Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2010 7:34:11 AM EDT
where do kids get this idea that not washing their clothes is stylish?

is grunge making a comeback?
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Not new.

My uncles tell me that they did this in the 50's.

Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#2]
They are buying them like that.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#3]
they cant wash them because the are already to fucking tight
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
if i didnt do anything to get them dirty like just wore em to school i will wear again without washing.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:38:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll go about a week without washing mine, but never washing them? Fuck that. When they hold their shape on their own because of all the grime, it's fo time.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:41:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I wear my jeans until they are visibly dirty or have an odor.

I get multiple days out of the same pair of jeans. Not that I wear them consecutively, but rotate a few pairs.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I get multiple days out of the same pair of jeans. Not that I wear them consecutively, but rotate a few pairs.

I do that with most of my pants.  Unless I spilled food on them or something, one day of sitting on the train, sitting at work, or sitting in class doesn't really get them dirty.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No kidding, if I washed my jeans everday after 1 days usage, they would be worn down to fragile pieces by the wash/dry cycle.

Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:49:33 AM EDT
[#10]
What is with the large section of new jeans that already look dirty?  I want blue jeans not yellowed blue jeans.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:52:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I wear mine until I notice a smell or they are visibly dirty.  Usually just one pair at a time, but I only wear jeans in the evening, so I can go several weeks unless I am working on an outdoor project.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding, if I washed my jeans everday after 1 days usage, they would be worn down to fragile pieces by the wash/dry cycle.

Exactly.

Quoted:
What is with the large section of new jeans that already look dirty?  I want blue jeans not yellowed blue jeans.

But some people DO want theirs to look pre-used. Capitalism!
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Unless they get visibly dirty or you go commando, washing after every use isn't necessary.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I cannot take a shower, be all clean and fresh, and then put on a pair of jeans I wore the day before. Even if they LOOK clean, they don't feel clean.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:04:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do that with most of my pants.  Unless I spilled food on them or something, one day of sitting on the train, sitting at work, or sitting in class doesn't really get them dirty.

wear white pants and see how quickly they get dirty. it will change your mind.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
they cant wash them because the are already to fucking tight

Agreed and QFT!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

buts its just the exterior of the pants, its not going to hurt anything at all.

I usually rock em 2-3 days then into the hamper they go. Even longer with work pants.

Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#19]
TJ do you mean the "trucker" fad (about 5 years ago) or are you referring to kids who buy high-dollar raw selvege jeans and wear them for months to get better whiskering?

Personally I don't chase fashion trends ... you can never catch up.  If you stick with the classics (for your age) you can never go wrong.  Check out thunderw21's fedora thread for a good example.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's after labor day so this will have to wait.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't like smelling ass.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Remember in 90's/80's when those blue jeans with shredded holes in the were popular??
MY sisters BF had a ranch in Brazoria county,TX and some company paid him to shoot these blue jeans with his shotgun...Pretty cool gig, and proves dumbasses will pay extra for damaged merchandise one would normally send back to the store.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#23]
The Green Movement.  Suzy Rotten Crotch wants her cunt to smell the same as the bean soup squirting out of her ass.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:38:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The Green Movement.  Suzy Rotten Crotch wants her cunt to smell the same as the bean soup squirting out of her ass.

Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're buying the wrong jeans. Carhartts FTW.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:44:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wash my Carhartt stuff even less.

WHAT NOW?!
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:44:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wash my Carhartt stuff even less.

WHAT NOW?!
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This.  Sometimes I do wear them consecutively.  I sit at a desk all day for work.  Unless I fart too much or the kids puke on them they don't get dirty.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 9:00:26 AM EDT
[#29]
1950 called: Get Off My Lawn.
1960 called, daddy-o
1970 called, but they were to stoned to do more than giggle.
1980 called, something about a facist machine.
1990 called uh.. um.... huh?
2000 called and said their jeans would save the world if The Man would let them make them out of hemp.
2010 tweeted omg rofl gtfo.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Most of it is not real dirt. Just dirt coloring.

It doesnt bother me. It means my real dirt colored jeans are in style too.

Link Posted: 11/5/2010 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#31]
I can only get a few days wearing my little sister's tight fitting jeans in before she figures out I've been raiding her wardrobe again and washes them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

TJ do you mean the "trucker" fad (about 5 years ago) or are you referring to kids who buy high-dollar raw selvege jeans and wear them for months to get better whiskering?

Personally I don't chase fashion trends ... you can never catch up.  If you stick with the classics (for your age) you can never go wrong.  Check out thunderw21's fedora thread for a good example.

I think this is what OP is talking about. They buy raw/selvege jeans that were never rinsed at the factory. Waiting to wash your jeans will give more defined whiskering that reflects the actual wearer.

Link Posted: 11/5/2010 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think this is what OP is talking about. They buy raw/selvege jeans that were never rinsed at the factory. Waiting to wash your jeans will give more defined whiskering that reflects the actual wearer.

I see.  Didn't all jeans come "raw" back in the 1950s or so?  What's old is new again ....
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not new.

My uncles tell me that they did this in the 50's.

First post nails it. Not new at all.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Leave those kids alone.  They are just expressing their individuality by conforming.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#36]
I also see this trend with soldiers. Lots of ketchup and grease stains on their ACUs. I personally don't have a problem with this.
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 9:40:35 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I also see this trend with soldiers. Lots of ketchup and grease stains on their ACUs. I personally don't have a problem with this.

Your military has the kewl

Link Posted: 11/5/2010 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#38]
How do you know they aren't washing their jeans?
Link Posted: 11/5/2010 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#39]
The problem with "I wash them when they start to smell" is that everyone else smells you three days before you smell you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top