Enquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Herpes via latex glove.... ewwww
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:32:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I seriously doubt it. Glove are for their protection not yours.
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The TSA is getting hammered in the public arena and I do confess that I'm enjoying the thumbing toward federal authority.

It's a treat.  I love being American.

I'm sure the authority loves thumbing you too.

Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#5]
They only have to change them when asked.  So if nobody asks them to change gloves they can wear the same pair all day if they want to.

ETA- I forgot, they have to change them if they get a positive alarm for the explosive detection machine.

Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#6]
They actually have to use Nitrile gloves from what I've been told.
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#7]
This is gonna be one interesting travel weekend coming up.

Thanksgiving is (I think) the biggest travel day of the year.

Let the sh!tstorm commence and drive this farce out of business once and for all.
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#9]
"My junk got a rash due to my latex allergy and the TSA screening process" would make for a hilarious Fox News segment. I bet they're using nitrile too.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Oh Sonuvabitch I had forgotten about that song!!  Fucking wanker you are!
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Forget the gloves.  I like walking in my socks where about 10,000 other people have walked barefoot and in their socks immediately before me the past hour.
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Forget the gloves.  I like walking in my socks where about 10,000 other people have walked barefoot and in their socks immediately before me the past hour.

I don't, that's disgusting.

Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#14]
The best you could hope for is they turn them inside out for you.

Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Do they use rubbers or go bareback?  Pull out method isn't safe.  If I tip them a $20 can I get a happy ending.  I'll sleep better on the flight.
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#16]
They probably have to change them at least every 4 hours or so. That is what most health departments require. After being soiled or after 4 hours of continuous wear.
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I say get hard right before getting felt up.  They hesitate after hitting wood.  WTF would they ask you next?  Last time I checked it's not illegal to have a hard on.
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#18]
What would they do if you moved toward their hand when they started to touch your junk?

It would be interesting to find out what they would do.

Do they want to touch your junk or not?
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I say get hard right before getting felt up.  They hesitate after hitting wood.  WTF would they ask you next?  Last time I checked it's not illegal to have a hard on.

indecent exposure?

Link Posted: 11/17/2010 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't ask don't tell
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 6:32:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They probably have to change them at least every 4 hours or so. That is what most health departments require. After being soiled or after 4 hours of continuous wear.

You have to change them between patients.  4 hours?  That's ridiculous!
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#22]
I've seen an increasing number of Dirty Sanchez after pat-downs. I think that's how they've been wiping off the gloves.
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

What would they do if you moved toward their hand when they started to touch your junk?

I'm not going to fly or take my family flying on a commercial flight.  But if I did I'm one of those who'd push the boundaries during the feel-up, so to speak.

Link Posted: 11/17/2010 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Oh Sonuvabitch I had forgotten about that song!!  Fucking wanker you are!

Im really amazed with all the TSA junk grabbing threads i was the first one to dig it up

Link Posted: 11/17/2010 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The TSA is getting hammered in the public arena and I do confess that I'm enjoying the thumbing toward federal authority.

It's a treat.  I love being American.

I'm sure the authority loves thumbing fisting you.  

Fixered.

Link Posted: 11/17/2010 10:39:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's a solid idea right there. Please let us know how that goes and post pics. You would win arfcom for evar!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#27]
In my 3 years working for the TSA at LAX, we changed them constantly, they are infact nitrile gloves and are not plesant to wear all that long,
They are not changing them with every single person, especially if its busy and you go from patdown to patdown for up to a half hour at a time, but if you get a 2 min break between patdowns the first thing anyone does is get those damn things off and no one ever reused them that i saw, One thing that would make them change often is screening someone nasty, i have patted down people that afterwards i realy wanted to shower, and thats pretty damn bad, most people would change just because they wanted the filth off of them, its easy to end up scratching your face a few min later and a very nasty mistake to realise halfway through the scratch.
i had more than a few co workers that were very clean and would change them every person just so they felt they were being fair to people, so its realy person to person but there was no requirement at the time i worked there to change them at all.

