Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2010 3:42:12 PM EDT
Hey guys.

Wanted to share a non-profit my Grandfather started that sends packages to troops in Afghanistan.  He is a retired LTC and Army Ranger, served 2 tours in Vietnam (side note: I had a post a while back with some of the  interesting stories he wrote regarding his service, now on a blog).  Yes, I am very proud of him and his service  

The non-profit is called "WE CARE!".  Description from the website:  http://www.wecarevfw2401.org/

The WE CARE! Committee sends care packages to units deployed in Afghanistan for the benefit of the troops. The packages are distributed by commanding officers and senior non-commissioned officers to troops who most need them, at isolated outposts, for instance. The committee packs boxes with items we purchase and with donated items. The boxes contain snacks, personal hygiene items, and recreational materials including books and magazines. Every cent we spend and all donated items go into the boxes. The committee covers any overhead costs.

They have a youtube video summary as well (feel free to embed):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgoRg5zK0-A&feature=player_embedded

If you feel led, please forward along to raise awareness.  

––-

Cool pic of my grandpa with Charlton Heston in Dak Pek, Vietnam ... and the hilarous backstory.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:03:58 AM EDT
[#1]
1 and only bump for day crew.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 5:18:26 AM EDT
[#2]
This is an awesome thing! Thank your Grandpa for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top