Link Posted: 4/21/2002 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Intellectuals, My Ass!

BITE ME![50]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 12:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#5]
yah, if only those Saudi intellectuals could be as reasonable as yall. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#6]
"RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A group of Saudi intellectuals and writers has condemned the United States and Israel and described them as the axis of evil in the world — borrowing a phrase U.S. President George Bush has used for Iran, Iraq and North Korea."

113 so called "intellectuals" and not one with the imagination required to use a phrase not already coined by President Bush.

Edited to add... And I always thought "Great Satan" had a nice ring to it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Perhaps the Saudi's haven't seen Macallan's post?

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=110880[/url]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:17:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
yah, if only those Saudi intellectuals could be as reasonable as yall.
View Quote

If only they could be as reasonable as a rabid dog...but it seems that level of reason is beyond them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:53:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Having issued their groundbreaking statement on terrorism, Saudi "intellectuals" can now return to debating whether a woman should be whipped or stoned for appearing in public with bare ankles.
[argue]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Having issued their groundbreaking statement on terrorism, Saudi "intellectuals" can now return to debating whether a woman should be whipped or stoned for appearing in public with bare ankles.
[argue]
View Quote
... while Americans continue debating Evolution VS Creationism.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Saudi intellectuals?  THAT is an oxymoron is I ever heard one!!

I would like to give them an advanced lesson in nuclear physics - fusion reactions!!  Multiple events to study!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[argue]
View Quote
View Quote

The Americans having that debate aren't the intellectuals. [:E]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#13]
What is this bullshit of equating constantly any massacre with what the Nazis did? Lets us all forget the millions more who where killed by the likes of Stalin. A few Jews die and the world never hears the end of it, but when a few million more russians die, who gives a shit?

All the above post remind me of what this board would be like if the cold war was still happening and someone where to bring up communist. Your all programmed to respond one way instead of saying "do I want my tax dollars driving the price of oil up?".

Give me a break.

What a bunch of peons.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Renamed you hit the nail on the head!!

Scarecrow, I am less interested in old history in the mideast than I am in recent history.  The damn Palesinians can have peace anytime they want it -- just stop the terrorism.  

I am NOT programmed and resent the implication.  What I AM is sick and tired of the Arab sympathisers giving aid and comfort to the enemy!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:28:35 PM EDT
[#15]
It is a shame that such intellectual people couldn't be a bit more original. Borrowing a phrase from Dubya doesn't speak to highly concerning creative capacity.

I would have gone with Nasty Axis. Then the Arabs could say thing like "Did you see what those nasty axis did to my house?" and :They bombed our bomb making shop! What a bunch of nasty axis!" And if the Jews were sneaking up on a position after eating gefilte fish the Arabs could say "Whew! I think I smell some nasty axis around here."
Just my two cents.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Cool!  Or maybe "poo-poo heads"... yeah, that would have been very fitting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Lines are being drawn.

I'm sure all we have to do is stop supporting Israel like 5subslr5 and others here suggest and the Saudis and all their fellow "Islam is the religion of peace, and tolerance" friendly  nations will like us again.

Give me a break.

To all those who would support any of these terrorists, Palestinian, Saudi, Iraqi, or other... YOU ACTUALLY TRUST THESE PEOPLE?

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:13:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
"RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A group of Saudi intellectuals and writers has condemned the United States and Israel and described them as the axis of evil in the world — borrowing a phrase U.S. President George Bush has used for Iran, Iraq and North Korea."

113 so called "intellectuals" and not one with the imagination required to use a phrase not already coined by President Bush.
View Quote
By borrowing Bush's phrase and using it in a formally parallel assertion, the Saudis point up Bush's hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
... and the Saudi intellectuals aren't the terrorists.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Scarecrow, I am less interested in old history in the mideast than I am in recent history.  The damn Palesinians can have peace anytime they want it -- just stop the terrorism.  

I am NOT programmed and resent the implication.  What I AM is sick and tired of the Arab sympathisers giving aid and comfort to the enemy!
View Quote

Your inability to be interested in the history makes you incapable of drawing any intellectually sound position on the middle east. Forget the past might as well forget the future and the present. Note, the Israeli's can have peace if they pull out of Palestine while the Palestinians can have the pull out if they stop the attacks. Are you also too simple minded to see the conflict here?

And on the subject of being programmed, what makes you so capable of saying that you aren't programmed? Don't you think if people realize they have been programmed to have the same positions as the state they would be able to notice it? Doesn't that defeat the whole idea behind being programmed.

Nothing but another peon reciting the same response the rest of the peons have been taught, to deny the proof, deny the facts, avoid having to develop a opinion of your own, deny history and somehow believe that the opinion you came to is impartial.

My question to you is if Palestine is the enemy because of the way in which they do war then what are the Israeli's for stealing US nuclear technology and selling it to the highest bidder? I will give you some help, one will cost millions of American lives and the other doesn't make a fucking difference. You figure it out.

Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:23:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey Scarecrow,

Remember the Gulf War?
Oh yeah, you were only SIX years old, at the time.

How about the Beruit bombing?
Hmmmm... just a twinkle in you dad's eye.

It's remarkable.  Such a broad and expansive worldview, for one so young.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 4:36:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And on the subject of being programmed, what makes you so capable of saying that you aren't programmed?

View Quote

We are all programmed, all.

School is the most obvious example of behavior modification.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Don't feed the troll.

Subsailor, I think there is a difference between education accompanied by independent thought and study versus programming.  However I see your point and agree the attempts at programming are intense these days.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
View Quote

Yes, they are.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 6:46:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
By borrowing Bush's phrase and using it in a formally parallel assertion, the Saudis point up Bush's hypocrisy.
View Quote

No hypocrisy on Bush's part, just honesty.  

I can see how it would be difficult for you to distinguish betweeen the two, they both start with an "h".  Deeper than the first letter would be a reach for your analytical abilities.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:06:14 AM EDT
[#26]
"Israeli massacres do not differ in shape or form from what the Nazis did."

Lets look at that phrase for a momment.  I think we can find some ways that they differ.

1st.  I don't recall the Jews starting anything with the Nazis.

2nd.  The Jews didn't strap bombs on the chests and blow up civilians.

Okay that's enough for now.  But I can say one thing.  The Jews are gonna kick some butt over there.

R4M[sniper]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 7:14:47 AM EDT
[#27]
"Israeli massacres do not differ in shape or form from what the Nazis did."
View Quote

Well, that's not so.

Germany was, at the time, the cradle of Western Civilization.
Art, Philosophy, Medicine, Invention, Literature, you name it.

They took all of that and turned it into a death machine.
It was a betrayal of ALL of Western Civilization, because what they did, they did in a "civilized", modern and orderly fashion.

Anyone who can't see the differences is either ignorant, in denial, or lying.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hey Scarecrow,

Remember the Gulf War?
Oh yeah, you were only SIX years old, at the time.

How about the Beruit bombing?
Hmmmm... just a twinkle in you dad's eye.

It's remarkable.  Such a broad and expansive worldview, for one so young.  
View Quote
You are attacking the man's age, not his argument.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, they are.
View Quote
Got evidence?
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

No hypocrisy on Bush's part, just honesty.  

I can see how it would be difficult for you to distinguish betweeen the two, they both start with an "h".  Deeper than the first letter would be a reach for your analytical abilities.
View Quote
Please help me analyze the situation by sharing evidence and civil argument.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:50:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Frickin' Saudis - stealing our "Axis of Evil" buzzterm.

I wonder if Bush can sue for plagiarism.

USA: You'se guys is the axis of evil.

Saudi: No, you guys are.

USA: We said it first. You are.

Saudi: Well, you are the super axis of mega-evil. Take that infidels.

[rolleyes]

I mean, come on Saudi Arabia. If yer gonna insult someone, BE ORIGINAL.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think the Saudi's were intentionally pointing out Bush's hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I still cant understand why we just dont let them drink their oil.
Lets just fund our new friends "the Russians"
oil industry, They have all we will ever need & we will never have to deal with those Saudi savages again. With their oil shield gone  middle eastern policy will become about as important as inner Mongolia.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:10:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
[argue]
View Quote

Now that there is the post of the day.

Short, succint, strong irony, even mild humor.

Youdaman,

Renamed.

No, not THAT daman.

[:D]

Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#35]
First off MickeyMouse, stop being the troll, after that you can talk about not feeding trolls.

I still find it funny how you people can equate actions outside the reason for their happening and blame people completely outside that struggle.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Frickin' Saudis - stealing our "Axis of Evil" buzzterm.

I wonder if Bush can sue for plagiarism.

USA: You'se guys is the axis of evil.

Saudi: No, you guys are.

USA: We said it first. You are.

Saudi: Well, you are the super axis of mega-evil. Take that infidels.

[rolleyes]

View Quote

When it comes to U.S. interests vs. U.S. middle east policy we are the axis of stupidity.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Yep, them Saudi's are getting queer as a three dollar bill.

One more reason we should be drilling like a steam shovel for oil, building nuclear power plants, clean burning coal, maybe even a few of them crazy windmills...[:E]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 3:00:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yep, them Saudi's are getting queer as a three dollar bill.

One more reason we should be drilling like a steam shovel for oil, building nuclear power plants, clean burning coal, maybe even a few of them crazy windmills...[:E]
View Quote

Should we 'ever' get serious about our oil dependency you'll see a move to natural and propane gas to power automobiles and light trucks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I still cant understand why we just dont let them drink their oil.
Lets just fund our new friends "the Russians"
oil industry, They have all we will ever need & we will never have to deal with those Saudi savages again. With their oil shield gone  middle eastern policy will become about as important as inner Mongolia.
View Quote
I support any and all the abovementioned proposals for lessening our dependence on Middle Eastern oil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top