Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2002 6:47:17 PM EDT
Has anyone else noticed that guns are appearing on TV and the movies in roles other than a bad guy shooting up the place? What I've noticed even more is the person behind the gun is often a woman.

In addition to the recent article about girls and guns in movies. I noticed the following:

The Army commerical where the girl was going to qualify with the M-16. (whatever happend to that?)

On Fear Factor the other night one of the contests involved shooting an AR-15.  Two of the contestents were girls.  The host introduced the challenge by rapid firing about 20 rounds through it.

Tonight on JAG they had a lady officer qualifying with the M-16.

Hopefully this trend continues.  It sure beats that anti-gun crap we were seeing when Clinton was in office getting blown by the Million Moms.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The idea of girls with guns scares me.  If my wife had acess to my guns and knew how to use them I would not last more than two months max.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The timing of this couldn't be any better.  Showing "assult rifles" being used in a non-violent fun/competative way on TV, making them appear more mainstream, with the 2002 elections right away the corner.

Guess what, the NRA is pushing for the 2004 AW ban sunset.  Read about it here
[url]http://www.gomemphis.com/mca/midsouth_news/article/0,1426,MCA_1497_1097238,00.html[/url]

Let me remind you again that the 2002 election will control what happens to the AW ban.  If the anti's don't get their butts kicked, they will certainly make it an issue in 2004.  If they do get stomped, they won't want to touch it right before the elections and it will expire. So make sure you get out and help a pro-gun candidate and make sure to vote.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Theres pretty much nothing hotter than a ProGun babe[bounce]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
according to martina mcbride, yeah!

i tell all of my girl friends who don't know that i'm into shooting and collecting firearms.  i always wait till they get to know be a little bit so that they know that normal everyday people own firearms and aren't crazy with them.

i think that little bit does a LOT to dispel the irresponsible/crazy/psychotic/nutcase myth about gunowners.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Where did you get that? I had no idea.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#6]
In the media, it goes along with the recent trend in "women who kick butt," which I think started with Ripley in [i]Alien[/i].  Look at all the shows with serious armed women these days.  Great role-models.

Hopefully it's spreading to real-life.  We need new shooters.  Us aging white males are dying off, and there ain't many new shooters filling the ranks behind us.  Plus the obvious bonus of women who, being familiar with firearms, won't fall for obvious bu**s^%t put out by anti-gun groups - they'll know better.

And in my experience, women don't [b]like[/b] to be lied to.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll second that.....(sniff), but I'm single....[>Q]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
It is just a fad started by the Dark Angel show.
Now that it's ratings have fallen off and other carbon copy shows like Alias soon to follow, some other trend will come along and within a year no one will remember "girls with guns" being "cool".
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#9]
No Pics??
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:11:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It is just a fad started by the Dark Angel show.
Now that it's ratings have fallen off and other carbon copy shows like Alias soon to follow, some other trend will come along and within a year no one will remember "girls with guns" being "cool".
View Quote

No.  Max on Dark Angel is anti-gun.  She never picks up a weapon and uses it.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:22:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And in my experience, women don't [b]like[/b] to be lied to.
View Quote

I will second that. You can do just about anything you want with a good woman as long as you are honest. Lie once and you are scum for life. We definitely need to educate this segment of the population, so that they realize they are being lied to.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:11:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Instead of producing "Girls Gone Wild" we should start a series called "Girls Gone Wild With Firearms".
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:33:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Don't feel bad. So am I[:(]
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 6:55:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

So am I... Almost got hooked up with this cutie my friend knew... she was into shooting... When I met her, she was telling me about how she liked blasting away with her uncle's AK47... I almost had a hard-on at that point!  She was FINE!!  Never heard from her after that... found out that she's engaged now.  Darnit!!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Army commerical where the girl was going to qualify with the M-16. (whatever happend to that?)
View Quote

Saw it last night.  I think on Bravo of all networks.  
Watch for the new Jennifer Lopez movie.  Typical chick-beat-on-by-domineering-male movie.  Twist is that she gets self-defense training.  Think it will involve firearms?  I bet she does the Dark Angel thing.  It would be refreshing for her to take the realistic way, and even the odds with a firearm, CCW class and license.
As for _my_ fiance, I was in the basement plinking away with my new Beeman and my she came down and started bitchin because she has this beautiful Romanian SAR-2 and we haven't gone shooting in a couple of months (we've been working on the house).  Who am I to argue?  I turned over the Beeman and made a couple of promises I intend to keep.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:14:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Where did you get that? I had no idea.  
View Quote

that was said half tongue-in-cheek.  one of her latest songs, [i]When God-fearin' women get the blues[/i] starts out like this:

[i]Lock up your husbands
Lock up your sons
Lock up you whiskey cabinets
Girls, lock up your guns[/i]

needless to say that's my favorite line in the whole song.

she's fairly conservative (based on some of the themes in her songs) but i don't know how deep or wide that conservatism runs, politically or just religiously.  and i don't know if she wrote that line because it rhymed or because she really doesn't see a problem (as she shouldn't) with owning firearms, anybody, even women.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

that was said half tongue-in-cheek.  
View Quote

Ah, ok, just wondering. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Why are you two complaining?  Get married, and THEN you'll have something to cry about!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top