Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2002 6:55:32 AM EDT
"Three people were shot, and another person was run over and seriously injured, in a wild car chase last night that began when a driver started firing an assault weapon at the occupants of another car as the two vehicles drove along Landover Road, police said. An automatic Uzi was recovered from the car."

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A32167-2002Apr23.html[/url]

Can't wait to see where this is in the Com-Post tomorrow... Hmmm... Front page or Front page...
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Crap! Another 'automatic Uzi' goes beserk in the hands of an innocent and law-abiding citizen!

Send all your 'automatic UZIs' to me and I will retrain them to be useful paper weights!

Eric The(JustDon'tExpectToGetThemBack)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I bet it wasn't a NFA registered weapon. Anyone want to bet?

Probably a kit or an converted semi auto.

I guess I should go ahead and buy that Uzi kit I was looking at before it gets banned.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I guess I should go ahead and buy that Uzi kit I was looking at before it gets banned.
View Quote

$20 says it was a semi-auto, the press loves the word "Automatic".....
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#4]
"The incident apparently began just after 11 p.m. when the driver of a green Cadillac and the occupants of a burgundy Pontiac began arguing near Pinebrook Avenue and Landover Road, police said."

While this will certainly be spun as road rage, or the corrosive effects of UZI-groping, the vehicles (Pontiac and Cadillac both scream "Hoopty" to me) involved and the time of night tell me that this was a personal score between two disgruntled "urban entrepreneurs". I'm guessing that nobody in either car was an "innocent bystander".

[<]:)][):)][shotgun]     [heavy][):)] [<]:)]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#5]
The 2004 "sunset" of the AWB just got pushed back.

We need a clock like a "Countdown to Confiscation" where Midnight is total ban on all guns and incidents like this push the hands closer to midnight - Like the "Nuclear War" clock those passivists are always talking about being 5minutes to midnight.

Right now I'd say it's about 11:45pm on the "Countdown to Confiscation" and moving foward.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
"The incident apparently began just after 11 p.m. when the driver of a green Cadillac and the occupants of a burgundy Pontiac began arguing near Pinebrook Avenue and Landover Road, police said."

[<]:)][):)][shotgun]     [heavy][):)] [<]:)]
View Quote

Yeah... Right... Road Rage at 11:00pm. The comPost sucks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#7]
My guess is it wasn't even an Uzi.  Probably a Tec-9 or one of its variations.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Were there any reports of men's clothing with large amount of fur and jewelry on it?  How about boas?  Sound like some ho dis'ed her pimp and got uh mag o' 9 fer her truble.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Ahhh, more stories from the other side of the river.

Good 'ol Landover MD.

Just an extension of S.E. DC actually.

Maryland's cream of the crop.

Don't miss that state at all.

--LS

Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Of course here in MD, even the cops don't know the difference. There was a shooting in downtown Baltimore a few years back and the cheif of police was holding up what was clearly a Mac 10. He then went on to state that the guy had used this here Tec-9-Uzi.....

I guess that's like a Ford Camaro, or a Chevy 'Cuda.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#11]
How could this happen?!  Uzi handguns are illegal in MD!  This must be a mistake.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#12]
well, IF it was auto, it wasnt an assualt weapon, it was a machine gun. as we all know, you cant have both. or so says the BATF.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:42:44 PM EDT
[#13]
This is always bullcrap. I bet the average AR15.com-er knows three times as much about firearms than the average cop...BS, American style.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
hell, I bet it wasnt even an uzi
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
hell, I bet it wasnt even an uzi, "uzi" being the generic term in the media for any evil firearm
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
hell, I bet it wasnt even an uzi
View Quote

No bet with either of you !
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:40:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I believe the correct media term here is, "UZI Style" weapon.  Those POS pukes in the media use this to describe any menacing weapons.

Also in the media buzzword dictionary we have:

Assault style
Machine Pistol
UZI Style
Assault Weapon
Assault Pistol
Hail of semiautomatic gunfire
Fusilade of semiautomatic gunfire
Hail of bullets
Automatic weapons fire

There are many more but I'm getting sick!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 4:53:51 AM EDT
[#18]

We need a clock like a "Countdown to Confiscation" where Midnight is total ban on all guns and incidents like this push the hands closer to midnight - Like the "Nuclear War" clock those passivists are always talking about being 5minutes to midnight.
View Quote

This is an excellent idea. These types of rhetorical devices motivate people, and in our case the fears of "midnight" are entirely realistic. Time to use this for ourselves.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top