sample:

the cockroach who had been to hell

listen to me i have
been mobbed almost
theres an old simp cockroach
here who thinks he has
been to hell and all
the young cockroaches make a
hero out of him and admire
him he sits and runs his front
feet through his long white
beard and tells the story one
day he says he crawled into a yawning
cavern and suddenly came on a
vast abyss full of whirling
smoke there was a light
at the bottom billows
and billows of yellow smoke
swirled up at him and
through the horrid gloom he
saw things with wings flying
and dropping and dying they veered
and fluttered like damned
spirits through that sulphurous mist

listen i says to him
old man youve never been to hell
at all there isn t any hell
transmigration is the game i
used to be a human vers libre
poet and i died and went
into a cockroach s body if
there was a hell id know
it wouldn t i you re
irreligious says the old simp
combing his whiskers excitedly
ancient one i says to him
while all those other
cockroaches gathered into a
ring around us what you
beheld was not hell all that
was natural some one was fumigating
a room and you blundered
into it through a crack
in the wall atheist he cries
and all those young
cockroaches cried atheist
and made for me if it
had not been for freddy
the rat i would now be
on my way once more i mean
killed as a cockroach and transmigrating
into something else well
that old whitebearded devil is
laying for me with his
gang he is jealous
because i took his glory away
from him dont ever tell me
insects are any more liberal
than humans

archy

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Not that it matters much but, I am really pissed at this guys attitude!  I apologize up front for venting...

So, if you haven't slugged it out with the communist machine knee-deep in GI guts, then you are some sort of poser or RAMBO wannabe for owning an AR?  If you haven't had the privelage of wrapping a man's intestines in gauze and laying them on a litter next to him then you don't know what horrendous means (from the original thread)?  Give me a break.

MOS_590, you strike me as the type that takes every opportunity to TELL everyone why you're better than them and why you deserve absolute solemn respect (among other things) from them because of your past actions.  I suspect you are also the type to scream 'GIMME GIMME GIMME, I'm a vet!' every chance you get.

My father served three, that's 3, tours in Viet Nam with the US Army.  He suffers from some mild to moderate nerve & kidney damage traced back to Agent Orange exposure.  Despite his injuries, he has always worked full time.  He doesn't sit back and collect disability.  I think he knows there are others that really need it.

He hardly ever talks about his time there, let alone go around telling others they're shit compared to him.  

I served in the Army as well.  However, I did not have to go and fight a war.  Despite your opinion, I believe that is a blessing, not a depravation.

I don't own ARs because they're posh.  I don't own them because I like to stand in my basement in BDUs and face paint and pretend I'm on patrol.  I don't own them because Charlie is plottin' on me or because there's gooks in the wire.

I own ARs because:

A)  They're accurate, reliable, and last damn near forever.
B)  They're a very flexible platform.
C)  They're fun (admit it).
D)  They piss the liberals off.
E)  BECAUSE I CAN

So, why not climb down off that pedestal and try meeting other, quite capable and intelligent people on even ground?  You might be surprised.  I think you'll find that most of us are good people.  Maybe even good enough to have served with you...
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:38:54 AM EDT
[#9]
What the hell kind of critique of poetry is that?

Go to the original thread, for that stuff, if you want.  Personally, the spelling and grammar tell me not to bother.
There his words were foolish.
HERE they have beauty...
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:51:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What the hell kind of critique of poetry is that?

Go to the original thread, for that stuff, if you want.  Personally, the spelling and grammar tell me not to bother.
There his words were foolish.
HERE they have beauty...
View Quote

You're right, I'm sorry...  I'll be back in a minute, let me go create a Haiku apology.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:52:01 AM EDT
[#11]
its the one thing that has stood out decades after it was conceived,and thats why so many people want it u know its like nachos and cheese
View Quote

It's all about the nachos and cheese, baby! [@:D]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Very good.
Form, not content.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top