Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2002 4:33:44 PM EDT
True story.

Last night a married couple, that is a friend of my wife and I, came over to visit around 7 in the evening.  The friends are my age, but since they are from out of town, they brought the wife's mom and step father along for the evening.

When they entered the house they removed their shoes.  I don't know why, but maybe they were just being polite.

Everything was progressing very nicely, lots of gossip, jokes and raucous laughter.  

Around 9 pm my wife heard the cat 'knocking' at the backdoor.  She got up to let the cat in.  The door is opened and the cat begins to enter the room.  

My wife screams!  She tries to close the door, but the cat is wedged half in/out.  From the pressure my wife is applying, the cat DROPS the mouse that was the cause for my wife's outburst.

When the mouse hits the floor he takes off running.  My wife runs the opposite way.  With the pressure off the cat, the kitty lunges forward and grabs the mouse!

Of course the other women in the room are also screaming!  The men are roaring with laughter!

The cat stares at us all with a look that says "Hey!  I am a cat.  This is what I do!"

Disgustedly the cat goes to its feed bowl.  I pick up the shoe of the female friend and go to dispatch the beastie. (the mouse not the cat)

When I get to the cat she drops the mouse.  It is dead.  Feeling mischevious, I place the mouse into the toe of my friend's shoe.  I return the shoe to its previous location and explain the cat already 'finished' the mouse.

We continue talking for another hour and half.  I never mention the mouse in my friend's shoe.  As the evening is winding down the husband and I are standing in the kitchen when his wife moves to put back on her shoe.

I nudge him and say "whatch this..."

His wife puts her foot into the shoe and is confused.... until she reaches in to remove the obstruction and discovers the mouse.

More screaming!

I am howling in the kitchen with my buddy.  The wife comes into the kitchen to dispatch us with her shoe!

After we fend her off we realize her mother is on the floor in the living room.  Apparently the little beastie had been faking its demise.  It had RUN straight toward my friend's mother.

The mother tried to run backwards, tripped and fell onto the couch.

Amid all the laughter and revelry nobody got seriously hurt.  The mouse is still on the loose somewhere in the house, and my wife sleeps with one eye open expecting the beastie under the bed!

TheRedGoat

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
ROTHLOA , Oh my god and yo lived tro tell this story . OH my sides hurt[}:D]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
ROTHLOA , Oh my god and yo lived tro tell this story . OH my sides hurt[}:D]
View Quote

I barely lived to tell the tale.  The wife came at me with a shoe in each hand.  If her mother had not fallen over the couch, distracting my assailant/friend, then things might have been very different in deed.

I had to reassure my wife, her friend, her mother that I HAD NO IDEA the mouse was still alive 1.5 hours later!

TheRedGoat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top