Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2002 7:08:15 PM EDT
I guess carrying a rifle in public is a no-no.  At least around Walmarts where there is a high concentration of thumb sucking idiots

[url=http://www.thedenverchannel.com/den/news/stories/news-141508020020423-200420.html]story[/url]

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -- A Wal-Mart in Commerce City was evacuated Tuesday afternoon around 5 p.m. after police received a call of a man seen walking in the store with a weapon.

The store, located at 5990 Dahlia St., sells sporting guns, but the guns are normally boxed.

Witnesses have differing accounts of what type of gun it was, 7NEWS reported. Some have described it as a rifle and some have said it was a toy gun.

The SWAT team was in Wal-Mart searching for the suspect, described as 6 feet tall, 200 pounds wearing blue jeans and a blue shirt.

Streets in the area were blocked off for the investigation.

There were no hostages nor reports of injuries.

Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
will someone lock susie soccermom in a closet and leave her there this time?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Are people being genetically bread to be fvcking idiots today?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#3]

There were no hostages nor reports of injuries.

View Quote

I'm sorry, maybe I'm a little dense tonight... tell me again why the police were called?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#4]
so what was the end of the story.  from the post all it sounds like is that the police are searching for the "suspect."  that leaves a lot to be desired for enquiring minds like mine.

what happened?????????????
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:40:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Some stockboy was restocking the charles daley shotgun display.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]
While I don't think the typical LEO-overreaction was justified, I would have also been concerned if I saw someone in a Wal-Mart with a long gun.  I've been in Wal-Mart hundreds of times (usually for work) over the past 12 years, and I have never seen them show, much less sell, a gun, so seeing someone carry one is a little unusual.z
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
While I don't think the typical LEO-overreaction was justified, I would have also been concerned if I saw someone in a Wal-Mart with a long gun.  I've been in Wal-Mart hundreds of times (usually for work) over the past 12 years, and I have never seen them show, much less sell, a gun, so seeing someone carry one is a little unusual.z
View Quote

just goes to show that area has everything to do with it.  know of two areas where wal-mart always has "gun" activity in the sporting goods departpment.  here in indy and a walmart in phoenix.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't see why they called the SWAT Team in for a guy carrying openly which is perfectly legal in Colorado, except in Denver and a few other liberal pissant cities.

I was trying to buy some ammuntion in Wal-Mart sometime back. I was 19 at the time and was buying 100 Rounds of 9mm for my Carbine. I had to explain that it was for a rifle the first time around. I came back a few days later after visiting the range to pick up another box of 100 Rounds. With the same guy standing behind her the woman puches yes when it comes up "Is it for a handgun ?" without even asking. I then go about trying to explain to her what I ahd already explained days before to the guy right next to her. She then says she's never heard of a 9mm Rifle, what are they. I said mine was a Hi-Point M995C Carbine and that there are many others such as the Camp-9, Uzi Carbine (to which words she recoils), etc...Finally, the idiot beside her (clerk I explained the same crap to days before) tells her that it is legal. I don't understand why he didn't jsut say something in the first place. I now get my ammunition at Academy Sports where they aren't such assholes.

Point of that story was I thought about bringing the rifle in out of my truck to show her it was a rifle. But, realized that as sure as I did that they'd call the Police screaming "man with a gun".
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#10]
That's kind of messed up, because one time I walked through Wal-Mart with my AR15, shopping for the right-sized screwdriver to help me unbreak the gun after I broke it. I'm glad the SWAT team didn't take me out. This is a true story.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Point of that story was I thought about bringing the rifle in out of my truck to show her it was a rifle. But, realized that as sure as I did that they'd call the Police screaming "man with a gun".
View Quote

[url]http://www.blackmanwithagun.net/[/url] ???

[:D]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:34:59 PM EDT
[#12]
from ..
that website
“Every large tree in the forest was once just a nut that held its ground.”
Hold your ground! Your freedom isn’t free!
View Quote

now there a line worth stealing...
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:29:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Just remember how the movie "Cobra" started.  Strange man with a sawed off shotgun walking around a grocery store.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:09:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I can hear the poor guy say:

"I just wanted to get my scope mounted"!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 11:28:15 PM EDT
[#15]
The SWAT team was in Wal-Mart searching for the suspect, described as 6 feet tall, 200 pounds wearing blue jeans and a blue shirt.
View Quote

You mean to tell me SWAT could not find a 200 pound guy wearing blue jeans and a blue shirt in a Walmart?  Did they look at any of the customers?  [shock]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top