Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2002 7:12:48 PM EDT
Does anyone have one of these or any info on them?
The criteria that makes this new jersey legal
looks like it could be legal as long as it does not have the following
(Semi-automatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has at least 2 of the following)

1.an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside if the pistol grip.(yes 1)

2.A threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash supperessor,forward handgrip or silencer.(?)

3.A shroud that is attached to or partially, or completely encircles the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with a non trigger without being burned.(Don't think so)?

4.Manufactored weight of 50 ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded.(46 onces)

5.A semi-automatic version of an automatic firearm.(?)

[img]http://www.gunbroker.com/pixhost/2002-02-10/sweetpea4_1013535152_Mvc-001f.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
2:no
3:no
5:no

but from what ive heard carbon 15s are uter P.O.S.

also u would probly get mroe replys if u posted this in the firearms section
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#2]
You heard correct. Ranks right down there with Hesse, CAI and other crap guns.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#3]
A guy had one at the range that he let me shoot.  It was a lot of fun.  I only shoot 10 round through it, but it functioned fine.  I also saw him shoot a couple of boxes through it with no problems.  He might have had the only good one they made; I don't know, but like I said, it sure was fun.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:31:14 PM EDT
[#4]
My brothers works fine. Never a misfeed or jam. But as cyrax777 and SteyrAUG point out it is the only one ever made to do so.
I guess[?]
Edited to add that with the above posters account there are now at least two (2) functioning pieces of crap from this company.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I dont know about New Jersey, but these are legal because they are under 50oz. and have no handguards, (the no handguards makes them look ugly) I saw one at a pawn shop once for $375, I wish I would have bought it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]
i almost bought one sunday at a gunshow in
jackson, tn. i was in the market for another
ar15 or a fal, but this show really SUCKED!
nothing but farmer guns (deer rifles, shotguns)
the carbon 15 was really the only ar type
firearm that was there. i picked it up and
looked at it for a little bit, then decided
it just felt too flimsy & cheap for the price.
$800 + tax.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:31:50 AM EDT
[#8]
OK, does anyone else make an AR pistol?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:57:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OK, does anyone else make an AR pistol?
View Quote

Not at the moment.  Using the word "pistol" loosely, refer to www.biggerhammer.net  and look at the Bushmaster ARMpistol.  They're about the same size, perhaps slightly longer though no more than an inch.  Depending on the version, there are all metal ones.  I have one of the military ones, on the heavy side, but lots of fun (loud, though).  No, they are not commercially available but you see them at gun shows sometimes.  Have to be careful of the cannibal-made ones.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:53:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Olympic Arms makes one. It is all metal and does not have a buffer tube like the other ones. It looks pretty cool but that little heat shield over the top of the barrel is pretty flimsy.
[url]http://www.olyarms.com/usa.html[/url]

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I own one and it works fine. They are alot of fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I have one - shoots fine after I put a Bushmaster bolt assembly in.

Why do you want it?  Protection? Find something else.  This is just a .22 - ballastics are so slow coming out of the short barrel that you'll not get the required "tumble" for the .223 to be effective.

If you just have to have another toy (like I did :>)), its OK.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top