Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2002 1:30:48 PM EDT
at my sons cub scout meeting.

An NC SBI agent came in to talk to the scouts about his job.  Show some nice videos, and then brought out goodies for us to see.  First was an MP5, followed by a colt M4, and then a 40mm launcher.  

Afte the presentation, we got to stand in front of the table and look at the stuff real close.

I asked him if they were Surefire lights on the MP% and Colt, and said they were.  I told one of the dads I had the "civilian" version of the m4 there, without the flash hider, collapsible, and bayo lug.  I then pointed to the MP5 and said "I sure want one of them, but they are around $10 grand."

He was flabergasted.  He siad "You can't buy oine of those, its fully auomatic, you'd have to buy it on the black market"  I tried to explain the about class 3 weapons, but he wouldn't beleive me.  The SBI agent didn't volunteer any info either, so they all probably thought I was a raving maniac.

Oh well, the JBT may be visiting my house soon.  Time to get the tin foil on.  I can't remember, shiny side out?

Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#1]
thats why in similair situations i just "ooo and ahhhh" and say "gee whiz thats neat" like the rest of the sheep and keep walking
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Machineguns are bad for kittens and stuff, and they make Baby Jesus cry.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
at my sons cub scout meeting.

An NC SBI agent came in to talk to the scouts about his job.  Show some nice videos, and then brought out goodies for us to see.  First was an MP5, followed by a colt M4, and then a 40mm launcher.  

Afte the presentation, we got to stand in front of the table and look at the stuff real close.

Oh well, the JBT may be visiting my house soon.  Time to get the tin foil on.  I can't remember, shiny side out?

View Quote

Damn, where was this sh!t when I was a cub scout?

No tinfoil hat for this one, dress in all black, (paint your face if you want to look real maniacal), turn off the lights and wait quietly and patiently.

Tinfoil underwear and or body armor might not be a bad idea though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:39:25 AM EDT
[#4]
You are a raving maniac. Why would anyone except the police want a machinegun?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 2:49:35 AM EDT
[#5]
What is "SBI"?  Secret Bureau of Investigation?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:03:29 AM EDT
[#6]
State Bureau of Investigation
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top