Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2002 5:26:38 PM EDT
Opps!

No worries fellas, it just a minor 'accounting adjustment'.

Ever heard that before?

[whacko][whacko][whacko]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone remember that [i]alt.aol-sucks[/i] newsgroup?  Pretty funny.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#2]
One thing *is* for sure, AOL/TW sucks, and not a little bit, but black hole size sucks.

We are paying $50.00 a month for cable modem service and we frequently have our service turned off so that new members can have a speed increase.  Keeps them on the hook for ht efree first month, then they get shunted over to the shitty side with the rest of us.

It is funny to read the messages in the RR support newsgroup, newbies will come in all brighjt eyed and chipper, telling everyone that will listen how grea tthe service is, whiel the old-timers will tell them what will happen, for 29 days (most months), the newbies will call us whiners and complainers, come the 31st day, bang, "hey, anyone else notcing a slow down" or "Hey, anyone else get knocked off for 20 hours yesterday?"

If it wasn't so damn sad it would actually be quite funny.

Monopolies, if you own them, you have to love them, I know I would.

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, they will loosing more.  Bye bye AOL hello Cable modem.  (yes I still have AOL, yes it sucks and I HATE it.  But it will be going and I am happy!!!)
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
shit
i have 54 billion worth of aol cd's in my office.
View Quote

DAMMIT you just made me shoot beer out my nose...
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Just gave AOL the boot last week.

coyote3
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:07:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Soon it will be time to tune to CB channel 27 upper sideband.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Soon it will be time to tune to CB channel 27 upper sideband.
View Quote

Is this a reference to something I should recognize from pop culture, or an inside joke?

Any help?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top