Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2010 9:24:26 AM EDT
I have seen multiple definitions for this and was wondering if it was a jab at hadji or is it more of an objection to all religions?
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Islamic
The Arabic word kafir (literally the one who "covers", usually translated as "disbeliever") is the Muslim term commonly translated into English as infidel.[12][13] In the Islamic doctrinal sense, the term refers to a person who does not recognize the one God (Allah) - atheists and polytheists - and not to religions such as Christianity, Judaism - who are seen as "People of the Book (Ahl-e-kitab)".[10][14][15]

Kafir, like infidel, has also come to be regarded as offensive,[16] thus some Muslim scholars discourage its use due to the Quran's command to use kind words.[17] It is even a punishable offense to use this term against a Jew or a Christian, under Islamic law.[16] Muslims today however do tend to use the term indiscriminately in reference to all non-Muslims.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infidel
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Islamo-fascist terrorists practice (a corrupted version of) Islam.
Islam references waging war against infidels in various texts and passages.
People who fight Islamo-fascist terrorists, therefore, could be considered "infidels."

In a play on the MLB logo, you get "Major League Infidel."
In a play on the Army's advertizing motto, you get "Infidel Strong."

Just plain "Infidel" is pretty much saying, "Yes, I'm your 'enemy.'  So what are you going to do about it, sucker?"
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I have received mixed reactions from gas station owners when I wear my infidel T shirt. A couple have laughed but most scowl.
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have received mixed reactions from gas station owners when I wear my infidel T shirt. A couple have laughed but most scowl.

Link Posted: 11/1/2010 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Nothing like going to your local range with that shirt on and getting put next to a group of Middle eastern men shooting at the next station with range rentals.

Let's just say I made sure I kept a couple loaded magazines real close
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#6]
It's an FU to islamic supremacists.
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thank you.  I knew I liked it, just wanted to be sure that it didn't conflict with my Christian views.
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#8]
It's embracing the enemy's invective and daring them to make an issue of it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2010 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you.  I knew I liked it, just wanted to be sure that it didn't conflict with my Christian views.

Some people will tell you its atheist. Ive even seen them for sell on some atheist websites (Im not atheist, just found them searching for infidel). I think its all how you define it. I think everyone pretty well knows what it means, especially when its written in Arabic as well.....

Link Posted: 11/1/2010 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's embracing the enemy's invective and daring them to make an issue of it.

Rather like Yankee Doodle I would say.

Hmm... how did that work out?  Oh yeah, we won.  They lost.

Carry on.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top