Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2002 5:10:28 AM EDT
[url]http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20020424-384897.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:30:11 AM EDT
[#1]
why were 15 of the 19 hijackers           who struck the United States on September 11 Saudi nationals?
View Quote

DAMN GOOD QUESTION!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:50:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
why were 15 of the 19 hijackers           who struck the United States on September 11 Saudi nationals?
View Quote

DAMN GOOD QUESTION!
View Quote

Saudi Arabia had a very fragmented "government" before oil was discovered.  The discovery of oil made the ruling class into more or less a benevolent dictatorship.  The holy cities od Mecca and Medina were preserved, worship and Islamic law are practiced but there still is a great disparity between the elite classes and the working classes.  The working classes are typically the most religious which furthers their contempt of the west since Islam makes great emphasis on care of the less fortunate.  Because Saudi Arabia and the other wealthy OPEC nations are very limited in their sharing of the wealth, this leads to confusion and anger.  

Now you see what is the cause.  They dislike their government but since its Islamic, they must dislike what made their government wealthy, namely western demand for oil.  

The exact same thing is the root cause in Palestine.  These people were nomads, unwanted people from many Arab Nations.  They had no nationality in their homelands and were told they were from Palestine.  This cleared the Arab states of their undesirables while creating a "nation" that most Arabs woould be sympathetic to.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#3]
[b]why were 15 of the 19 hijackers who struck the United States on September 11 Saudi nationals?[/b]

If on 9/11 while watching the TV on several different channels I saw it reported that the hijackers were flying on false passports..... then

[b]How and why to this day do the media and the government continue to think they know POSITIVELY who/what nationality they were[/b]?

Was there enough of them scraped off the debris to do actual DNA testing?

This issue confuses and confounds me, [b]Were they flying on false passports or were those reports all wrong[/b]?

Mike
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:12:33 AM EDT
[#4]
The above is not the most shocking part of story.

This is...

[b][size=2]Here's a related matter Mr. Bush might want to ask Mr. Abdullah about when they get together: The German newspaper Die Welt has reported that Saudi Arabia financed the escape of 4,000 agents of Osama bin Laden from Afghanistan to Lebanon, and has offered $5,000 for each al Qaeda member who resettles in the West Bank or Gaza. Is this the latest Saudi contribution to the famous "peace process"?[/b][/size=2]

If the true the Saudis are biggest liars on earth [u]and our enemy[/u]. [:(!]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:21:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh, dear, [b]mr_wilson[/b], what are we to think?

There was an interview of the father of one of the Saudi terrorists aboard a hijacked airliner on Sept. 11.

He was adamant that his son was not one of the terrorists aboard the plane.

'So,' the interviewer asked him, 'where is your son now?'

'I do not know,' was the father's reply!

Even the Saudi government has finally admitted that the 15 were their citizens, traveling with Saudi passports, on visas obtained from Saudi Arabia.

But you [u]don't[/u]? You are still 'confused' and 'confounded'?

Eric The(Wow!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:25:38 AM EDT
[#6]
So Eric your saying the reports that the hijackers were flying on FALSE passports were wrong. Is that correct?

Mike

PS - I'm asking because I seem to have missed the retractions of mistaken reporting on 9/11.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:40:09 AM EDT
[#7]
mr_wilson:

Why do you think all the terrorists' pictures showed up so fast on the fbi.gov website and then on the news? They had all provided a picture of themselves to the G for their passports, under a fake name or not. Once a picture of the BG is in hand, how hard is it then to cross-examine other gov't records to find out what their real names are?

Were you being intentionally obtuse, or is there some kind of agenda at work here?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:43:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I have no idea about whether the passports were fake, false, wrong, or the visas that indicated they were students were simply lies, but the fact that the Saudi government has admitted to the identities of these terrorists, after months of stonewalling, should be enough for any [u]reasonable[/u] person.

Do you qualify as a 'reasonable person'?

Then you should believe so, as well!

Unless you have some sort of agenda that would prevent you from admitting the obvious?

We even got to see the recent tapes of some of the Sept 11 terrorists from the Bin Laden video obtained by UAE sources.

Do you doubt those tapes, as well?

So who flew the planes?

[b]Israelis???????[/b][:D]

Eric The(Heh-Heh-Heh-Heh)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Post from mr_wilson -
PS - I'm asking because I seem to have missed the retractions of mistaken reporting on 9/11.
View Quote

Look harder, m'boy, look harder.

