Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2002 2:11:02 PM EDT
What is your pet peeve.  Things that really P!ss you off?

It used to be Drunk students – to clarify this: HORDES of drunk MALE students being obnoxious brats, leg-less on their 4 cans of Bud. I do like the drunk female students accompanying them though

Currently, reading posts that have been answered 500 times, but the person asking refuses to use the search button!

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
1. Slow drivers in the fast lane.
2. 20 items in a 10 item only express lane.
3. Express lane clerks who have to hold conversations with their customers.
4. People that slow down on entrance ramps to freeways (merging is a foreign concept).
5. People that park their shopping cart on one side of the supermarket isle, and stand beside it on the other side, thus blocking the entire aisle.

This is the short list.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
People who are so GREEDY and SELF-Absorbed that they cruise in the left lane with no intention of moving back to the right, EVER. And, their friends who are too LAZY to ever use their turn signals.
One more, people who let their kids play Soccer, a foreign, pussy, commie, unnatural game.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#4]
1) Anti-self defense individuals
2) Idiots that cruise the fast lane, talking on a cell phone, and won't get over.
3) People that wander aimlessly through a store and have NO idea that other people are there that know exactly what they want and where it is (get outa my F**KIN' WAY!)[pistol]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#6]
1.people who shoot at my targets at the range
2.people who dont fix their ball marks on my greens
3. hunters from the city who ignore my posted signs and fire within a couple hundred feet of my house
              I could go on endlessly but those  are enough for now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#7]
1. Liberals
2. autimated phone systems
3. Range nazis. You know when you go to the range and theres always that guy that watchs like a hawk waiting for you to do something wrong, so he can jump on you. I'm an experienced shooter. Leave me alone. Go bother the asshole in the other stall thats practicing the quick draw.
4. Parents who have extremely misbehaved kids, that talk back to them and they do nothing about it.
5. When I purchase a new house to work on (I buy houses ,fix and resell for a living)and when I'm inside working nieghbors and people walking by just open the door and walk in. They must figure that since I'm not moving in and I'm there working that its ok to come in and walk through like they own the place and look over my whole operation. If the door is closed its closed for a reason.
6. Did I mention Liberals?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Educated communists.
Liberals.
Mimes.
French poodles.

ARH

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#10]
LIBERALS
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#11]
[size=5]hypocrites[/size=5]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#12]
1)Liberals
2)People driving in the fast lane that will not get over
3)Did I mention Liberals
4)The Klinton family
5)Rosie O'donut
6)Oprah
7)The Brady Bunch

medcop
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll give one that pertains to sites like this one. Not a peeve really more of an "All I can do is shake my head and wonder". It's people who chime in with an answer to an inquiry after it has been correctly and completely answered more than once. Then they feel the need to display their vast knowledge by adding superfluous information to look like they are giving a more complete and correct answer than has already been given. Some people may call them moderators.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#14]
1. Anything that wastes my time on [b]somebody[/b] else's terms (i.e. slow drivers in the fast lane, too many items in the express checkout, etc.). -- Wasting my time on [b]my[/b] terms is another matter.

2. People who have been spoiled by VCR's and think movie theatres are just an extension of [b]their[/b] living room.

3. People who think that buying fancy equipment with gobs of money equals having talent. I've seen it in photography, music, driving, ... and of course, shooting. You can't [b]buy[/b] skill.

4. People who don't take responsibility for their own actions. Or the consequences of those actions. Or for themselves in general.

5. People who can't participate in a logical debate and force it to degenerate into an emotional battle.

6. Having an educated, reasoned vote have the same value as an ignorant, emotional one.

7. The notion that you can have it all and the loss of the concept of sacrifice.

8. The Designated Hitter.

9. Sports riots.

10. Questions about my pet peeves [;)]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#16]
The person in line ahead of me in the grocery store who can't be bothered to start writing out their check until the cashier finally totals everything.  Come on, you could at least write in the date, the name of the store, and sign the check while the clerk is scanning your items, right?  And then they have to write the information in their check register while the line behind them keeps building.

Think you're done?  No Way!!!  [:(!]

Now, you end up behind this same idiot at the nearest stoplight.  They have a manual transmission and have to take their car out of gear.  Which would be fine, except once the light turns green, they can't seem to get it into first gear until the light turns yellow, at which point they calmly drive through the intersection, making you wait for the next green light.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#17]
1.  "Zero tolerance" rules.  (i.e. supposed educators that can't think.  How are they going to teach kids to think?)

