Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2002 5:48:57 PM EDT
One of my favorite film makers, even if he's going to be remembered for [i]Titanic[/i]...

My favorite has got to be [i]Aliens[/i], just a classic siege movie, stunning vision and taut to the max.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
One of my favorite film makers, even if he's going to be remembered for [i]Titanic[/i]...

My favorite has got to be [i]Aliens[/i], just a classic siege movie, stunning vision and taut to the max.
View Quote

Agreed. Aliens is a classic.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:20:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sumb*tch.  One tough poll.  Those 5 are probably some of my favorite movies.  I love every one of them just about equally.  

I had to choose Aliens because I just love all the soundbytes from that movie.  

We're on an express elevator to Hell, goin' down!
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Please don't make me choose.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, you got me.

I had to cast a vote for T2.  Nobody had picked it yet.  Technically it is the most advanced of the films listed, and pretty darned good for a sequel.

In truth, Alien would probably be my first choice.

As other have said, they are all good.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Aliens Director's cut.  The automated robot guns were pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Aliens
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#7]
"True Lies" of course.

Jamie Lee dancing in her undies. [:D]

Hell, I don't know. They are all good movies. And somehow I know "Titanic" wouldn't be on the list. [;)]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#8]
My favorite was "Titanic", did anyone else here cry like a baby when Leonardo's character died?  So tragic and so romantic at the same time!

Oh wait, I mean Aliens, can't beat an M41a pulse rifle...

[img]http://www.sci-firearms.com/PulseRifle/Replicas/GEMPulseRifle.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Terminator 1, of course, but I actually liked Titanic, because it has a huge ship that crashes and breaks and sinks, and that's kind of cool.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh wait, I mean Aliens, can't beat an M41a pulse rifle...

[img]http://www.sci-firearms.com/PulseRifle/Replicas/GEMPulseRifle.jpg[/img]
View Quote

Just remember to take more than one mag when going into the main nest...  [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/huh.gif[/img]  An extra fuel cannister for the M240 Flamethrower would come in handy too.  One of the biggest plot holes in an excellent movie.

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:03:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Bill Paxton was the best actor in Aliens.

Remember these lines?

"It's hot as hell in here."  "Yeah man, but it's a dry heat!"

"Game over man!"
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:04:29 AM EDT
[#12]
"Ever been mistaken for a woman?"
"No, have you?"

"I don't know if you've been checking up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked!"

"Game over. [i]Game over, man.[/i]"

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#13]
"Let's Rock!!!!"[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:36:04 AM EDT
[#14]
"why don't we put her in charge?"
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My favorite was "Titanic", did anyone else here cry like a baby when Leonardo's character died?  So tragic and so romantic at the same time!
View Quote

Watching Leonardo DiCaprio go under for the last time, I only cried because I knew it wasn't real.

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey u guys forgot about when Paxton said" DIE [heavy] MUTHAF&*^^%$" Or his last lines in the movie.And does any one have any pics of the smartgun or the robot guns? And didn`t LT. Gorman have a HK VP 70?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Crap, the photos won't link.

Try here for photos, including the sentry guns.

[url]garysplace.reference.directnic.com/sf/aliens[/url]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:45:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Aliens
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top