Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2002 6:15:06 PM EDT
He still hasn't managed to make it to the range with us yet although he did go out with Deadeye47 and I last Sat and watched our first IDPA match. Anyways last Wed before I even had a chance to ask her if she was interested in practicing at the range so she could embarass and shut up the shiite talking little brother once and for all SHE ASKED ME when I was going to take her back to the range!!! She put close to 100rds downrange with the AR. At 25m she was litterally blowing away the "x" in the x ring with iron sights and at 100m with a scope she put 2rds downrange at a time then look at them with the spotting scope and she was always within an inch of the 1 inch x ring and nearly every single one of her 2rd shot groups were playing connect the dots making one big hole, she didnt get a chance to shoot at 200m as something started going wrong and we started having 3 and 5 and 8 inch shot groups at 100m and we didnt figure it out till right before we left that the scope mount had came loose and the scope was moving side to side. We were testing out 3 different types of ammo the umc 55gr, wolf 62gr and fed 62gr so we thought it was the ammo or just us doing really crappy or possibly even some sort od conspiracy but in the end when I noticed the scope mount loose I was soooooo pissed at myself!!! Anyways she says she had a blast and wants to start shooting alot more often and even mentioned being interested in competitions, but she did say I will have to buy her a shooting shirt or jacket as at the end of the day her shoulder was sore. I have never thought the AR could make someones shoulder sore but I guess when you are just 100 pounds there is not much cushion there. She had more problems with the .40 hangun as she kept shooting right handed and leaning over to use her left eye for some reason so she was hitting on the very edge of the target which means she was about 12 inches of to the right every time but once I corrected her she was within 5 to 8 inches of the x ring but i think she will do much better if I get her a 9mm her size probably. One or 2 more days out there with the scope tight and she will be ready to show up the shiite talkin little brother. And by the way she liked all of your comments about just smacking the little punk around like he deserves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top