Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2002 10:23:45 AM EDT
Hey folks, I need a new Corprate credit card, so I'm on the hunt.  Our company uses Amex, but that sucks and I wound up with a lot of fraudulent charges that they couldn't stop unless I cancelled the card.  Easy enough.  Part of my job is specifying and purchasing a lot of electronics equipment.  Lots of credit card charges.  A few of the folks here use a GM card or equavalent.  Which one is best, and gives you the most for your purchases?  Which bank provides the best and safest services with the card?

I'm aware that some cards now put miles in your Frequent Flyer program.  Is the milage rate decent, or just a pittance?  Who should I go with if I go that route?

Thaks guys!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:03:13 AM EDT
[#1]
got a gm card- be carful- they say you can get up to 5000 bucks rebate on a vehicle-WRONG  you can get 5000 built up on your card, but you only can use 1500 bucks against a NEW gm vehicle (max).
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I had an American Airlines card. Every $20,000 on the card gave you a free domestic flight. I dropped the card because it was a Citibank card, and they were giving gun dealers a ration of shit. My card is now the NRA card, with the LEAA card as my backup.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a cash back card.

I chose Shell, pay it off, and get about $50 cash a month.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep 'em coming, guys!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.umbrellabank.com/
This is the one I have. No annual fee but you still get points.
http://www.creditcardoffers.info/index.htm
This will let you look around for other offers.
I have a better link then that, but it will have to wait till I get home.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#6]
If you're looking for a card thats fixed 8.9% for purchases and cash. Doesn't give your name to telemarketers. I'd go with The Capital One no hassle card. I've had good luck with them. Since I dropped my other cards I can't remember the last telemarketer call.
I use 2 of these same cards for my business.
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I HAD one. No complaints. Their billing was accurate, but they only give you less than 30 of days grace. You could get a full 30 days if you look around. Also check out the late charges. I hadn't used mine for a while, and they cancelled the account. No big loss.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Our company uses Amex, but that sucks
View Quote

AMEX sucks big time! I'm paying them off, then telling them to F*#K off. They do not value there customers and there customer service is a joke.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.creditcardfreedom.com/
Here is the better link to look around on.
Guess it depends on what you need.
I still recommend umbrella.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#11]
GM cancelled my card because I didn`t use it. No great loss. I`ve always had good luck with Amex. Soory to hear others haven`t.

I really think we need to start either an AR-15.com, or a Black Rifle credit card. I think it would be a great way to support the site.
[sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top