Should be easy for a reasonable person such as yourself to figure out how to find such info!

Consider it a test!

Eric The(AlwaysWillingToHelp)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#10]
What's being obtuse about stating what I saw on 9/11, that it was reported the hijackers were flying on FALSE passports.

If a false passport is false, how does one know whether the country, picture or name is not false too.

I have seen the interview/TV clips that Eric mentioned and read about the Saudi admission, I've seen the pictures of the hijackers and their names (off the FALSE? passports) which you mention but as yet I have not seen any retraction that they (the hijackers) were NOT flying on false passports.

Given the fact that they are gone, and that they were flying in the US on a domestic flight isn't it reasonable to assume that other than showing a drivers license to get on the plane their passports FALSE /or NOT were probably not involved in getting on the planes.

These issues have bothered me since that day, if I get on a plane in Houston going to LA or NYC, even though I got a passport I don't need to show it to get on the plane, do you? Why was it reported they were flying on FALSE passports to begin with?

Seems odd to me, and if that's obtuse then so be it. I'm still confused and puzzled about it.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:11:27 AM EDT
[#11]
What conclusion do you draw from this? That the G picked 19 vaguely middle-eastern pictures at random? That someone other than Islamic terrorists were behind this?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#12]
And my question is still [b]what is the necessity for a passport (false or real) on a flight which does not leave the country[/b]?

Maybe they just want you to believe they knew who they were and really don't, as stated above what's left 'em for DNA testing? I'd say a positive ID on 'em is a little past our capabilities at this point and so given my question above is there not room to wonder who they actually were?

Mike
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:31:44 AM EDT
[#13]
We now have their identities, pictures places of birth, life stories, interviews with neighbors....

Yes, it's true that they used false passports.
Then we figured it all out.
No mystery.
No conspiracy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And my question is still [b]what is the necessity for a passport (false or real) on a flight which does not leave the country[/b]?

View Quote

There is no necessity, but I use my passport all the time for ID on domestic flights.

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#15]
People who are not from this country find that their passports are the most accepted form of ID.

Just like when we travel to a foreign country.
You don't show people your State Driver's license.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We now have their identities, pictures places of birth, life stories, interviews with neighbors....

Yes, it's true that they used false passports.
Then we figured it all out.
No mystery.
No conspiracy.
View Quote

So these articles are all bogus?
[url]http://www.portal.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/09/23/widen23.xml[/url]
Part of article:
THEIR names were flashed around the world as suicide hijackers who carried out the attacks on America. But yesterday four innocent men told how their identities had been stolen by Osama bin Laden's teams to cover their tracks.
The men - all from Saudi Arabia - spoke of their shock at being mistakenly named by the FBI as suicide terrorists. None of the four was in the United States on September 11 and all are alive in their home country.

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/13/america.attack/[/url]
Part of article:
CORRECTION We would like to correct a report that appeared on CNN. Based on information from multiple law enforcement sources, CNN reported that Adnan Bukhari and Ameer Bukhari of Vero Beach Florida, were suspected to be two of the pilots who crashed planes into the World Trade Center. CNN later learned that Adnan Bukhari is still in Florida, where he was questioned by the FBI. We are sorry for the misinformation. A federal law enforcement source now tells CNN that Bukhari passed an FBI polygraph and is not considered a suspect. Through his attorney, Bukhari says that he is helping authorities. Ameer Bukhari died in a small plane crash last year.

[url]http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?dir=75&story=94438&hos%20t=3&printable=1[/url]
Part of article:
A man named by the US Department of Justice as a suicide hijacker of American Airlines flight 11 ­ the first airliner to smash into the World Trade Centre ­ is very much alive and living in Jeddah.
Abdulrahman al-Omari, a pilot with Saudi Airlines, was astonished to find himself accused of hijacking ­ as well as being dead ­ and has visited the US consulate in Jeddah to demand an explanation.

Here's my search page just run on Google for 911 hijacker identities:
[url]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=911+hijackers+identities&btnG=Google+Search[/url]

Maybe now some can see, given my early puzzlement over the passport issue and these types of articles why I'm not so sure anyone knows who the real hijackers were.

Mike

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 9:21:07 AM EDT
[#17]
You acknowledge that they had false passports, but are then surprised to find that the names belonged to someone who is alive?
Stop thinking so hard.

We know who they are/were.
We know of their past (training with Al Qaeda).

There's no mystery.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top