http://www.760kfmb.com/topstory.php?storyID=8075

Not good...
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:54:01 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.760kfmb.com/topstory.php?storyID=8075[/url]

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#2]
STOLEN MILITARY EQUIPMENT FOUND IN OCEANSIDE

( 04-23-2002 ) - Stolen military weapons, ammunition, parachutes, bullet-proof vests and a motorcycle have all been found in Oceanside. Authorities believe it was all stolen from Camp Pendleton.

Officers from federal, state and local agencies began their searches at Special Operations Equipment in Oceanside. There, they found a large stash of firearms and ammunition. But despite the name, the business isn't licensed to sell weapons.

There were four search warrants executed. Three of those were federal, so they have been closed to the public. The fourth warrant was State issued and did list illegal weapons and stolen military property in the search.

So much of the equipment has been complied Tuesday, that authorities have filled up several truck loads.

"We're confidant that some of the property that we've discovered so far are stolen from the military... probably Camp Pendleton would be the logical place to begin looking," stated authorities.

Investigators at the Marine base say they are missing guns and ammunition.

One man, a convicted felon, is under arrest and police are holding two more, as well as animals that may have been guarding the weapons.

"There's a variety of reptiles here... unknown why snakes and large lizards and things of that nature... it was kind of a surprise to me when I saw them, so I'm not sure exactly how they fit into the scheme of things," said authorities.

An investigation is still underway to confirm whether or not the weapons are in fact stolen from Camp Pendleton.

They are also investigating to make sure that the guns are not fully automatic, which would also make them illegal.

Authorities have not said what made them suspect this location.

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:04:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Investigators at the Marine base say they are missing guns and ammunition.
View Quote

I taught that when [b]A[/b] weapon comes up missing they lock down the place < from threads here> ....
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#4]
SOE makes some great gear, and they seemed like good guys at the Shotshow. I hope this ends up being a misunderstanding.

That said, if this is true they are a discredit to the Marine Corps and themselves, and I hope they rot in the brig.

[img]http://www.kfmb.com/uploads/20020423-50.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:34:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Sure doesn't seem like a misunderstanding.  Watch the video - Pendleton Marine officials confirmed the motorcycle, some of the guns & some ammo HAD been stolen from the base.  Stealing from Marines?  F$%k 'em.  They get what they deserve.  Also, WTF do they have a all this stolen equipment IN their store to begin with?  

Screw 'em, its morons like these that create the news reports that give us all a bad name.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:06:57 PM EDT
[#6]
F'in ragheads.  (Even if they weren't I still say F'in rags!)  
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:12:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Minman, WTF do "ragheads" have to do w/ this post or w/ SOE?!?  
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Ar15Fan, your sig line is off by a year. It is 1994, not 1993.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
STOLEN MILITARY EQUIPMENT FOUND IN OCEANSIDE

Authorities have not said what made them suspect this location.

View Quote

Probably a CI, aka "snitch".
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey, guys!  Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?  Or is there only gov.org's version of truth?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:40:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey, guys!  Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?  Or is there only gov.org's version of truth?
View Quote

Hey what Ref. # Sub do you have?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know who this Brett Hansen/Hanson is? That's not one of the names I had heard associated with SOE, but I'm not that familiar with all the folks there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#14]
DAmn, i was gonna buy some knife holsters from them that  i thought looked nice. Hope they don't go out of business. Freaking newsreporters, kinda nice how he emphasizes the Ivan Johnson .50 bmg rifle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope this gets sorted out.

My guess is that it's another witch hunt like they did to Larry Wolff last month.

I have some gear ordered from them through Lightfighter, I hope I still get it!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I drove by their store today. Is not boarded up or anything, so there was no dynamic entry search.

Didnt even see any crime scene tape of evidence seals on the front door.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#17]
you know with some of the gear, etc that i have it would be easy for some uninformed cop to "assume" my bando's, 590A1, mags, etc was stolen from my unit....ive always wondered if that ever happened.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:16:09 AM EDT
[#18]
There's some credible replies from lightfighter and strider about this.  See here:

[url]http://assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum26/HTML/001793.html[/url]

Yeah, I know it's AssWeb, but...
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:50:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Seems like a lot of guns were taken out of the home of Brett Hansen (whoever that is).  Given the fact that as a felon, he is a prohibitted person, the case against him is a slam dunk.

Most of the firearms appeared to be basic semi-auto stuff or otherwise legal firearms, however, if the guy wasn't allowed to own the stuff (yeah I know those laws are unconstitutional, but they are enforceable) they aren't legally owned.  

SOE is in trouble unless they can prove that they were not aware that the stolen items found on premises, werestolen and had purchased them in good faith from someone who decieved them.  

We only have a fragment of the story, but I'd say it doesn't look good.   It doesn't sound as dire as the report made it seem.  I highly doubt that any of these guys were looking to commit violent crimes, just padding their collections with cool goodies.  Still, if they stole those items from ANYONE, they commited crimes and need to be punished.

The courts will sort it out.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 9:14:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
no it isnt cc, the legislation was passed in 93 but did not go into effec till 94
View Quote

No, the legislation was passed in the summer of 1994.  Clinton waited a few weeks to sign it despite it being critically urgently immediately necessary, but it sure wasn't a nine-month wait.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 10:30:09 AM EDT
[#21]
[url]http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20020424-9999_6m24guns.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top