Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2002 9:41:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Be sure to visit the Cody Firearms museum and drool all over the glass!

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Buffalo Bill Museum
Jellystone Park and say hello to Yogi Booboo and Cindy and Mr Ranger Sir.
Cop a couple of Pik A Nik baskets
Or take a drive south along The South Fork...dead end 80 miles long
nice view great for horses.
North up the Beartooth Highway nice drive...when Jellystone gets too crowded..
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea, if you go all that way and miss the Cody Firearms Museum....well, that'll be worth a double bitch slap.

I haven't been there myself, but from what I hear plan for it to take a day itself. [8D]

Link Posted: 4/21/2002 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I was there two years ago, the Cody Firearms is a MUST, you will like it. Most of the twon is standard tourist crap with endless Prime Rib specials for real western eatin and shoot-out in town.  There is a local gun store on Sheridan and 12th.

Ballard Rifle and Cartridge Co.( fine,expensive 19th century rifles) is on the edge of town towards Yellowstone.  They are excellant guns.

We stayed in the Buffalo Bill cabins, operated by the Days Inn.  It was cheesy, but with 50 Mustang owners parked in the area it was a blast.

Take the half-day raft trip down the Sheridan river if you have time, it was fun and in spring it may be a little exciting.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
When in that part of the state we normally camp in the KOA or state campgrounds, deending how crowded things are.

Cody is home to the buffalo bill museum and that's a two day museum. They also have a hotel started by Buffalo Bill, named for his daughter Irma and that hotel has the best prime rib buffet you will ever have. Think I ate 5 lbs of prime rib (cut's with a fork) last time we made it up there.

They also have a old west gun fight outside the Irma daily. Cody also haas a old west town where Jeremiah Johnson (real mountain man) is burried and lots of other things to do.

Then take another detour across the Mtns into Red Lodge Mt and back into Yellowstone. Lots and lots of beautifull country up there and we can never get enough.

Might also want to detour to Thermopolis, they have a excellent dinasour museuam along with some really good relaxing hot springs.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When in that part of the state we normally camp in the KOA or state campgrounds, deending how crowded things are.

Cody is home to the buffalo bill museum and that's a two day museum. They also have a hotel started by Buffalo Bill, named for his daughter Irma and that hotel has the best prime rib buffet you will ever have. Think I ate 5 lbs of prime rib (cut's with a fork) last time we made it up there.

They also have a old west gun fight outside the Irma daily. Cody also haas a old west town where Jeremiah Johnson (real mountain man) is burried and lots of other things to do.

Then take another detour across the Mtns into Red Lodge Mt and back into Yellowstone. Lots and lots of beautifull country up there and we can never get enough.

Might also want to detour to Thermopolis, they have a excellent dinasour museuam along with some really good relaxing hot springs.
View Quote

Shrike9, what part of WY are you in?  I dont see many WY people on here.  I am in Cheyenne.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#9]
When you get lost in the Wyoming woods, just stand up :)
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top