Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2002 8:59:29 PM EDT
When you send a copy (signed) of your license and Drivers License, do you include a cover letter or what? what do you say?  how about requesting a catalog.  

IOW, whats the standard procedure to submitting?

(new license holder wants to know)  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Send a short letter requesting a catalog/price list. Enclosed is a copy of my C&R for your records, etc.

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I just send a signed copy with a note asking them to keep my license on file for future business.  And yes, ask them to put you on their mailing list.  

I've never sent, nor been asked to send a copy of my drivers license along with a signed copy of my FFL.  What company asked for yours?  Just curious.

Edited to add:  Congrats on your new license.  Unfortunately, all the good C&R deals ended a month ago. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#3]
                       ADDRESS
                       ADRESSS
                       EMAIL ADDRESS

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please accept and keep on file this copy of my Type 03 (Curio and Relic) FFL.  I ask that you would please add me to your mailing / email list at the above address and send any catalogs that you may have available.  Also, if you have any online access reserved for holders of FFL licensees, please add me or contact me about being added.

Thank you in advance, and I look forward to doing business with you in the future.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX  XXXXXXXXX
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 3:27:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Mailed off my C&R paperwork yesterday [:D]
Time to wait now [:(]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 3:44:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Suggest that you keep a list of who you send your FFL to.  Also send to everyone that you might possibly want to buy from, some of them have specials that you cannot take advantage of if they don't already have you on file.  Send a copy to Brownells to get a discount off of many items.  And don't forget to not sign the license you get, make photocopies and then sign them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top