Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2002 6:29:54 PM EDT
The Lone Gunmen that is.  I was watching X Files tonight (I know, give me a break already)  and all three were exposed to some weird alien crap.  Did not get the whole gist of the story cause I was taking care of the kiddos.  Not to worry though  the producers have no qualms about killing off their stars only to bring them back after they realize they made a huge mistake. I was saddened to see them go though,                -god speed  Lone Gunmen-
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they are gone for good, X files is going off the air in a couple of weeks
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The Lone Gunmen sacrificed their lives to prevent a biogenetically enginerred virus from escaping.  The virus was carried by a man who knew it had been implanted in him.  Dude errupted some sort of bio-luminiscent goo that contained the virus.

4 episodes left, Mulder is coming back....last episode 2 hrs long.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I think it is a good thing when story writers have certain characters die...afterall, I read books by authors like Glen Cook and George R.R. Martin.  When authors kill off characters that seem necessary to the plot it makes things seem real.

But there was no reason for all three to die.  It was stupid because three real people in that situation would have only allowed one of themselves to die.  They only needed one guy to pull the switch (and by the way...what kind of fire alarm is there that has you pull the switch and then traps you in with the fire...[rollseyes]).  It seems like the x-files writers wanted to kill off some folks because they are almost done with the show...and were too lazy to come up with a decent way to do it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Hope I don't piss off any X-philes guys here, but that show has sucked for several years now.  I actually liked it before the whole "is Mulder going to stay???" drama.  

Now on the other hand, I liked the spin-off series with the Lone Gunmen.  I guess that means that show won't be coming back anytime soon.  Too bad, those guys were funny...
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:42:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hope I don't piss off any X-philes guys here, but that show has sucked for several years now.  I actually liked it before the whole "is Mulder going to stay???" drama.  

Now on the other hand, I liked the spin-off series with the Lone Gunmen.  I guess that means that show won't be coming back anytime soon.  Too bad, those guys were funny...
View Quote

Likewise.  I haven't watched the show since that "movie" came out a few summers ago.  A pity.

The spinoff would have had a chance if they'd had decent writers on it, but what're the odds of that?  It reminded me of the more recent "Law & Order" garbage -- oooh, the detective sees that someone has a loose piece of yarn on his sweater, and instantly realizes that that must mean the man is the psychotic stalker who has been raping and killing women for the last three months.  Minds like steel soda cans, those detectives. . . .
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:42:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#8]
After they (sort of) resolved the "Scully has cancer" sub-plot several years ago, I lost interest in the show.  I have the same problem with "The X-Files" and "The Sopranos", they don't have a broad story line worked out in advance, so the episodes just run in random directions as the scripts are written.  This leads to pantloads of unresolved plot threads.  There won't be any great resolution on "The X-files" that ties everything together because there ISN'T anything to tie it all together.  Any explanation they give will seem like the half-assed attempt that it is.  Likewise, on "The Sopranos" nothing is likely to happen w/ Paulie Walnuts and the Russians, the subplot with Melfi and the rapist has been dropped, and so on.  TV series that are supposed to be continuing need better supervision of the scripting than either of these shows ever displayed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top