Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2002 7:12:25 PM EDT
How many of you feel that we as a group are being profiled by the questions that are asked on this board? I have never seen so many probing questions on a message board. I have long felt that I should be tabulating all this info so that I could throw it up on a post to show just how much is being revealed a piece at a time.

Comments?

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:26:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
[note]Note to self:

AR15forfun likes guns and is rather concerned that people may be profiling him.  He keeps tabs on what questions are asked. [/note]

I have a feeling that *man* would easily have anyone on the board fit into the profile.  If you are refering to them trying to figure out who we are, don't kid yourself, your name and vital info is already logged and filed.  Now move along, nothing to see here.  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#3]
No need to profile me.

Everytime I move jobs, I fill out a form called a U4 that notes my last employers for the past 10yrs and residence for the past 5yrs. Then a complete background check for the past 3yrs. and finger printed. I just also applied for my CCW. [i]A CCW is a nifty way to register a gun owner, and we ask for it. Matter of fact we lobby hard and vote for it.[/i] Also had a military security clearance. Have registered a weapon under CA SB23 law. All firearms I ever bought have been through a dealer and filled out a yellow form. I post personal info here. I have met hundreds of people from the various board I visit. Specially this one.

Ain't got nothin to hide. Cause I be clean......as far as I know.....Or I could be the JBT on the board [;)]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#4]

AR15forfun has something to hide.

Defcon: please red-flag this user in the database.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I just knew this would get silly.

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:25:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No need to profile me, I'll do it for them...

I am a gun toting, commie hating, HS drop out, white anglo saxon christian male, pro life, pro capitol punishmment, pro capitalism, pro constitution, pro bill of rights, hunter, fisherman, rare steak eater, heterosexual, football watcher, beer drinker, husband of one wife, father of 2 daughters, and I drive a SUV.

Guess I must be a threat
View Quote

Pretty much a ditto, except I have a boy and a girl.  We are an all American family.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
originaly posted by me on another post

Hummm,

Another newbie [(:|)] with questions about background info.

What kind of work do you all do ?

Show me pictures of your guns !

How many mags. do you all have ?

What high school did you go to ?

Married or single ?

Keep on trying to profile us,[(:)] there's just too many of us with guns to be a stereotype.[%|]
View Quote

Makes you wonder since all the authors have low post counts and ask these types of questions.[(:)][:K]

But hey, they could be college types and its the end of the semester and all papers are due. Maybe some are doing a study for their finals.

You know the types, the pot smoking, gun hating, liberal, anti everything American, artist pussy band fag types.[):)][8P][@:D][:K][:)>][:O]

View Quote

I certainly don't fit that profile, but I do get the impression that you call the "college types" "Sir" or "Boss" after they've been out of school for a couple of years. . .
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:31:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Of course we're being Profiled.

By lazy ass Feds and by university types who like to run Psych and Sociological 'Quizzes' past us and on other Boards for whatever Research purposes they're currently involved in.

You can all guess what these Fascists intend to do with the Data they compile.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#11]
What do you mean..........

Someone owns guns here?

I thought this was a Chinese cooking website?!?!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I own no guns. I'm a stoolie for the MAN baby!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#13]
[url]http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html[/url]

I am a tree hugging, dope smoking, gay liberal hippie.  My hair goes down to my waist and I tend not to shower as much as I should.  I don't work because I make enough reselling weed.  I don't believe in guns because they kill people. I believe the government should coddle me and give me everything because that's what my mom did and I'd rather live that way even if it means higher taxes.  It doesn't matter to me,... did I mention I don't work?  I sorta read the constitution back in high school but it might have been a recipe for brownies.  I'm not sure anymore.

Anyway... that's me.  I've got nothing to hide.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#14]
YES
I cant believe it is happening to someone else

they are everywhere, always watching me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#15]
 I am your basic white bread upper middle class nighmare. I like assault rifles and huge pickups with diesels and V-10's and I only drive vehicles with clutches. I can fly a plane or chopper and know about radios and scanners and know where the cameras are , because I put um there. I have a great sense of humor unless your gay or liberal or both and I don't like visitors un-announced. I like my scotch neat and my jeans messy , like my beer cold and like women with tempers. I can blend in with any people anywhere and do a hundred different jobs and after you have lived next to me 5 years you might realize that I don't talk about myself at all. In fact the longer you are around me , the less you are sure you know.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:06:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
...and I only drive vehicles with clutches.
View Quote

I believe every vehicle has some kind of clutch... even my AC compressor has a clutch... :)
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:24:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Makes you wonder since all the authors have low post counts and ask these types of questions.[(:)][:K]

View Quote

That is a large part of their profile - low post counts.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:33:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Shit, I just went up stairs and pulled the shade in the gun room. That lasted about a minute, so I put it back up, got a beer, and I'm back. We've had snow the last couple of days, so I can see their prints if they come close to the house!
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:37:47 AM EDT
[#19]
"I was born a poor black child"
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:44:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I've been accused of profiling before...oh waitaminute, that's something else!
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:06:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But hey, they could be college types and its the end of the semester and all papers are due. Maybe some are doing a study for their finals.

You know the types, the pot smoking, gun hating, liberal, anti everything American, artist pussy band fag types.[):)][8P][@:D][:K][:)>][:O]

View Quote

I'm a newbie college student who doesn't fit the above profile.  I also don't ask those type of questions, but I reply to them every once in a while.

My research paper actually involves the effectiveness of various styles of tinfoil hats.  Specifically, I was wondering how effective a boonie style or "Safari Sam" type tinfoil hat was compared to a standard baseball cap.  Please post your construction methods as well.  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#23]
I don't buy into all of this shite about low post count=troll or undercover agent crap.  I have a low post count, because I only speak when I have something to say.  I bet 75% of everyone's post count is some kind of piddly shit agreeing/disagreeing with another's post, some kind of snide comment, or BS poll on what kind of hamburger someone eats!
I have been a member here for less than a year, but have browsed here for well over a year(mainly to gather info on my AR purchase).  To single those out who choose not to chime in on whatever is posted, is crap.  I am not interested in how many guns everyone has, I am interested in how many guns I have.(and certain ones that don't have)
God Bless Texas!
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:24:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How many of you feel........... just how much is being revealed a piece at a time.

Comments?
View Quote

I don't feel....I THINK!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#25]
On my third attempt, here is the post that actually will survive:

{Insert your favorite rant here about how real men do whatever the Hades they want and don't give a flip about what others think.}

Meet me and my wife at the BRC and make your own judgement.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top