Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2002 4:13:34 PM EDT
Why?

Do they teach it in school?

Is it part of the constitution?

On April 17th 4 Canadians were killed and 8 wounded ( 6 seriously) because some dipship National Guardsman pilot did not listen to the TWO orders NOT to bomb a Canadian Position....

Ok I can accept that...IN war shit happens.

HOWEVER.....

Last week at the basketball game in Detroit between the Detroit Pistons and the Toronto Raptors.....

THE DETROIT CROWD BOO'd The Canadian National Anthem.....

Then this past weekend at the Long Island Hockey game............IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!

Now we have a thread about Canadian Snipers from the Princess Patricia Canadian Light Infantry being up for American Decorations for valor......The same unit that those killed by friendly fire were in.  And what do we see???

1... Imature assholes who still like to poke fun at the PPCLI, when they KNOW they cannot hold a candle to them.

2.  Secondly we have people second guessing the validity of the actions that precipitated the award of the medals....Not that any of us were there. Not that the Americans that WERE saved have anything to say about it!!

Sorry to rant but this sort of shit makes it REAL HARD to keep defending the USA from those Canadians that like to bash it!!

DAMN DAMN DAMN....this sort of USA or nothing BLOWS CHUNKS!!!

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
They were all liberals and welfare cases.

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Too many infidels.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I suggest you focus your hate there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
There are booger eating morons everywhere. Don't let the bastards get you down. Accept that they were not taught personal hygiene or proper table manners, and go about your business. Either that or just be pissed off all the time.

Friendly fire sucks, and allow me to apologize for the United States here and now.

I'm not from Detroit, so I don't know what that's about. When I went to Philadelphia Flyers games regularly, the crowd was always properly respectful, and that's in [b]Philadelphia[/b], not a town known for polite sports fans.

People think it's funny to have a military unit named after a woman, especially a princess, but I'm sure that's all just superficial. If they looked into the unit history, they'd be suitably impressed. It's like laughing at a guys name before you get to know him.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
AlC...its not hate...its Frustration!!

I know that all Americans are not like that....I guess its the medias fault.

Mind you today on the radio they were interviewing some Americans and they were saying that its ok to boo  OH Canada.....because ITS NOT A REAL ANTHEM!!

The ONLY ANTHEM is the AMERICAN one!!

It just makes it REAL hard!!

Thanks for letting me rant...

Oh and Jarhead thanks for proving me WRONG!!

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Stupidity knows no boundries, and this proves it. It is relative-look at the type of people who attend NBA, NLB, NFL, and NHL games-and get emotionally hell-bent at the refs, players, visiting team-those are the people who booed. Ah, tales from the shallow end of the gene pool.

I tip my hat to Canada and, yes, even the so-called frenc-Canadians.

I appologize for the fratracide-It is a damn shame. I hope that America ponies up to take care of those soldier's families-it is the right and honorable thing to do. I hope that all those who stand deserving of commendations of battlefield valor recieve the medals that they so deserve. I am grateful for the service of all who stand with America to destroy our enemies.

Those that acted that way are not Americans, they are what we are fighting against.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
A clue as to some people's actions I do not have.  I wish I did.

I would have probably been 'less' surprised if they booed our anthem.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:51:23 PM EDT
[#8]
First of all the People BOOING are not Americans. Second of all I ain't one of them of that SOME.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:52:58 PM EDT
[#9]
To be fair some "Canadians" at the Vancouver game on the weekend tried for revenge on the weekend after hearing about the Detroit game....

This is not cool either!

Any nations anthem should be honored for what it is.....

As for the Fratricide....I do not blame America in the least... One pilot screwed up big time.. I am certain he will pay with his career.

As to taking care of the deads family?  Well that would be nice.  As it is due to my countries shameful treatment of our military their families are screwed!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#11]
The Americans you mentioned are stupid. Only a bunch of morons would boo the National Anthem of a great ally. [V]

Did they look like this? [:E][:E][:E]

(sorry, thought I'd throw some humor in there at the end to cheer you up)
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Stupidity knows no boundries...
View Quote

That says it all.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#13]
This country has at least its fair share of morons.  