in my first 3 months on the job i wore them all the time, being the first days of TSA at LAX we worked 10 hour days 6 days a week, i wore gloves so much my hands were sweating the whole time, and after a few weeks they realy started to dry out and cracked like crazy, took me 3 months to heal and it was hard to even go to work during that time, only way they healed was by not wearing gloves at all and i didnt wear gloves for a good year after that, but i washed like crazy to the point of clean freak status, it was easyer on my hands at the time. eventually got back into the habbit because we did screen some very very nasty people. and managing the least time wearing them is best, i was not the only one having skin problems with them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2010 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
In my 3 years working for the TSA at LAX, we changed them constantly, they are infact nitrile gloves and are not plesant to wear all that long,
They are not changing them with every single person, especially if its busy and you go from patdown to patdown for up to a half hour at a time, but if you get a 2 min break between patdowns the first thing anyone does is get those damn things off and no one ever reused them that i saw, One thing that would make them change often is screening someone nasty, i have patted down people that afterwards i realy wanted to shower, and thats pretty damn bad, most people would change just because they wanted the filth off of them, its easy to end up scratching your face a few min later and a very nasty mistake to realise halfway through the scratch.
i had more than a few co workers that were very clean and would change them every person just so they felt they were being fair to people, so its realy person to person but there was no requirement at the time i worked there to change them at all.

in my first 3 months on the job i wore them all the time, being the first days of TSA at LAX we worked 10 hour days 6 days a week, i wore gloves so much my hands were sweating the whole time, and after a few weeks they realy started to dry out and cracked like crazy, took me 3 months to heal and it was hard to even go to work during that time, only way they healed was by not wearing gloves at all and i didnt wear gloves for a good year after that, but i washed like crazy to the point of clean freak status, it was easyer on my hands at the time. eventually got back into the habbit because we did screen some very very nasty people. and managing the least time wearing them is best, i was not the only one having skin problems with them.

Even the TSA guys are getting screwed by this abject stupidity. Thanks for the first hand account dude.

Link Posted: 11/17/2010 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#29]
If it was an actual sexual assault I'd think the guy would probably change his gloves, yes.

Take a grey hound if you are that fuckin paranoid. I just don't understand it... Even if you have a micro-dick its not like they could identify you and make that info public.. I don't see why some of you are so upset. It boggles my mind. The TSA agents (if you opt to go through the x-ray) see an obscure image of you.... Fuck it, nevermind. I dont even know how to explain how retarded this paranoia is. Drive or take a bus. Quit complaining that the .gov isn't doing enough against terrorism if you're going to bring up stupid shit like this.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If it was an actual sexual assault I'd think the guy would probably change his gloves, yes.

Take a grey hound if you are that fuckin paranoid. I just don't understand it... Even if you have a micro-dick its not like they could identify you and make that info public.. I don't see why some of you are so upset. It boggles my mind. The TSA agents (if you opt to go through the x-ray) see an obscure image of you.... Fuck it, nevermind. I dont even know how to explain how retarded this paranoia is. Drive or take a bus. Quit complaining that the .gov isn't doing enough against terrorism if you're going to bring up stupid shit like this.

So what you're saying is we're being stupid for not enjoying some minimum wage burger jockey grabbing a fist full of pubes just to ride on a plane?  I foresee a short journey for you on this site.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to change them between patients.  4 hours?  That's ridiculous!

Sorry, didn't clarify in my post. I meant in food service, not health services.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Um, the rule is that you are supposed to put on a new pair before each pat-down...
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I cant believe no TSA agents have been killed by an angry parrent yet.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#34]
At least take comfort in the fact that the fuckers are going to be suffering chapped hands. Everybody in my lab (BSL-2, so we wear nitrile gloves at all times in lab) has really, really dry knuckles. Mine started cracking and bleeding after 2 months until I started using moisturizer.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#35]
When this foolishness started, I believed the TSA would have us flying sedated in hospital gowns sooner or later.