2.  people too lazy or rude to use their turn signals

3.  tailgaters  (and I [b]don't[/b] drive in the fast lane)

4.  liberals (facts be damned logic)
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#18]
1. Liberals!!
2. People who slow down to a crawl and THEN decide to signal for a lane change/turn...
3. Hillary Clinton
4. Chuck Shumer
5. Poodles
6. People who park in handicapped spots. I keep reminding them they are designed for physical, not mental handicaps.
7. Dumb people. I'm a firm believer in Social Darwinism. One must have a minimum I.Q. prior to being allowed to propagate the species.
8. Liberals!
9. Liberals!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#19]
[size=6]People who lie[/size=6]

Plain and simple.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Idiots on gun boards that ask the proverbial "which is better, 9mm or .45?
Damn that burns me up!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Everything mentioned by everyone above, except expired plates.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#22]
really cute girls that turn out to be jailbait

glad i asked before going out with em [:(]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
really cute girls that turn out to be jailbait

glad i asked before going out with em [:(]
View Quote

I know what you mean girls develop so quick anymore. I'll see one walking down the sidewalk and can't till if they're 14 or 20 by looking at them. Must be all those hormones they're pumping into beef cattle these days
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Anti-jailbait laws are unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#25]
[left] The old guys that shoot at the range I go to with their old bolt .22's.  When I pull out the AR, they look at each other, mumble, look at me, repeat as necessary. One of them couldn't believe I could hit clay targets at 100 yards "with one of those gangster rifles."  With I could learn to bump, i'm sure that would really piss 'em off good. [/left]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
[left] The old guys that shoot at the range I go to with their old bolt .22's.  When I pull out the AR, they look at each other, mumble, look at me, repeat as necessary. One of them couldn't believe I could hit clay targets at 100 yards "with one of those gangster rifles."  With I could learn to bump, i'm sure that would really piss 'em off good. [/left]
View Quote
You oughta get an M16, the noise muffles the old guys' mumbling.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#27]
1. No turn signals
2. Someone who is NEVER on time
3. Someone who wastes my time
4. Someone who thinks that having money gives them some sort of God-Given right to bitch and whine about trivial crap
5. People who think emotionalism is an acceptable substitute for logic and fact
6. People who think the world in general 'owes them'

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Drivers in big trucks or SUVs who go over speed bumps at 1 MPH.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#29]
The little box on the envelope that comes with the bill - that little box that says "place postage stamp here."

If you don't know to put a postage stamp on the envelope, you don't deserve to have your mail delivered!!!

DrMark
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Drivers in big trucks or SUVs who go over speed bumps at 1 MPH.
View Quote

Hey, I resemble that remark. When I pay $28,000 for a new 4X4 I'm gonna take it easy. I dodge potholes too.[;)]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#31]
People who come up to a stop light and decide to pick the RIGHT lane to go straight, instead of one of the other empty lanes.

When two lanes turn left, and the car on the inside lane or outside lane, cuts off the other car by going into the wrong lane, which is marked. Or, people on the inside lane going straight...

Women who lie about their age, which can get you in trouble if they turn out to be underage. (no this has not happened to me, but I have seen it)

Blaming others for serving you alcohol and not knowing your limit-- HOW ARE THEY TO KNOW YOUR LIMIT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'VE BEEN DRINKING ELSEWHERE? EVERYONE HAS A DIFFERENT LIMIT!

Parents blaming others instead of taking responsibility for their poor parenting skills.

Frivolous lawsuits.

Anti-gunners who own/carry guns, yet are against everyone else who has them.

Asshole customers at gun ranges who think they are "above you" and can tell you what you can and can't do, even though they have no clue who they are talking to and have all of their facts wrong!

Intenet pop-ups & adds

Telemarketers/Spam/junk email. They do not have the right to abuse my service that I PAID FOR.

Companies who claim your info is confidential, yet they sell the info anyway.

Liars.

On message boards, people who twist your words to derive a whole new meaning or claim your "tone" is not appropriate. You cannot always determine what someone meant, or what their "tone of voice was"...

People who slow down to turn right. They will slow down to about 20 MPH. But when in a school zone, where NO CHILDREN ARE PRESENT, they will slow down even further... I guess they feel an urge to slow down???

School Zones: I RARELY SEE CHILDREN PRESENT!!!!

and many many many more...

