Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2002 10:19:54 AM EDT
just bought it on ebay for 7.50 !!!!!!

cant believe Ive never seen it..

I just hit "send money" on paypal about 2 minutes ago.. well gotta go check the mail box to see if its in...[bounce]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#1]
What is it anyway?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 10:55:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What is it anyway?
View Quote

[img]images.amazon.com/images/P/1567301738.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#3]
What is it anyway?
View Quote

What's it like, living in a cave on Mars.....?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What is it anyway?
View Quote

It's pretty frickin scary is what it is...
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#5]
If your luckey you can catch it on TLC once or twice a year. I have mind on tape. [}:d]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#6]
It was exactly as the producers said it was.

A turkey shoot.

With live human targets.

Just a dry run for some future episode.

There was a big brouhaha (sorry, Brouhaha[:D]), when they were sending around that survey trying to figure out how many Marines would fire on their own countrymen when ordered to do so. The survey was part of an academic project on the part of Lieutenant Commander Ernest Guy Cunningham who was earning his Masters Degree from the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California.

Well, we don't need a survey to find out how many FBI Hostage Rescue Team members will fire on civilians when the balloon goes up.

The answer is - [b]all of them![/b]

Eric The(Skeered,Sorta)Hun[>]:)]

[Thanks, raf, I needed that!]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea, Janet Reno said she was concerned for the welfare of the children...guess that must have been [i]before[/i] they all got turned into crispy critters [V]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:27:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I wish it was required watching for highschool and college students. Wait, make that...EVERY American.
I happened to watch that one and the Panama Invasion one over the same weekend (wife and kid gone). What a pair!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:34:32 PM EDT
[#9]
she was concerned for the welfare of the children
View Quote

she was concerned that the little guys might live and be witness against her.....
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#10]
[b][rant] I CANT BELIEVE THIS CRAP !!!!! I paid for this video sec's after the auction ende!!!, and I had to email the asshole on the 29th to remind him that the video was paid and when the hell was he going shipp... response:

oh ok sorry I'll ship today (the 29th)
Its now the 4 of may and still no video!!!!!!![/rant][/b]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#11]
You should travel to his home and shoot him.

Link Posted: 5/4/2002 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You should travel to his home and shoot him.

View Quote

holly crap !!!....
the voices in my head have an account on AR15.com !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would but I rather wait for the video, cause from what I hear I can learn great assination technices that work great on civilians....[:)]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is it anyway?
View Quote

It's pretty frickin scary is what it is...
View Quote

I just watched it for the first [gasp!] time yesterday.  "Pretty frickin scary" is a damned good way to describe it...
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:57:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Is there any doubt in your mind, [b]a3kid[/b], that the Producer of this film got it down right?

When I was driving back from San Antonio, Texas, yesterday, I passed a car with a bumper sticker that said:

[b]Koresh Was Evil, But The Children Had No Guns![/b]

Eric The(StillPizzedAfterAllTheseYears)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:01:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is there any doubt in your mind, [b]a3kid[/b], that the Producer of this film got it down right?

When I was driving back from San Antonio, Texas, yesterday, I passed a car with a bumper sticker that said:

[b]Koresh Was Evil, But The Children Had No Guns![/b]

Eric The(StillPizzedAfterAllTheseYears)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

No, Eric - there's no doubt in my mind that the producer got it right.  Matter of fact, it's what I [i]assumed[/i] had happened.

The clips from the hearings, the negotiation tapes, the testimony of the guy (I forget his name) who invented/patented the FLIR system, un-frickin-believeable.  Astonishing.....

[shakes head, speachlessly]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:03:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yea, Janet Reno said she was concerned for the welfare of the children...guess that must have been [i]before[/i] they all got turned into crispy critters [V]
View Quote

Yes, and after an investigation by the state that found that the charges were unfounded.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The important thing NOW--NEVER AGAIN!!!  We cannot allow this to be done to American citizens again.  Storm clouds are gathering . . .
View Quote

With no more intel than we were getting at the time this went on, how are we going to stop it?  The Davidians were painted in such a horrible light for the entire time of the seige that not many people I knew cared too much about it until we saw the place go up in flames and the real truths about the situation became known.

I'm with you 110% beekeeper, but [b]how[/b] are we going to know when is the right time to act?  We can't always assume that the BATF is automatically wrong, can we?  (Granted, horribly wrong some of the time, but always?)

BATF=

[b]B[/b]urn
[b]A[/b]all
[b]T[/b]hem
[b]F[/b]*ckers
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:13:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey, checkout
[url]http://www.nojanetreno.com/[/url]
It seems that Janet Reno has a problem with seeing abuse where it does not exist.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:34:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The important thing NOW--NEVER AGAIN!!!  We cannot allow this to be done to American citizens again.  Storm clouds are gathering . . .
View Quote

It seems that I remember Atty Gen Reno using as one reason for hastening the end of the siege at the Mount Carmel Church was that they had 'reports of militia types on their way to Waco' to interfere with law enforcement there.

She was lying, no doubt, but next time that something like this happens, and children are threatened by law enforcement 'overreaction', I think that several thousand 'militia types' should be there to prevent a repeat of what happened on either February 28, 1993, or on April 19, 1993.

During the siege, I always thought that a nice way to end it would have been several hundred Seventh Day Adventists walking across the pasture to 'occupy' their church, and, 'oh yes, you FBI guys can come in with us if you leave your weapons behind!'

But instead, it ended in the absolutely worse way possible!

Eric The([b]NeverAgain![/b]Indeed)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:06:17 AM EDT
[#23]
I've never seen the video, but I'd certainly like to. I'm afraid that I always felt it would be a production by a bunch of true nuts with an axe to grind.

Which isn't to say that I in any way condone what the JBT's did that day.

BTW, what was the Academy Award nomination for (as if it had a snowball's chance in hell of winning in Hollywood while Der Schlickmeister and his Wildebeast AG were in charge).

Someone above remembers saying"roll in the tanks" at the time. I remember saying the same thing, only my weapons platform of choice was the B-52.

Boy, was I wrong!

Edited to add...

And to think that spasmotic whore is running for Governer of my fair state! AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've never seen the video, but I'd certainly like to. I'm afraid that I always felt it would be a production by a bunch of true nuts with an axe to grind.

View Quote

I thought the same thing - but let me tell you - some of the most incriminating evidence is the testimony of the ATF/FBI agents at the hearings.  There is very little dialogue from 3rd party film producers.  Most of it (the vast majority) is film cuts from the scene, the hearings, and audio tape cuts from the negotiations that went on.  It's not tin-foil hat stories - it's real documentation that will scare the living shit out of you....
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:44:31 AM EDT
[#26]
I bought it off ebay a few years back and got my high school Gov't teacher to play it in class.  Scared the hell out of alot of the kids.

Keving67
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top