Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2002 4:18:43 AM EDT
News of the Weird is a long-running column by Chuck Shepard containing strange-but-true news stories.  So, the following is not a joke:

[url]http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive/nw020414.html[/url]

A 27-year-old woman told reporters in January that when she called Camarillo, Calif., police on Saturday, Dec. 22, to report a sexual assault, she was told that the staff is limited on weekends and that she should call back Monday morning (and when she did that, detectives counseled her to report for a medical exam).  [Scripps Howard News Service, 1-3-02]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:28:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard a 911 call.....a bird landed in the public pool and was swimming w/the children....O"MY GOD! What if he poops!...3 cars responded to find the bird had flown away. [:|]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:47:48 AM EDT
[#3]
In Winnipeg Manitoba last year a lady and her sister called 911 FIVE TIMES to try and get help as the ex boyfriend was trying to break in to their appartment....FIVE TIMES!!

Everything worked out in the end....BOTH women died!!!

But there was an inquest and the 911 people said they would NEVER ignore people again!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
But there was an inquest and the 911 people said they would NEVER ignore people again!
View Quote

Well, Hell, I'm sure the women felt better about it THEN.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well at least they learned their lesson. These womens deaths were not in vain!

[rolleyes][whacko]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top