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#32]
The following words:

[smash]    
[b]PET PEEVE[b]

Call them "worst annoyances" or something else.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Telemarketers.
Recorded telemarketing calls.
Junk Mail.
Spam.
Emails that have crap that automaticaly loads if you open the message.

Idiots who get on the freeway and rush to make it to the carpool lane even though they're not up to speed yet.

Clerks who hand you your COIN change on TOP of the BILLS so they roll off onto the floor.

Customers who TOSS their bills one by one on the counter, forcing you to pick them up one by one. Or who set the coins down on the counter, as if they can't see your outstretched hand.

Guys who waste their time and my time emailing me just to tell me they can get their primers for one-quarter cent less elsewhere and that I should "rethink" my prices.

People who come up to the store while the CLOSED sign is displayed and who PULL on the damn door anyways!! Like, sure, if it was unlocked you'd really be pretty smart to walk into a gun store when it said CLOSED!!!!

Stupid pedestrians who think that THEY have the right of way when they j-walk or dart out in front of you in a parking lot. Why don't they realize that any vehicle (almost) is much larger and heavier than they are and in a contest of car vs. human, the human will lose!

When I get "wrong number" calls on my cell phone.

Worst of all is not having enough time in the day to get everything done that I want to do.

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#35]
CELLPHONES IN RESTAURANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK.......... I HATE THAT.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#36]
People who leave 2 or more car lengths in front of them at the red light.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#37]
I can't stand the a**holes at my range that come over to bitch that I am "rapid firing" when I am firing a round a second or slower and putting every shot into a 3 inch hole at 25 yards...  
Can't stand the black powder guys shooting at a 4 X 8 foot sheet at 25 yards because they can't aim worth a damn.
Hate the idiots that could not hit a fold F-350 at 100 yards with their deer rifle telling me I am not a responsible shooter with my awful black rifles as I shoot every round into a spot smaller than a tennis ball at 100 + yards.
Hate the idiots driving honda and saturn sized cars that park 3 feet to the side of the parking spot because they can't figure out how to drive or park.
I have had it with poor service and that what am I supposed to do about it attitude.
Can't stand smokers that spend half the day outside standing there puffing away getting the same money as I am...actually working.
Liberals
Over eductated yet idiot liberals
Gay liberals
Lying liberals
Anyone that can stand watching rosie or donahue, or bill Mahr , or network news except for fox.
The freeking female minorities working at any government job that does nothing.
The looser neighbor kids that keep blowing off fireworks when I am just relaxing after work... every time they blow off fireworks I reach for an AK !!!!!  must be incoming!!!!
People wearing camo stuff that pretend to be in the military . or having served !!!!! that do not know what an MOS is !!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:37:53 PM EDT
[#38]
1)Guys who show up at the range with those damned gangster guns while I shooting my old iron sighted 22 target rifles.

Oops - I meant, and I mean, guys with a 50 bmg or 30-378s.

2)Whiny (females) at work who think you are mad at them or postal, just because you howl when you tweak your sprained ankle/wrist/etc., costing you a coveted transfer.  Damn, I'm glad I am in mining now.

3)Board Nazis who enjoy gang raping clueless newbies on this board for asking "forbidden" information or dumb questions.

4)Hypersensitive souls on this board who take offence at the slightest insult.  

5)Anyone who bashes another man's religion.  I won't change your mind, don't try to change mine.  IMnotsoHO, anyone who brings up religion, Israel posts excluded, is a TROLL pure and simple.    

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:44:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I can't stand the a**holes at my range that come over to bitch that I am "rapid firing" when I am firing a round a second or slower and putting every shot into a 3 inch hole at 25 yards...  
Can't stand the black powder guys shooting at a 4 X 8 foot sheet at 25 yards because they can't aim worth a damn.
Hate the idiots that could not hit a fold F-350 at 100 yards with their deer rifle telling me I am not a responsible shooter with my awful black rifles as I shoot every round into a spot smaller than a tennis ball at 100 + yards.
Hate the idiots driving honda and saturn sized cars that park 3 feet to the side of the parking spot because they can't figure out how to drive or park.
I have had it with poor service and that what am I supposed to do about it attitude.
Can't stand smokers that spend half the day outside standing there puffing away getting the same money as I am...actually working.
Liberals
Over eductated yet idiot liberals
Gay liberals
Lying liberals
Anyone that can stand watching rosie or donahue, or bill Mahr , or network news except for fox.
The freeking female minorities working at any government job that does nothing.
The looser neighbor kids that keep blowing off fireworks when I am just relaxing after work... every time they blow off fireworks I reach for an AK !!!!!  must be incoming!!!!
People wearing camo stuff that pretend to be in the military . or having served !!!!! that do not know what an MOS is !!!!!!!!
View Quote

OH MY GOD. i think we might be related.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
People who leave 2 or more car lengths in front of them at the red light.
View Quote
It's so we can make a quick get-away if we have to.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:10:19 AM EDT
[#41]
1)Shaking Hands.  Do you have any idea how many times I've probably gotten sick because some FF who has never washed his hands suddenly wants to shake mine!!!