Some Versed would go a long way to make it a nicer experience, though, but I believe that's where were going with all of this.
Link Posted: 11/18/2010 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

In before the shit storm.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 4:24:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

LOL you got quoted in the esteemed "WORLD NET DAILY"
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 4:39:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

MRSA is probably much more likely.  I've had it - really nasty stuff - and I would absolutely demand they use a fresh set of gloves.  

With any luck, however, the TSA monkeys will suffer far more than their share of MRSA infections from all these pat downs, and maybe a few years down the line we'll see an increased incidence of cancers in them too from being so close to those machines day in and day out.

I have no sympathy for them..  

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 4:45:57 AM EDT
[#39]
We had another thread on this yesterday, and not changing gloves after each patient (in a healthcare setting) is a clear violation of regs (NIOSH doc referenced several CFR's)

Now, it is ENTIRELY reasonable to suspect that diving into someone's trousers exposes the gloved hand to bloodborne pathogens or other potentially infectious material (OPIM)

So the gloves come out (medically speaking) of a trouser tour 'dirty'

If the next person has any break in their skin and you use the same gloves on them that is a high-potential vector for infection transmission.

Any hospital not changing gloves between patients would be hauled into court faster than you could imagine. This is the most basic fundamental stuff.

Everyone opting out should REQUIRE all new gloves on anyone touching them.

ETA: here are the referenced links & stuff:

Quoted:

Quoted:
It would be interesting to get the FDA or CDC on them as a potential contagion vector.

Hint, hint.  

Body fluids........................  

Absolutely.

Any hospital pulling this sort of stunt would be sued into the stone age.

The OSHA guidelines should be followed, particularly when probing around any orifices of the body or open wounds.

Infection

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Potential Hazard

Exposure of employees to community and nosocomial infections, e.g., Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Nosocomial infections are infections that occur from exposure to infectious organisms found in facilities such as hospitals. Health care workers are exposed to these organisms and can then become infected and/or become carriers and spread the infection to other staff and patients.

Possible Solutions
Follow the Bloodborne Pathogens Standard if exposure to blood or OPIM is anticipated including universal precautions.

Use appropriate hand washing.

According to the CDC appropriate hand washing results in a reduced incidence of both nosocomial and community infections. Guidelines from national and international infection prevention and control organizations have repeatedly acknowledged that hand washing is the single most important procedure for preventing infections. Despite this, compliance with hand washing by health care providers is poor.

Hand washing with plain soap (detergents) is effective in removing most transient microbial flora. The components of good hand washing include using an adequate amount of soap, rubbing the hands together to create some friction, and rinsing under running water. The mechanical action of washing and drying removes most of the transient bacteria present.

Washing hands as promptly and thoroughly as possible between patient contacts and after contact with blood, body fluids, secretions, excretions, and equipment or articles contaminated by them is an important component of infection control and isolation precautions.
To help protect exposure to infectious materials, wash your hands:
Wear gloves: In addition to hand washing, gloves play an important role in reducing the risks of transmission of microorganisms.

Gloves are worn for three important reasons in hospitals.

First, gloves are worn to provide a protective barrier and to prevent gross contamination of the hands when touching blood, body fluids, secretions, excretions, mucous membranes, and non-intact skin; as mandated by the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard 1910.1030.

Second, gloves are worn to reduce the likelihood that microorganisms present on the hands of personnel will be transmitted to patients during invasive or other patient-care procedures that involve touching a patient's mucous membranes and non-intact skin.

Third, gloves are worn to reduce the likelihood that hands of personnel contaminated with microorganisms from a patient or object can transmit these microorganisms to another patient. In this situation, gloves must be changed between patient contacts and hands washed after gloves are removed.

Wearing gloves does not replace the need for hand washing, because gloves may have small, in-apparent defects or may be torn during use, and hands can become contaminated during removal of gloves. Failure  to change gloves between patient contacts is an infection control hazard.

