Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2002 4:06:00 PM EDT
If WWIII began tomorrow and the UN/NATO allied with the Middle East and turned on Israel what would you do?.

You see, the oil countries have declared a collective Holy War on Israel due to residing on Muslim Holy Land, and have refused to sell oil to the western world unless they stay out (quietly help) the Arab Nations.

The UN/NATO alliances have given us the "all or nothing" ultimatum in maintaining membership in both.

If we side with Israel we maintain a foothold in the region and a blood ally that will be at our side until the death, and we lose the ability to purchase oil from any of the Arab Nations. But in the long run, we gain the freedom of no international support/judgement and can take whatever oil we would like through war spoils.

Who's side would you ally youself with if you were President?

Would you say fuck Israel and leave them in order to maintain good relations with Europe and the Middle East, or would you say fuck the UN/NATO and help Israel to the death?

On the other hand, we could always send in Jesse Jackson to "Mediate" the situation. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:15:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Hard to say.  If a large group of allies turned on a single one?  I would have to know the reasons before siding with either.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no longer a military threat to western Europe from the east.  Nato as an alliance will collapse with out U.S. $$$, but they can take care of themselves.  

Military threats change with the times.  The Arab world is the new threat, I would side with Israel.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Send Jesse Jackson!  I mean why the hell not?  Give him a case of Palm Beach ballots and let the UN vote on some sort of damn resolution.

And what the hell is with those powder blue helmets, anyway?  Any time the UN sends troops anywhere they got those damn powder blue helmets on their heads.  There is NOTHING in nature which is powder blue!  If the UN ever got into a fight with anybody, there'd be alot of purple helmets lying on the ground with holes in 'em.

Blood red and powder blue makes some sort of purple color.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a difficult question to answer.
On the one hand if you stand aside and bunker down here in the Good Ole US we can withstand just about any threat.
But, on the other hand which looks at the long term picture and takes into account the current state of affairs it is easy to see that we are a target.
I think that we must be involved with Israel and thereby stop any credible threats that could possibly materialize in the future.
We now posses a military and infrastructure that can handle a war, Heaven forbid. Ten years from now who knows what the cards may hold?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Side with Israel.
They are the only real military presence in the middle east.
Without the US, the UN is nothing but a collection of has beens and wanna be's.
Without our money and man power, the UN will collapse.
I say we collect all of our IOU's fro mthose countries that stand against us, and if they can't pay, take it out of their ass.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Side with Israel, of course the alliance would include England, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. As has already been stated, NATO would collapse with out the US military, the only country in Europe that might be able to stand up to us is Russia.

As far as the UN, might be able to put together a peace keeping force, that would last about two days against the US military.

The US would control the air and the seas, it would be very difficult for the UN to due anything to us.

I wont even address what would happen if they tried to put troops on US soil.

Anyways my .02.

[flame] away.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#7]
If and when the shit REALLY hits the fan, the UN with it's 2 faced Kofi Annan will walk away from us in a heartbeat.  Forget the UN.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Send Jesse Jackson!  I mean why the hell not?  Give him a case of Palm Beach ballots and let the UN vote on some sort of damn resolution.

And what the hell is with those powder blue helmets, anyway?  Any time the UN sends troops anywhere they got those damn powder blue helmets on their heads.  There is NOTHING in nature which is powder blue!  If the UN ever got into a fight with anybody, there'd be alot of purple helmets lying on the ground with holes in 'em.

Blood red and powder blue makes some sort of purple color.
View Quote

Yep. That's pretty much my feeling about it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#9]
The UN has served the US foreign policy on occasion but nowadays it is vehicle to transfer wealth to the Third World.  We should get out.

NATO was very useful during the Cold War.  Not too useful nowadays.  Mostly should stay in for a little while.

Dump Israel.  Just a drain on our funds and no political gain.  Our support is also driving up the cost of oil which is vital to our economy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Send in the clown(s)
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Nobody seems to want to ask China where they fit in all this....
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top