Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2010 2:50:33 PM EDT
How much paper do you save? How many a day? Return receipt? How many accounts do you keep track of?

I have one main account, check every 5 min. Comes to my phone. Can't imagine life before. I also try to send customers to email so contact info comes to my phone and desk. Works very well for my needs. I hate it when a account manager insists on a fax and won't simply check email for invoicing. Even my dad emails. Fax? Why not strap it to a dinosaur!!??
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Check mine once a day.  You don't have to have email to raise cattle.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#2]
At home, it's not greatly important.

At work, email and fax are both essential. We use emails for both internal communications, as well as outside communications with related fields. We rely heavily on faxes for warrants, as these are often time-sensitive and able to be accessed by any person who walks by the fax machine. Sending a fax also gives the recipient an instant hard copy without having to perform any additional work.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I get all my utility, bank, and credit card statements via e-mail, so I guess I rely on it a good bit.  That's on the personal side.

At work, I am mobile in a company vehicle and e-mail is how I am alerted to problems I might have to respond to.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I do more and more. I carry my laptop to the jobsite.(General contractor) Check email at least once an hour.

Its a great time saver to have the office scan something and email it to me. Read it and move it to a job folder. Plus, I can look up virtually anything, parts, phone numbers, etc.

I check email at home whenever I think to do it, every 15 minutes or so.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd estimate that 80 percent of my business at work is dependent on communication via email.

CJ

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:21:45 PM EDT
[#6]
99% of my work correspondence is through email. Only my insurance company still needs a signed copy of a document via fax. I receive a few hundred (200-300) emails a day, of which 30 or 40 are relevant to my immediate interests, and probably send out 30 to 40 a day.

I refinanced my house 99.9% through email. Not one fax, and only one phone call.

Email is an amazing tool but you have to figure out how to make it work for you. A lot of guys get buried in it or tune it out.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
At home, it's not greatly important.

At work, email and fax are both essential. We use emails for both internal communications, as well as outside communications with related fields. We rely heavily on faxes for warrants, as these are often time-sensitive and able to be accessed by any person who walks by the fax machine. Sending a fax also gives the recipient an instant hard copy without having to perform any additional work.

At work, I use email all the time.  I even have a Blackberry.  Faxes are so 90's.  I scan to a PDF file and email that.  There is much less chance of things getting lost and you have a record of what you sent.  I highly recommend it.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#8]
About as often as my snail mail
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
that's how business is done grandpa!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top