Hand washing according to the Bloodborne Pathogen Standard:
Employers must ensure that employees wash hands and any other skin with soap and water or flush mucous membranes with water as soon as feasible after contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM) [29 CFR 1910.1030(d)(2)(vi)].

Employers must provide readily accessible hand washing facilities, [29 CFR 1910.1030(d)(2)(iii)]  and ensure that employees wash their hands immediately or as soon as feasible after removal of gloves [29 CFR 1910.1030(d)(2)(v)].

When provision of hand washing facilities is not feasible, the employer shall provide either an appropriate antiseptic hand cleanser in conjunction with clean cloth/paper towels or antiseptic towelettes. When antiseptic hand cleansers or towelettes are used, hands shall be washed with soap and running water as soon as feasible [29 CFR 1910.1030(d)(2)(iv)].

Additional Information:
Guideline for Hand Hygiene for Health-Care Settings. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR)51(RR16);1-44, (2002, October 25).
Larsen EL. APIC guideline for handwashing and hand antisepsis in health care settings. Am J Infect Control. 1995 Aug;23(4):251-69. Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) guideline.  

http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/hospital/hazards/infection/infection.html

Here are the guidelines defining OPIM & who must comply with rules regarding BBP & such

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owadisp.show_document?p_table=INTERPRETATIONS&p_id=21010

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 4:47:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What do windows taste like?
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 4:47:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I also thought about pushing against their hands when they checked just to see what would happen.

But what if they started pushing back?  

You could end up smack in the middle of a faggotory interaction...  

Luckily, I don't plan to fly anytime soon.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Regardless of the profession or the reason, if someone is going to rub their hands over me after grabbing a handful of someone else's jibbly bits they better wash their hands and have fresh gloves on.  Anything less is absolutely unconscionable.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 5:49:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Hello people from WND and Drudge Report!
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:05:16 AM EDT
[#44]
The next terrorist attack will be to send in diseased contagious travelers to act as seeds for the TSA screeners to spread germs.  I expect a national health scare where TSA is central to the transmission.

Remember, this is all about insiders getting wealthy from selling ineffective x-ray naked body scanners - and the TSA must freak everyone out into submission or be pounded on rights abuses, sexual assaults, pedophilia, general groping, demeaning and exposing people with disabilities like ostomys - Stewardesses with breast prosthesis, forcing parents to assist the government in strip searching children - this is beyond crazy and does nothing about security.

Its ALL about forcing you to let TSA see you naked in over-priced, ineffective body scanners that were sold as a bill of goods to us all by insiders.

Another failed government program, and the TSA employees don't have a clue that they are being used by their superiors to sell worthless equipment.  TSA employees are TOOLS of people who are profiting from this nightmare of rights abuses.

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:18:17 AM EDT
[#45]
It's just a matter of time.  I think we could get a class action going against them if this turns out to be happening.
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:20:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The next terrorist attack will be to send in diseased contagious travelers to act as seeds for the TSA screeners to spread germs.  I expect a national health scare where TSA is central to the transmission.

Remember, this is all about insiders getting wealthy from selling ineffective x-ray naked body scanners - and the TSA must freak everyone out into submission or be pounded on rights abuses, sexual assaults, pedophilia, general groping, demeaning and exposing people with disabilities like ostomys - Stewardesses with breast prosthesis, forcing parents to assist the government in strip searching children - this is beyond crazy and does nothing about security.

Its ALL about forcing you to let TSA see you naked in over-priced, ineffective body scanners that were sold as a bill of goods to us all by insiders.

Another failed government program, and the TSA employees don't have a clue that they are being used by their superiors to sell worthless equipment.  TSA employees are TOOLS of people who are profiting from this nightmare of rights abuses.

I dunno about the health scare, but everything else you say i agree 100%.

Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#47]
ROFL
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 6:36:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#49]
In.

Danny
Link Posted: 11/23/2010 8:31:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Last time I checked it's not illegal to have a hard on.

There is a $10,000 civil penalty for having a hard on.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top