They are breeding too....

If it wasn't against the law, I'd welcome the chance to....

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't judge a country because of a NHL crowd.  I'm sure that for every idiot there were ten people who were embarrassed.

If there was ever a disaster in a Canadian city you can bet your last Canadian dollar that the  line up of US vehicles bringing relief would reach to the Florida State Line.

You could also bet your last dollar that if Canada was ever attacked by anyone this country would fight to the last man defending your country.

As long as we fight together we are going to kill each other with friendly fire.  It is the nature of the beast and it is a bitch.  No real American would ever dismiss the deaths of brave allies as anything other than a tragedy.

If the biggest problem you have is that we make fun of an Army unit called "Princess Patricia" then feel authorized to whip our ass and afterwards lets a beer together.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I was at Pac Bell Park in San Francisco last year at a Giants vs Montreal game when a few idiots booed the Canadian National Anthem.  They were told in no uncertain terms to shut up and show some class.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:05:52 PM EDT
[#16]

People just love to bitch, and especially when it's free of consequences.  I doubt most would say those things to your face.  Dumbasses abound...

There's a lot of anti-American sentiment among some Canadians as well... I wonder if you have any thoughts about why that is?

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#17]
i dont understand the criticism of PPCLI. i spent just a day training in the company of some canadian forces. at first we clowned them for their conduct afloat but when we hit dry ground they were all about it. we were impressed by their professionalism and their fieldcraft.

american culture has a way of bending itself to appeal to the lowest common denominator. its a bit shameful but its true. ever see americans abroad. they stick out like a turd in a punchbowl. neuveau riche baby boomers who always wanted to see "yoorope" and get pissed that people speak different languages and use different money. canada is one of our most important allies and they deserve to be respected as such. HOWEVER, if my f**k-stick french-canadian neighbor lets his dog piss on my doormat ONE MORE TIME, i swear im gonna stomp a mudhole in his ass!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#18]
P.S.  and dont speak french to me asshole, i want a new doormat!!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#19]
So you base your pissy attitude on a game?  Ever hear of the Canuck American rivalry in hockey?  Eh, dipshit?

Don't waste your time or ours talking about sporting events, there are animousities that shouldn't be evaluated in an "Americans are assholes" kind of light.  Limit your argument to sporting event patrons who couldn't hold the lighter to the Canadian candle.

As far as the PPCLI goes...who gives a shit if their name is a bitch name, it doesn't matter, let the idiots talk their crap.  However, in the end, the PPCLI received many praises, with mere pokes of fun at the name, not the job.

Plus, we beat your asses in the Southpark war, you flippin flapheads. [whacko]
 [marines]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I am one of those who made a crack about the PPCLI, and I am not proud of that if you found it offensive. I did not mean to demean either the actions or the capabilities of this unit, but did see what struck me as a humorous name for a unit of fighting men. I have since learned the origin of that name and while I still see the "at a glance" humor in it, I understand your point completely.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Ignorance and stupidity recognize no boundries. But in a lifetime split 50/50 on both sides of the Atlantic, I've never come across the "Ugly American" – ever!

May be I should get out more?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I too will apologize for that BS in Detroit.  While I believe I live in the greatest country on earth, I get absolutely pissed off with the pathetic sheep in our society on a daily basis.  "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."------Unknown.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:40:25 PM EDT
[#23]
To be fair there are idiots on both sides of the border. I know you know this too so don't let a few hockey pucks turn you bitter.

I am impressed with your soldiers skills and hope their outstanding professionalism and abilities causes our antimilitary Democrats to recognize the part they're policies played in this tragic blunder.  I salute you Canada and morn along with you the tragic loss of your courageous soldiers lives. Many soldiers here, you know we care.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top