Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2002 1:59:59 PM EDT
The Desert Trails Gun Club [url]www.deserttrailsgunclub.com[/url] has just about finished. Concrete is poured and finished, only shooting stands are left to complete in this and perhaps next week. Thanks to all who helped with labor and or materials to finish the site. The project has run way over the time it was expected to take to complete. Several government agencies changing their minds as to what was kosher and what wasn't all the time did not help. So..gentlemen...ready on the left, ready on the right....
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
THANKS FOR THE INFO![:D]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
i have been waiting for the rifle range to open since it was just an address, been using the handgun range........

are the shooting benchs going to be concrete or wood ?

when will be the actual date that a rifle can be fired ??
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Finnaly! must take my garand down and go shooting
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 12:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
cyrax777,

don't get in too big a hurry, i drove by this morn. & the bench pedastals are going in.

i heard that shooting off hand is going to be a bitch ! standing makes the shooter too high to see a target 40" high @ 100yd. because of the baffles....., speaking of baffles, i wonder who will be the first to shoot into them......

those baffles also pose a problem when it gets windy..., they wobble, wave & sway !!!!!

Link Posted: 4/24/2002 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Final date should be pretty soon. The benches are concrete block with poured concrete tops. The baffles were a requirement of the local government entities. They were not the range owner's  way of cutting noise. I can't see how they could sway either, they're on heavy guage steel posts, with steel plate sandwiched between two sheets of plywood. I helped put them up and I've been around them when the wind was blowing pretty good and didn't see anything move. I don't think shooting down range will be a problem either, baffle height was calculated so that shouldn't happen.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Desert Trails Gun club rifle range opens tomorrow (7 May)for business. Come out and shoot up a can of ammo.
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#7]
allright

i know what im doing after class!

cya tommrow!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top