2)People who use the phrase "he or she has issues".  Issues?  Magazine subscription? WTF?

3)People who buy batteries, gas, milk, bread, ect. when they are calling for snow or a hurricane.  You should already have that stuff and more you worthless sheep!

4)People who think it takes a village to raise a child.  BS, it takes two parents.

5)Those little cards that fall out of magazines including Shotgun News.

6)Restaurants who have nothing but air seperating the smoking and non-smoking sections.  WTFIUWT???

7)The term "African American" or "Mexican American" ect.  Either your American or not, it has nothing to do with other countries and definately does not describe race!!!

8)People who have no monetary discipline and have more money than necessary taken out of their check each week just so they can get a tax refund the next year.  Try explaining the concept of a free loan to these jarheads.

9)People or organizations (usually liberals) who think they can look after my needs or the needs of my family better than I can.

10)That guy who does the Food Lion commericals!

11)Finally, Signature lines at the end of posts that are more than one line long!!!!  For God's sake people stop it!!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:44:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Clowns
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:58:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
You oughta get an M16, the noise muffles the old guys' mumbling.
View Quote

Haha! Damn good thinking [:D]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 5:59:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
6)Restaurants who have nothing but air seperating the smoking and non-smoking sections.  WTFIUWT???
View Quote

I know what you mean-- like at the local Hooters restaurant, the smoking section is in two areas. One area, right next to the bar, has a row of low tables. There is a slightly higher wall next to these tables, and some "higher" tables on the other side of the wall for non-smoking! I guess they do not understand the concept that smoke does not stay at one table...
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:16:22 AM EDT
[#45]
99% of the ones listed above, and about 500 more.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#46]
1)Maxed-out compact import's...think Fast and Furious, all those stickers and lawnmower sounding exhaust says, "Hey cop! Look at me!"
Hint from a JBT: Stealth works everytime.

2)Overlyloud stereos at stoplights, I consider myself an audiophile and love loud music when I'm cruising the highways but I try not to advertise the fact that I have a kick-ass system in my vehicle at a traffic light. Plus you'll never hear the chicks in the car next to you trying to say "hi"

3)Cruise Control at 65 in the left lane and when you inch up on them because they're impeding traffic they brake tap you. [b]SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT[/b]

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Suburbanite soccermom breeders, their ball-less husbands, their snot nosed brats & the frk'n minivan/SUV that they have no clue how to drive.
Hand-wringing bed wetting liberals.
"For Your Own Good" nanny-state busybodies.  This includes antigun fcktards, antismoking scolds, antidrug&booze nags & seatbelt/helmet safety nazis.
Nitwits who refuse to move to the right lane of traffic to let faster drivers by.
Import cars with rollerskate tires & thumping radios.
Idiots who pull up to their buddies apartment complex & just honk the horn rather than go to the door.
"Harleys Rule" & "Chevies Rule" mouthbreathers.  There are other brands that are just as good if not better.  The same applies to ".45 1911 Colts are the only gun, everything else is crap" crowd.
Barney Fife local cops.  
Overly friendly glad-handers.  Being stand-offish & a general misanthrope myself these politician/used car salesman "my name is ...., glad to meet you, how the heck are you?" types really set my teeth on edge.
Guys who pull their hair back into a pony'knob' because they think it looks cool.  If you don't have enuff hair to have a real ponytail--don't.
Radio DJs who insist on talking over the start & end of songs.
spine-less Republicans
bubble headed bimbos
"Zero Tolerance" zero common sense rules.
nosy neighbors

Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:13:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:32:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
When two lanes turn left, and the car on the inside lane or outside lane, cuts off the other car by going into the wrong lane, which is marked. Or, people on the inside lane going straight...
View Quote

- I have the opposite problem: the two right turn lanes.  Some people just don't pay attention.
- Pet Pee
- People who can't talk in complete sentence: and he's like all, and it's like, you know, like you know, etc etc ad nauseum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top